Short 5 feet ladies... what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• MarieG2023
    MarieG2023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0". Here are my stats:

SW: 143
    CW: 127
    GW: 118-120

I have a hourglass shape :smile: and cannot image myself lighter than 118. In my opinion, one's ideal weight should be agreed upon between themselves and their physician. The ultimate goal should be set on what is healthy and not what is set by the media.
  • vlmay1955
    vlmay1955 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 1/2" 57 years old and my goal weight is 95 lb, I'm able to keep it there most of the time through a good diet and lots of exercise (cardio, strength training,Taekwondo and lots of outdoor work on my property). Yes my boobs are small but they always have been. My husband says I am pure muscle.
  • peanut0123
    Options
    5' 2" goal weight 135
  • labgf4
    labgf4 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am 5'2", and I weigh 180 pounds. For my height, I should be between 115-135, and I would like to be in the 120s. Just breaking that 135 mark would make me so happy!
  • ladywendolyn
    ladywendolyn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting discussion. I think that this is very individual. I have set my goal weight at 125 pounds. I am 48 years old and I don't want to look haggard and saggy. I seem to have a lot more muscle than some of my friends, because at 140 (My current weight), I already look thinner than them. So I guess I will see how it goes. I plan to eat healthy and exercise. If my body goes lower than 125 while doing this... I will celebrate... if it does not.. I will still celebrate because I have made such a great lifestyle change and 125 is nothing to sneeze at!
  • vegannlg
    vegannlg Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting discussion. I think that this is very individual. I have set my goal weight at 125 pounds. I am 48 years old and I don't want to look haggard and saggy. I seem to have a lot more muscle than some of my friends, because at 140 (My current weight), I already look thinner than them. So I guess I will see how it goes. I plan to eat healthy and exercise. If my body goes lower than 125 while doing this... I will celebrate... if it does not.. I will still celebrate because I have made such a great lifestyle change and 125 is nothing to sneeze at!

This is completely true. I am 4'10", currently 123 and have weighed that for a few months now. My goal was about 118 or so (I'm 52, in menopause, and have no delusions about being 110#) BUT I have removed my ticker and reduced the frquency with which I weigh myself (Yay!) because:
    *I eat slightly less than I burn
    *I lift heavy weights mixed with some cardio
    *even though the scale does not change I have lost inches and continued to go down even a full pants size.
    *I see muscle definition and have strentgth and stamina, and feel great.
    When I was just eating the prescribed 1200 cal. I was miserable. This isn about sustainable life changes. Can I sustain a size 4? No way, I like to eat too much, and I can't love my family the way I want to if I'm hungry/grumpy all the time! Everyone is different so there will be just as many different answers. I'll be happy even if my body weight doesn't agree with the "charts".
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm even a little shorter at 4 feet 11 and a third inches, the charts say I should be somewhere between 108 and 114. Right now I'm shooting for 115.
  • cameralinds
    Options
    I'm between 5' and 5'1". I weigh 122.5 right now. I'm thinking between 108-112? I can weigh between 98-131 to be "healthy." I haven't been below 116 in my adult life, so pushing too much lower than that will be a challenge on my body as is.
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Oh and some of the charts make a distinction if you're small medium or large bones, they say look at your wrist size to tell. I have tiny wrists but have seen tinier so I'm somewhere small to medium boned which makes my goal weight lower than someone who's my same hight but has larger bones.

I'm shooting for 115 which I was that weight at one time long ago and I realize now how lean that was, although I would have said I was "chubby" at the time. I have gotten down as low as 122 recently which felt *very* lean. Currently maintaining at 127, winter is always my most challenging time with weight gain.
  • happymomma26
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal weight is 120. I'm currently 140. Boooo.
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2" started at 147, currently 140 and my goal is 119lbs. So only 21lbs to go :-)
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Goal is 125 for now. Enough to get my into healthy bmi.

Started at 154 on January 1, currently at 140.
  • Adobogirl
    Adobogirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 4'11.5 but I lied on my driver's license so it say's I'm 5 feet. Little did I know, that had I kept the 4-something height I would qualify for handicapped parking.

Ah, well.

Right now I'm 176lbs/12.6 stone/ 80kg. At 135lb/9.6 stone/61kg I was a size 3 or 24inch/62cm waist. I would be happy if I can get back into a size 3-5. I'm pretty athletic so my goal might might be heavier than what BMI says.
  • Loulousq
    Loulousq Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i'm 5ft tall and 208 lbs at my current weight, highest weight was 220 lbs and i never want to be there again though i can't tell much of a difference with 12 lbs gone so far. my ultimate goal is 110 lbs though i'd be happy with 120 lbs. i have always been chubby but decided i don't want to be FAT anymore, i want to be thin and healthy for a person my height. best of luck to everyone! you all inspire me!
  • JHGIRL29
    Options
    I am 5 1 1/2 feet tall.. I weigh 148...Was 133 a year ago, but lack of excercise, and hitting 40, has really slowed my metabolism..Im back at it, and hoping for a 30lb weight loss...so
    GOAL of 118.
  • Txracy
    Txracy Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm 30 years old, and a statuesque 5 ft. 3 and a Half inches! (I love that I'm not the only one who counts those fractions!)

The way my body is built, I look really bad if I weigh more than what I do right now (I'm about 106 lbs).

I have no "curves" to lose from dieting/working out, as even when I was larger (135 lbs at 5'1), I was still completely flat chested, and combined with chub, it made me look like a gigantic toddler.

At least if I'm skinny, my flat chest makes sense and looks proportionate. (And when I mean flat, I mean literally flat. I am a size 28 AAA, which is basically just a nice way of saying "Training Bra Size")

My goal isn't so much a number on a scale , as it is to tone up and gain some muscle mass.
  • panda2727
    panda2727 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    5'1"
    35 years old
    SW 179
    CW 169.6
    GW 120
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    4' 10 1/2". I have no idea what my goal is anymore.
  • mjean21
    mjean21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am about 5'1. I am currently 180 pounds. My goal weight is to get down to 140 pounds by September for my wedding. The lowest I have been (while in high school) was about 115. It's sad that every pound matters when you are short. My sister is about 5'6 and weighs around 170-160 and looks great. Those extra inches do wonders.
  • StephanyJDingman
    StephanyJDingman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as some of you. I weigh 230 right now and stand at a giant 4'11". My large goal is 120. Personally though, once I get under 200lbs will be a huge victory for me and 140 or even 150 will make a world of difference. But 120 is my goal, even though I too cannot imagine being that small.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!