Short 5 feet ladies... what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• kay8577
    kay8577 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm 4'10 and currently 128. I started out at 144 but I never knew I had become slightly obese because my bathroom scale was off by 4-5 pounds haha. My goal is 105 but I'd love to get down to 100.

I am not quite 5'0 but right know I am at 142.0 and I am hoping to get down to 100.0 I started at 164.4 and have lost 24 pounds since last August. I am hoping to get down to 100.0 by this June.
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0.5" and don't really have a goal weight. I'm currently 92-93lbs but have a petite bone structure so I don't look that weight, I look heavier. I'm going to continue losing weight until my stomach is flat, that's my goal weight I suppose. :)

Sounds like you want to tone up, not lose weight. It's not so much about the number on the scale. You can look great even if you weighed a bit more but the weight was lean muscle mass.
  • LockStockNSam
    LockStockNSam Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yesss shorties! Love the short lady posts :)

I'm 4'10", currently 118 lbs. I started out at 149.8 lbs (HW: 187 in high school), and I'm aiming for 105. I've got an 'in the meantime' goal of 110, as my tendency so far has been to reach certain goals and re-assess whether or not I want to continue losing. I've considered 100-96 lbs as my UGW, but that still seems incredibly low to me despite all the research and testimonials I've read about shorter ladies getting to 100 lbs or lower. It's always a journey, and it's always individual :)

Just an FYI on what my lifestyle for eating and working out is like: I eat 1800+ cals a day, am losing around 1.5 lbs a week, and I work out intensely 6x a week with an active rest day on Sundays (walking the dog, yoga, etc.) I'm also training for a half marathon and doing lots of strength work, because my goal is to be a strong shorty, all in all. If I reach a point where I'm no longer losing and I'm gaining, then I'm just going to focus on BF% after that (aiming for 21%-18%)

Good luck to everyone! I didn't think it'd be possible to get as low as I am now, but it keeps getting better every week. Keep going!

Is the 1800 calorie intake including calories burned or your net intake? How many during you burn in a normal workout?

Oops, I wish MFP would give you notifications when people ask you questions...

WELL almost three months late, but yes, 1800 is my net. I burn anywhere from 400-950 cals on good days, and this all depends on the type of workout. Generally, I walk about 5 miles a day, to and from work then to the gym. When there I'll do a mix of HIIT cardio, weights, body strength exercise, etc. I know that MFP is pretty off-the-charts for calorie burn estimates, so I've been relying on a heart-rate monitor for my counts. Believe me, the smaller you get, the fewer cals you burn, so make sure you're working out as hard and smart as possible. And use your time well! I haven't been able to get into the gym as often or as long as I'd like, lately, so I have to make the most of 45 mins, sometimes.

Because I was initially having trouble figuring out how many cals I needed (started out at 1200 like everyone else, felt exhausted, bumped it up to 1400, still exhausted, stopped losing, then bumped it up to 1800 and started losing at 1-1.5 lbs a week) I consulted this handy dandy calculator that fabulous MFP member 'heybales' made: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/813720-spreadsheet-bmr-tdee-deficit-macro-calcs-hrm-zones -- read the info, and included in it is a link to the spreadsheet (in googledoc form.) It's helped me and numerous people, and though it may seem like the calorie goals are 'high', believe me, you need those cals to recover if you're working out hard and often. Just remember to eat whole, unprocessed foods, and lots of them. And never give up! I've been at it for 7 months now! Still 11.6 lbs to go before I hit 100, can't quit now :) So glad there are so many petite ladies owning their epic healthy living quests!
  • mamamisfit
    Options
    I am 4'9" and 31 years old. I currently weigh about 113. I want to be about 100
  • mbish18
    mbish18 Posts: 10
    Options
    i currently am 5'4 and i started out at 216.

Current weight 213
    Goal Weight - 116

I have found myself in a sort of funk the past week, But i am determined to keep going!! It'll be a long hall but i will keep taking pictures of my journey
  • lgoldfarb
    lgoldfarb Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'. Currently 125 lbs, started out at 136. I had gotten down to 121 before xmas, but am gaining again. I have horrible self control and have trouble motivating myself.
  • d3gus
    d3gus Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 2in my starting weight was 230lbs current weight 207lbs. When i got married aged 26 i was 10 stone (140lb) and a size 10. I had previously got down to the edge of normal weight for my height' 9st 9lbs ' but i looked really skinny with my hip bones protruding so went back up to 10 stone.

