Raspberry ketone pills

Options

Replies

• mariodog1
    mariodog1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi. I had taken these pills and yes they do work. One thing to remember is you don't want to take something for too long because then your body gets used to it and doesn't work anymore. I bought them at a health food store and the owner is very knowledgible in these items. I was I learned from Raspberry Ketone that it only helps SHRINK the fat. Not get rid of it. So, when you stop taking them the fat will come right back again.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options

For those people it's worked for, I wonder if its just eating less, drinking lots of water and exercising rather than the supplements themselves......

That is exactly what happened.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Hi. I had taken these pills and yes they do work. One thing to remember is you don't want to take something for too long because then your body gets used to it and doesn't work anymore. I bought them at a health food store and the owner is very knowledgible in these items. I was I learned from Raspberry Ketone that it only helps SHRINK the fat. Not get rid of it. So, when you stop taking them the fat will come right back again.

Then why are you taking them?
  • canadiandee
    canadiandee Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what it is. IF GIVES YOU MOTIVATION TO DO THE WORK THEN DO WHAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU! I didn't compare B12 to ketones. If you do your research and it doesn't harm your body then go with it.

You don't have to be so negative towards people. Most people start out having a very hard time stay on track. Your attitude towards their questions is not helping. Why would you want to make someone feel like an idiot for just asking a question.

Amen. Many of these threads are simply asking a question about something (quackery or not) to supplement their efforts - not an all-or-nothing extreme. If you think it's quackery, fine, say so. No need to pound the pulpit about it.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

You learned of the wonderful fat shrinking properties of ketones from the guy who makes money selling you ketones.

27739717_7867.jpg
  • msgabismit
    Options
    It doesn't matter what it is. IF GIVES YOU MOTIVATION TO DO THE WORK THEN DO WHAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU! I didn't compare B12 to ketones. If you do your research and it doesn't harm your body then go with it.

You don't have to be so negative towards people. Most people start out having a very hard time stay on track. Your attitude towards their questions is not helping. Why would you want to make someone feel like an idiot for just asking a question.

Amen. Many of these threads are simply asking a question about something (quackery or not) to supplement their efforts - not an all-or-nothing extreme. If you think it's quackery, fine, say so. No need to pound the pulpit about it.

:)
  • msgabismit
    Options
    I tried them too. Didn't work for me!!!

the best and most simple answer on here..and it does the trick. Thank you! :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I was I learned from Raspberry Ketone that it only helps SHRINK the fat. Not get rid of it.

tumblr_mg6stem2sR1qb1g04o10_r1_250.gif
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone said it was a magic pill.

I been seeing it a lot in people's diaries, but I have no idea if it works. It's probably water soluble and you pee it out anyways :) If it helps to stay on track then I say give a try. Sometimes, taking something gives us the mind set we need to follow through with our goals. Nothing wrong with that!

I started taking a B12 vitamin because I feel very fatigued and it's supposed to boost metabolism, I don't consider it a magic pill, but it's not hurting me to take it either :)

Why must "taking something" give us a mind set we need to follow through? I tend to consider that the "placebo" effect. What helps with follow through is willpower and desire. I know what I need to do, and I do it, without the aid of any type of pill.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

And like many other "guaranteed to work" pills, did the label also include "When used with proper diet and exercise"? That's the kicker, right there -- these pills ALWAYS come with that tag line.

I bet if Hershey's put on their chocolate kisses bags: "Helps with weight control when used with proper diet and exercise", then we'd see a whole bunch of "Chocolate Kiss Diet -- does it work?" posts.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

my problem with that answer is that it leaves wiggle room.

alot of folks, for whatever reason, think that they are special snowflakes and that what might not work for somebody else, may still work for them .

but raspberry ketones don't work for anybody. they cannot. they are a complete fraud.

so leaving wiggle room may leave the mistaken impression with the special snowflake crowd, that MAYBE the raspberry ketones will work for them, because they are special.

when somebody replies in no uncertain terms that something does not and cannot work, it's because they want to eliminate any uncertainty in the answer. not necessarily even for those participating in the thread, but for the many lurkers on the site who may stumble upon the thread.

at the end of the day, i certainly don't want to be mean or rude to anybody, but i also don't want to mislead somebody by omission. i was not one of the people who responded on this thread who was being accused of being rude either, but i share those folks' frustration that this topic pops up daily here on this site, and that no matter how much they/we try to debunk it and lead folks away from wasting their money, they/we will inevitably be accused of being mean or rude for doing so. :grumble:
  • msgabismit
    Options

my problem with that answer is that it leaves wiggle room.

alot of folks, for whatever reason, think that they are special snowflakes and that what might not work for somebody else, may still work for them .

but raspberry ketones don't work for anybody. they cannot. they are a complete fraud.

so leaving wiggle room may leave the mistaken impression with the special snowflake crowd, that MAYBE the raspberry ketones will work for them, because they are special.

when somebody replies in no uncertain terms that something does not and cannot work, it's because they want to eliminate any uncertainty in the answer. not necessarily even for those participating in the thread, but for the many lurkers on the site who may stumble upon the thread.

