Short 5 feet ladies... what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0 and currently weigh 150lbs. I am aiming for 125lbs because I am doing a heavy lifting program and have always had more of an athletic build. I will reevaluate once I get to that weight and try to go lower if I'm still not happy with the way I look.
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11"
    HW: 188
    SW: 185
    CW: 155
    GW: 150
    UW: 140-145

I don't think I would want to be smaller than 140. My body is dense and curvy and I'm good with that. At 128, when I was younger, my ribs and hip bones were sticking out. I've never thought the "ideal" or "recommended" weight for my height was healthy for me. I'm not built for those numbers.
  • xjckemx
    xjckemx Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 2 as well, currently 119 llbs but striving for 112. Was 114 about 4 years ago so i know I can do it, but when it's only few pounds so bloody hard!!
  • proudandprejudiced
    Options
    I'm 5'0.5" and don't really have a goal weight. I'm currently 92-93lbs but have a petite bone structure so I don't look that weight, I look heavier. I'm going to continue losing weight until my stomach is flat, that's my goal weight I suppose. :)
  • slimline1
    slimline1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I weigh in at 154 lbs at present, after losing 11lb on the amazing Dr Mosley 5:2 diet since second week in January. I am aiming for 126 lbs, which on this regime am confident I will achieve. It's so good to fast on up to 500 calories for two days and be able to eat normally for five.
  • rachul22
    rachul22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't go along with this BMI.

I'm 5ft 3 and 248lbs. wayyyyy to heavy but my goal at the moment is to get to 170. I go off clothes size. I'm currently an 18 and want to be a 12. Feels easier going for clothes size over pounds...
  • slimline1
    slimline1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You are half way to getting there by doing something about it, we're all overweight and it's a number so keep up the good work and just concentrate on getting that number down, like the rest of us. Good luck. x
  • justjean
    justjean Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1, I'm hoping to be around 125-128lbs and I have around 10lbs to lose. I'm hoping to look good in a bikini by Mid-May since I've never worn one in public =)
  • afoz1990
    afoz1990 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just barely 5'1! Started at 120, currently between 110-111 hoping to get between 100-105 the weight I was 4 years ago when I graduated high school!
  • samii1993
    Options
    I'm 5ft2. I'm 149lbs :(. My ideal weight would be 119. Started tmoz.
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    5'3 and I am at 172, working towards 125
  • MaryJanean
    MaryJanean Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I am 5'1". My starting weight was 199. I am currently at 184. Trying to get down to 110-125. :flowerforyou:
  • acrossthesea_
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and my goal weight is 110 lbs (for now at least).
  • justkeepswimming83
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I think the BMI chart can kiss my rear. I am currently 145 and would be very happy with a fit and strong 130. As long as you're close to being in the range it suggests, I wouldn't get too caught up in the numbers. The BMI chart doesn't do a good enough job factoring in different body types, frames and muscle weight. It's a good guideline to follow but it's more important that you feel healthy. That's just my take though! :)
  • beautifulcat
    beautifulcat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 1/2inch tall and I had testing done called the bodpod and my lean mass without fat is 128lbs so the flipping BMI charts are a wrong. Because the BMI charts "say" us shorties are suppose to weight between 110lbs and at most 130bls well if that was the case I will be near 0% fat which means I would be dead!
    I was told because my lean mass is so high I would weigh around 160 and look like I am 130 so that being said I am shooting for 160lbs and single digit clothes.
    I lost weight once before got down to 180lbs and wore a size 12 so I actually think 160lbs I could be a size 8 yay!
  • petitegreek
    petitegreek Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10" and I'm currently 159 lbs. My short-term goal (by May) is to be 140 lbs. My long-term goal is to be between 120-130. I don't think I'll ever get back down to my high school weight (95-100 lbs).
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I recently needed crutches and I told the Nurse I'm 5'2, she said well according too these you are 5'5. So IDK how I grew so tall in the last few years. Happy about it tho, since this means all my % changed. I thought something was off. I want too essentially get down too a 15% body fat, I would have too weigh 110. I don't want too look like a preteen tho, so Im gonna start strength training. I am currently 124 but still have a body fat % of 21%
  • karahughes89
    Options
    im 5'1 and up in the 170s. i was at 126 when i became pregnant in 2011. my goal now is atleast in the 120s but when i get to where my body looks good and im satisfied then ill stop there.
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and currently weigh 180. I would like to first get back to 140 and maybe I can get to 125. I really just want a six pack (lol) and to be a healthy.
  • mjfish094
    Options
    I'm 51, 5'3 and currently weigh 133#. I started running again, and hope to get down to the low 120's by like June.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!