Short 5 feet ladies... what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• spaceyplum
    spaceyplum Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 38 and 5'1". I think the heaviest I may have ever been was around 148 and was down to 118 three years ago. Slowly went up to 140 once more and when I could barely squeeze my butt into my size 8's back in March I started C25K. My UG is to get down to 118 and back into my size 4 clothes... I'm getting close, CW is 124.8 as of this morning so only 6.8 lbs to go!!! I decided I wasn't giving up anything I liked to eat so I've mainly been controlling my portions and I've just been running so it's been slow going but I figure it will be easier to maintain than a diet where I cut everything I like out completely. Need to start adding weights to tone up though so I know the number on the scale will probably go up which I will be okay with as long as the inches go down. Always looking for friends to motivate so feel free to add me.
  • llbennett74
    llbennett74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and at this point I would be thrilled if I can just get below 120. I've really been struggling the last couple of months but my ultimate goal is between 110 and 115.
  • GarthBear
    GarthBear Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'0" and my goal weight is 105. I lost weight two years ago and got down to 115... but gained most of the weight back due to uncontrolled stress eating. :(

I'd love to have friends with similar goals so that we can keep each other motivated!
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    110... ugh... hard to reach for me!
  • floortje1
    floortje1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Same here. I am 5 feet as well. Now currently weighing 114 lbs, coming from around 120. Those 6 pounds make such a huge difference already!! I am a pear shaped girl as well, which means I'll Always have big legs & thighs... Ive been at 100 pounds before and I still had a big bum! I want to get to 110 first, I dont think 100 is a realistic goal for me anymore!!
    I try to work out 3 times a week but usually it ends up being 2 times... I dont really enjoy weight lifting, only doing that with group lessons like bodypump.
    Now only 4 pounds to go to get to a 110 but I've been stagnated at 114 for over a month now.... I need to relaly eat 1200 calories and no more on the days i'm not working out and I do notice that's a hard goal to reach... Anyone else has this problem??
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options

Same here. I am 5 feet as well. Now currently weighing 114 lbs, coming from around 120. Those 6 pounds make such a huge difference already!! I am a pear shaped girl as well, which means I'll Always have big legs & thighs... Ive been at 100 pounds before and I still had a big bum! I want to get to 110 first, I dont think 100 is a realistic goal for me anymore!!
    I try to work out 3 times a week but usually it ends up being 2 times... I dont really enjoy weight lifting, only doing that with group lessons like bodypump.
    Now only 4 pounds to go to get to a 110 but I've been stagnated at 114 for over a month now.... I need to relaly eat 1200 calories and no more on the days i'm not working out and I do notice that's a hard goal to reach... Anyone else has this problem??

I swear when I reach 112 I either sabotage myself or I start my period. It sucks. Currently I am trying to weight lift and change my shape instead of trying to reach my goal weight. I feel like maybe if I shift my thinking it will happen on its own.
  • nami_cat
    Options
    I am 5'2". My goal weight is between 120 and 125. I'm currently at 145. My lowest (adult) weight was around 112, but that was because of a side effect of one of my medications that left me with no appetite whatsoever. I think around 120 is a good goal for myself, because I have a medium frame and am a pretty curvy girl.

Feel free to add me if you would like another friend. :)
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I want to be 5'10 like Cindy Crawford.
  • Crazycupcake75
    Crazycupcake75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft2, current weight is 128lbs, goal weight 110lbs. Just trying to loose the last 18lbs of baby weight. I have already lost 24lbs since April 2013, my baby is 7 months old. I would love to get to target by the time he is one.
  • _2befit4life
    Options
    My goal is the same I wanna be about 125 with 18% body fat. I'm 5'2" and 145lbs right now
  • MeRoHa
    MeRoHa Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft. 4.5. My starting weight was 278. My current weight is: 229.5, My target weight is 145-155. That is what my doctor thinks is a good number for my build. Once I make it to that target range. I will then decide if I need to try to go lower. I am just happy with the progress I have made in three months.
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and weigh 132. A few years ago lost weight using Weight Watchers Core and was down to 118lbs. At that point my husband actually told me not to lose any more weight. My goal now is 125.
  • hannacb
    Options
    I'm 5' nothing, 54 years old. I feel great at 116, I'd be happy, right now to hit 120.
  • fitnessanon
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and currently weigh 108lbs my heaviest weight this year is 124lbs, my goal is 98lbs or a toned, fat less body whichever comes first. Have strict parents who are anti-diet need help, I'm 18 :)
  • mccluskeybl
    mccluskeybl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and my goal weight is 130 lbs. Highest weight was 178 lbs. Over the last 6 mo. with mfp, I've lost 39 lbs.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I don't have a goal weight or goal body fat percentage in mind anymore. I used to obsess over it and it drove me crazy. Now I just take things a day at a time, do my best not to focus on numbers, and enjoy the changes in my body as I get smaller, healthier, and stronger with my efforts.
  • Yari12
    Yari12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 1/2 in. I am 32 with 3 children, the youngest being 1 (last month). I am at 118 lbs and I am going for 115 but really wanting 110. After I had my baby I was at 130. Pre-kids I was 98 lbs and I always wanted to be at 110 but couldn't. 25% body fat. My arms are toned my legs are not toooo bad but my mid section is the problem. I have the stretched skin which is horrible too. I have hit a plateau though and I am getting discouraged.
  • floortje1
    floortje1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 1/2 in. I am 32 with 3 children, the youngest being 1 (last month). I am at 118 lbs and I am going for 115 but really wanting 110. After I had my baby I was at 130. Pre-kids I was 98 lbs and I always wanted to be at 110 but couldn't. 25% body fat. My arms are toned my legs are not toooo bad but my mid section is the problem. I have the stretched skin which is horrible too. I have hit a plateau though and I am getting discouraged.
    Don't get discouraged! The ugly truth is that being short does make it harder to loose weight and keep it off, because you only have to slip up once or twice a week to make your weight stagnate or even gain! (at least thats the case for me). How long have you been stagnated now? Don't give up! Just keep at it, your body might take a little longer than you want it to but you will get there. And if not, 118 at 5.1/2 and with 3 children is in my opinon pretty amazing! =)
  • ChubbyWubby4u
    Options
    Im 5'1
  • Cherilgrl
    Options
    I'm 5'2 173lbs. My goal is to be 130lbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!