at the end of the day, i certainly don't want to be mean or rude to anybody, but i also don't want to mislead somebody by omission. i was not one of the people who responded on this thread who was being accused of being rude either, but i share those folks' frustration that this topic pops up daily here on this site, and that no matter who much they/we try to debunk it and lead folks away from wasting their money, they/we will inevitably be accused of being mean or rude for doing so. :grumble:

We all share the same frustration of "quack" things and things that may not work for anyone..but do you see how YOU explained vs. some others? This is why I will respond to you, not to others. There is always a way to say things to a person. Especially over weight issues. Most of us aren't here because we're greatly motivated..or else we wouldn't be here. We'd be in the gym. How you respond to even the slightest silly question can sometimes make or break that person. I am a very blunt and outspoken person and can be very harsh, but on issues that people have been dealing with for years (like weight), I will choose my words carefully. Still truthfully, but carefully.
  • yoovie
    Options
    not everyone wants to be treated carefully, some of us can take being manhandled by the truth.

If someone told me something carefully, Id miss the point as it sailed past my head.

I have no idea if the person asking the question is the kind that needs to be treated like a baby bird or a baby bear. So they get both kinds of responses from the general public (like they asked for) and they choose the one that works for them.

Or they get all hung up on the one that doesnt work for them and sit on the internet and talk about why it doesnt work for everyone instead of taking the motivation and tone of voice they wanted and running with it. This question was about raspberry ketones, not about what kind of motivation and information delivery that all humans require.

NOW back on topic, I dont know anyone who has taken them and gotten half the results they got at the gym while including a multivitamin or B12/Iron supplement. Take them if you dont mind temporary weight loss that will come back.
  • yoovie
    Options
    Im actually pretty freaking pissed off at all the people that told me I was doing a good job when they knew I was wasting my time doing all the wrong things and not progressing anymore. could have saved me some time and worlds of hurt and frustration.

jerks.
  • msgabismit
    Options
    Im actually pretty freaking pissed off at all the people that told me I was doing a good job when they knew I was wasting my time doing all the wrong things and not progressing anymore. could have saved me some time and worlds of hurt and frustration.

jerks.

I do agree with this. I want motivation that works, not just settles my whines for one day.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

jerks.

I do agree with this. I want motivation that works, not just settles my whines for one day.

The long explanations often don't work in the forums. Blunt and frank may sound rude but it gets the point across. If the person chooses to take personal offense because someone insults a product that they are using, then I think they need to grow a thicker skin. The biggest challenge in self improvement is the necessary self reflection, and yes, sometimes we need to learn to laugh at ourselves. I certainly have made my share of mistakes and fallen for my share of B.S. That's part of why some of us are so adamant. Good information is actually harder to find than misinformation. And I agree on the thanking the people that were blunt and often snarky, I've often said to myself "oh damn, that is B.S. isn't it."
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

jerks.

The long explanations often don't work in the forums. Blunt and frank may sound rude but it gets the point across. If the person chooses to take personal offense because someone insults a product that they are using, then I think they need to grow a thicker skin. The biggest challenge in self improvement is the necessary self reflection, and yes, sometimes we need to learn to laugh at ourselves. I certainly have made my share of mistakes and fallen for my share of B.S. That's part of why some of us are so adamant. Good information is actually harder to find than misinformation. And I agree on the thanking the people that were blunt and often snarky, I've often said to myself "oh damn, that is B.S. isn't it."

^All of this. I wish wish wish I had someone tell me what I was doing before was dumb, stupid etc. I am grateful for the people now that are more than willing to call me on my BS and they do it straight. Unless I completely turn a blind eye..there's no way for me not to be accountable for not thinking..hehehehe. :)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

You learned of the wonderful fat shrinking properties of ketones from the guy who makes money selling you ketones.
    250px-Cheechandchong.JPG
  • sharpei65
    sharpei65 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Good grief I can't believe how this thread has gone!
    I wasn't the original poster (she's probably been frightened off) but I did add the second comment about being interested for people's comments as I was curious.

I deal with facts, so the posts from people who were just rude against the OP rather than at the product itself, and who didnt add any real comments - I will ignore....

There really is no need to slate the person asking the question...by all means slate the product if thats what you want to do and offer some reason for doing that.

The main bits I took away from the posts is that RK temporarily shrinks the fat cells so once you stop taking them, the cells return to normal. So on that basis I wont be giving them a try.

I, probably like the OP, didnt regard RK as a miracle pill, as clearly they aren't and they will never exist but I thought they acted as an appetite supressant and thats the only part that caught my eye, particularly as I've just started to get my mind set into the 'eat more and weigh less' approach. I currently can't do much exercise and certainly no weight training at the moment.

I knew there was a reason why I rarely read the boards and even rarer post anything!
  • yoovie
    Options
    The main bits I took away from the posts is that RK temporarily shrinks the fat cells so once you stop taking them, the cells return to normal. So on that basis I wont be giving them a try.

I think this is probably the best.

Getting your advice on taking pills from reading between the lines on an internet forum where no experts are listed and almost everyone is disagreeing and pulling out one loosely-based-on-some-kind-of-science sentence - is the best kind of research you can do to get healthy.

100%