Short 5 feet ladies... what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• jckirby1981
    jckirby1981 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 I have a 1yoa son and I have had the hardest time getting rid of my baby weight. hopefully this website will keep me motivated I started it awhile ago but just recently got serious.
    SW-164
    CW-151
    GW-120
  • Charweezie
    Charweezie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm 5FT, I have 2 kids and its soo hard to find time for myself...i always feel guilty for "me time" which was why i never worked out.. my time was always for my kids.. but now theres CHANGE! 2 piece swim suit here i come!!

SW-154
    CW-147
    GW-130
    UGW-120

Cant remember the last time i saw 130lbs....
  • paulinegrant01
    paulinegrant01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    5'0
    SW: 160
    CW: 130
    GW: 120
    UGW: 110
  • bethgrayster
    bethgrayster Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am almost 5'1 and my goal is between 125 and 130. About 4 years ago I was down to 112 lbs and wore a size 2 loosely. For me it was too thin.

SW: 174
    CW: 162
    GW: 125
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on the recommended weight. I feel the same way, I'm 5'0" and 179 lbs. I have NEVER, as an adult, weighed less than 140. I looked good and felt good at 140, so that's much closer to my goal.

I agree with this. Yeah, I'm 5'1". I haven't weighed a 110 lbs since I was a pre-teen lol. But, I think a lot has to do with your body frame. If you have a smaller body frame (I mean bone density) then you could easily be about 110 lbs. If you have more bone density like me then 125 lbs is just fine. I'm trying to get to 125 lbs myself so I'll know what I look like when I get there myself.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and currently at 134. My prebaby weight was always around 120-125. Trying to get back to that range.
  • kw0205
    kw0205 Posts: 62
    Options
    5'2" - lowest I've been in 20 years is 118 - my goal was 120. I was wearing 0's and 2's at that weight. I think 125 is a realistic healthy weight for me - and I've got about 18 pounds to get there. I didn't even weigh 100 pounds when I graduated from High School - and I had no idea how thin I really was. I carry all of my weight around my middle which drives me nutty. Although I lost the weight in 2009 in about 9 months, I gained every pound back so started this last month. I lost on weight watchers - but honestly, I never understood how to maintain. Good luck ladies - we can do this!
  • lorettakay
    lorettakay Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 0" and currently weigh 190 lbs........my goal weight is 140 - 150 lbs.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • elzbthcry
    Options
    I am 5ft 2 inches and weigh 140.00 i would love to be down to 127.. I am going to work hard and follow my food diary....
  • MirjaH79
    Options
    I am 5'3 1/2" and currently weigh 203. My short term goal is 80 kg (176 lbs)and long term goal at 68-70 kg (150-155 lbs). :glasses:
    When I reach that, maybe if I'm reeeally bold, I might even go for my ultimate-wildest-dream-goal at 63 kg or 140 lbs... :noway:
  • VickiDiane22
    VickiDiane22 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" started MFP at 217 lbs would like to get to 150 lbs
  • haramis
    Options
    I agree with this. Yeah, I'm 5'1". I haven't weighed a 110 lbs since I was a pre-teen lol. But, I think a lot has to do with your body frame. If you have a smaller body frame (I mean bone density) then you could easily be about 110 lbs. If you have more bone density like me then 125 lbs is just fine. I'm trying to get to 125 lbs myself so I'll know what I look like when I get there myself.

I'm 5'1", and I haven't been in the 110-115 lbs range since high school. I was in really good shape before I got pregnant (late 20's), and I was around 119 lbs, pushing lower, but I was really working for it. My easy maintenance weight then was about 122 lbs, which is a BMI of 23 and seems good to me. I'm currently at 125 lbs, and after being all the way up to 142 lbs, that feels really amazing, especially knowing that more of it is muscle now.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on the recommended weight. I feel the same way, I'm 5'0" and 179 lbs. I have NEVER, as an adult, weighed less than 140. I looked good and felt good at 140, so that's much closer to my goal.

You are correct that there are many factors that go into why different people are healthy at different weights (and should not compare). It does have a lot to do with frame size, which is not the same thing as bone density. A small frame does not have anything to do with bone density. I have a very small frame. I could go into the details, but basically my waist is 23 inches and my hips are 34 inches. I don't carry weight in my midsection, on my tummy or back. I also wear size 5.5 in shoes, so that is another aspect of having a small frame. Just because people are the same height does not mean they have the same size frame. A smaller frame means that there is less space for muscle and fat, the bones are smaller, and even the internal organs are smaller inside of the smaller body structure. It is genetic. Your own doctor will understand your frame size and what is healthy for you individually, but (as you know) we all know that for ourselves just from our life experience. I eat over 2000 calories and have always been between 100 and 110 at the most. I was 135 pregnant, and 115 a few days after the birth. And I ate between 2500 and 3000 calories a day when pregnant and breastfeeding.
  • violenceandlace
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 207. But a lot of it is muscle and I am very busty (I wear a 36F). I wouldn't be able to get down to the "BMI recommended weight" of 201-227 if I never ate again! Goal weight is 150-170.
  • DelilahFreeman
    DelilahFreeman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0 and currently 153 lbs. my current goal is 130 (which I look great at) however, my long term goal is 115. 116.6 and a BMI for 22 is my ideal stats for my age/height/build.
  • weightlessinny
    weightlessinny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'. Currently @ 105. My lowest before my first kid was 96lb. I was at 100lb for the longest. before my kids. Would like to get back to my pre-kids weight of 100lb?
  • letlethugo
    letlethugo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    CW 175lbs
    GW 150lbs --
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    4ft 11....

CW 127
    GW 123
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!