I think that BMI is only a guide and really you should look at your body and you will know what is 'normal' for you- not some formula concocted by doctors to make you feel bad about yourselves. My doctors nurse still harks on that i NEED to get down to this weight - my body thinks different! heyho it may be different this time.
  • Goldfishnyc
    Goldfishnyc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 93 lbs. I'm half Asian though and very small boned, so it looks normal on me. No one would think I weigh less than 100 lbs I think.
  • GoNicoleee
    Options
    I'm 5'4, not as short, but I looked best at 120-ish. Felt better too! I'm about 50 lbs from that, hahaha.
  • shirleyrandr
    shirleyrandr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you. You can do it
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'4" and my starting goal weight was 120. But I've realized, that won't happen... and here's why... I had my BF% tested and I've found going off of a goal BF% is better than lbs because I don't care what my weight is if my BF is between 18-20%. Right now, I have 6-10 pounds of fat to lose to get to my goal BF% which would put me between 130-134.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I am not a woman, and I am not 5'0" (I'm 5'9") but I figured my experience may help you decide. When I started loosing weight I originally wanted to get to 185 or so. I had weighed that much in high school when I was in really good shape and I figured any less than that and I would look sickly. When I hit 185 I was not happy. So I adjusted down to 175. When I got there, I looked better, but still not what I wanted so I dropped my GW to 165. I am now at 163.5 and I am getting very close to how I want to look. What's the point of this?

First, BMI is meaningless. It was not meant to be used on a specific person. Even at my weight now I am on the very high end of what is considered healthy for my height.

Second, weight is also largely irrelevant. What you are really looking for is the body fat % for how you want to look. In my case, I want to be highly defined with killer abs. At my age, that means I need to be around 11% BF. I don't care of I weigh 160 or 175 as long as my BF% is at a level that I have good muscle definition.

Tracking your weight is certainly a good measure of progress, but don't set your goals based on your weight. There is nothing worse than hitting your GW and realizing that your body composition is all wrong and you don't look like you want to. Figure out how you want your body to look and make that your goal based on BF%. Gaining muscle is a good thing, but it wreaks havoc on the scale.

Really good advice.
    5'3" and set my goal at 115. That's about three pounds more than it was when I graduated from college, pre-three pregnancies. I don't know that that's my goal. I'm twenty two years past that, and my body shape has changed and matured somewhat. Now, that I've lost 2/3, I'm really concentrating on toning, shaping, and building a better body. I know if I start with a skinny body, it will be hard for me to get there. My goal now is to productively use these last five to ten pounds. ! I'll let you know when I get there if it's my parking spot or not! I loved this post today: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/921892-no-gym-required Doubt I'll ever look like that, but it's great to know it's attainable with no "special tools"!
  • JOYOUS62
    JOYOUS62 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am 4ft 11 age 50, nearer 51 :laugh:

sw 130lb

cw 127lb

goal 115lb
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I used to have a goal weight but now I don't see a point in it. I want to look at myself in the mirror and feel good in my clothes. That is my goal now. The scale is not a very accurate measure in my opinion and my emotions are far too tied up with it. There is no magic number, just feeling good is the most important.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    4'11

SW 154
    CW 105
    GW 95 (my goal is higher muscle mass, more so than scale weight right now)
  • lilbell13
    lilbell13 Posts: 18
    Options
    I dont think you should go by those weight/height charts! We are all so different and our shapes differ. I am 5 1" and I am aiming for around 135lbs. However I will know by the mirror what I look best at and I'm sure my goals will keep changing as I keep losing more and more weight! :)
  • charliehefferon
    charliehefferon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 1"

Start weight was 136lb, current weight is 107 lb - Trying to build muscle now though so I'm expecting my weight to go up... I will be happy if I stay around 110lb
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and aiming for 145. That was my weight before I had kids and I was happy there. I know my healthy range is a bit lower but I'm 231 now (starting at 249) and can't imagine being under 130. My frame of thinking is that once I am 145 I will work on toning and will probably lose more as a result of that, and where ever my weight ends up is where it's meant to be. Of course I am doing body weight strength exercises along the way to help tone too.
  • crispy_crunchie
    Options
    I'm 5'2'' and weigh 145 lbs. my goal is to reach 11o lbs.
    never been that slim but hoping and working out regularly. :)
  • SugarBoomBoom
    Options
    I am 5ft 3. I am currently 162lbs. My goal weight is between 135 - 140lbs. I am aiming for slightly curvy rather than outright skinny. 140lbs is the highest "healthy" weight for my height, according to BMI chart.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!