Short 5 feet ladies... what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• jtannehill75
    Options
    I"m 4'11.. started out at 174.5 and 13 months later .. I'm down to 97 pounds.. I haven't been this weight in about 25 years!! Sad to admit.. I shop in the kids section.. (a lot!) :)
  • tawanda25
    tawanda25 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I honestly think someone made a mistake when they created that chart...I was a healthy extremely active 21 one year old at 105 pounds 5 feet tall. After children, I would think it should be at 120 pounds.
  • themeaningofthemorning
    Options
    first goal weight is 125... 2 lbs away
    UGW is 115
  • RunnemuckMom
    Options
    Realistically my goal is 135. I'm at 218.5, down 20.5 pounds since 1/6/13. My height is 5'1". I'm 47 and I don't think and can do much better. My daughter is 125-130 at 4'11" and she wears these tiny little dresses and looks great. However, she's been blessed with great curves, I'm bottom heavy.
  • jessica51202
    jessica51202 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3 137lbs....i'd like to be 120 but i'd settle for 125 :)
  • Bubsys_mom
    Bubsys_mom Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and currently 230 lbs.

I would like to get to 160, then go from there. I am stocky and even when I was skinny as a kid and growing up, I was "thick". I don't want to be a beam pole. Just healthy, curvy and feelin great! ;)
  • Gummyb34r5
    Options
    I'm 4'11: my current weight is 110, and my goal weight is 95. I know muscle weighs more than fat so it's not really what the scale says that matters, as long as I see a difference in my body (leaner legs, leaner arms, flatter stomach and less fat overall through out my body), I won't care what the number on my scale is! :)
  • Gummyb34r5
    Options
    I"m 4'11.. started out at 174.5 and 13 months later .. I'm down to 97 pounds.. I haven't been this weight in about 25 years!! Sad to admit.. I shop in the kids section.. (a lot!) :)

That is AMAZING! If I may ask, how did you lose that last ten pounds? I feel like because we are so short, our recommended calorie intake is already so low. So if we were to limit our calorie so much, it would ruin our metabolism. :/ I would really like to know how you did it! :) I'm also 4'11 and currently weighing in at 110, hoping to be 95.
  • Nikkitta320
    Options
    I am 4'10 and 1/2 I started around 145 after I had my daughter, I am at 135 now and my goal is to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight (before my 4yo son) of 105.
  • vlmay1955
    vlmay1955 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 1/2" and weigh around 95, I am 57 years old. (I shop in the kids section too, it's great because the shoes and clothes are usually cheaper!). Yes our recommended calorie intake is relatively low compared to someone who is much larger, but on the other hand we should be exercising regularly and burning calories. I don't have much of a problem on a day to day basis keeping at or below my net caloire intake as long as I eat HEALTHY and get plenty of good EXERCISE (cardio, strength, stretching and martial arts in addition to lots of yard work). My Dr. did tell me after reviewing my routine blood test that I was a little low on protein (I don't eat much meat) so I am adding protein powder to my yogurt, cereal etc. and trying to always put some healthy protein such as water packed sardines, salmon, etc. on my salads now. Other than that, my metabolism, body chemistry, etc. is great according to my Dr.

That is AMAZING! If I may ask, how did you lose that last ten pounds? I feel like because we are so short, our recommended calorie intake is already so low. So if we were to limit our calorie so much, it would ruin our metabolism. :/ I would really like to know how you did it! :) I'm also 4'11 and currently weighing in at 110, hoping to be 95.
  • marta07
    marta07 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    im 5'3 i want to weigh 130 or maybe 125
  • nurse_ratty
    nurse_ratty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    5 ft 2 on a good day! lol!!

was 157 lbs 40 days ago, now 144.2 lbs target 112lbs
  • vlmay1955
    vlmay1955 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I want to weight 90 lbs

It's not for me to judge, but this is way too low. I am 5' 1/2" and I got down to 90 lbs a couple times when I was doing several hours a day of of gardening/landscaping and I was too thin (so said my entire family). I am usually about 95 lb. now and they still think I am very thin. Even if you are very small boned, (I am) no way someone 5'3" should weigh this little.
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm just shy of 5 ft. and my current weight is in 158 or so. My goal weight is 125 - 130. I'm too old to worry about getting down to 115 again. I think the suggested BMI is off the mark anyway.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Im 5 feet 4 inches tall

sw: 220 pounds this time last year

cw:186 pounds

GW I am focusing goal size to get down to a size medium.
  • jess6741
    jess6741 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and currently 107. I'd like to get down to around 100.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    5'3" and I'm shooting for 140. I was 120 pre-pregnancy (know I'll never be there again!) but 140 is attainable, I think.
  • jtannehill75
    Options

hi again!! well.. to shed the last 10 pounds.. here is what i have done: (i think this contributes.. but didn't have a specific plan)

1. Park as FAR away as I can anywhere I go.. and walk, walk, walk.
    2. I chase my 3 children all day long.. especially my 2 year old. He's 22 pounds and I'm constantly lifting him over my head, running with him around the house, etc.
    3. I ate about 1100 calories/day. I have a bodymedia fit armband and always made sure I had a 1000 calorie deficit.
    4. I think this is the biggest one ever.. I eat about 70 grams of fiber/day. ;)
    Fiber sources: Quest bars (16-19g)
    Carrots (lots of them)
    3/4 cup of fiber one cereal every morning with half of a banana (35g)
    La Tortilla Brand tortillas- the large ones have 80-90 cals and 12-13 g fiber!!!
    Luna Fiber Bars- 7 g fiber and 110 cals.
    South Beach whipped almond or peanut butter bars. (100 cals and 6 fiber)
    1/2 Cup fiber one cottage cheese- 80 cals and 5 g fiber.

I make sure I move all day long.. I eat healthy all day, every day! I haven't "cheated" on my diet since I started Jan 2012. It's no longer a diet.. it's now a LIFESTYLE!! Good Luck to you all!!
  • onceuponariot
    onceuponariot Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    BMI charts don't really work too well for people our height, as we're outliers in terms of height. Body fat % is going to be more accurate an indicator of body composition and more realistic to achieve if you're gaining muscle.
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options

hi again!! well.. to shed the last 10 pounds.. here is what i have done: (i think this contributes.. but didn't have a specific plan)

1. Park as FAR away as I can anywhere I go.. and walk, walk, walk.
    2. I chase my 3 children all day long.. especially my 2 year old. He's 22 pounds and I'm constantly lifting him over my head, running with him around the house, etc.
    3. I ate about 1100 calories/day. I have a bodymedia fit armband and always made sure I had a 1000 calorie deficit.
    4. I think this is the biggest one ever.. I eat about 70 grams of fiber/day. ;)
    Fiber sources: Quest bars (16-19g)
    Carrots (lots of them)
    3/4 cup of fiber one cereal every morning with half of a banana (35g)
    La Tortilla Brand tortillas- the large ones have 80-90 cals and 12-13 g fiber!!!
    Luna Fiber Bars- 7 g fiber and 110 cals.
    South Beach whipped almond or peanut butter bars. (100 cals and 6 fiber)
    1/2 Cup fiber one cottage cheese- 80 cals and 5 g fiber.

I make sure I move all day long.. I eat healthy all day, every day! I haven't "cheated" on my diet since I started Jan 2012. It's no longer a diet.. it's now a LIFESTYLE!! Good Luck to you all!!

Thank you for your advice 40 yo and struggling to lose only 10 lbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!