Tips for adding protein to breakfast.

Options
13»

Replies

• Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of prepping cupcake size frittatas on Sunday to reheat through the week.
    But I'm going to try some of these other ideas. Yum!
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue, so started boiling off a few eggs at a time and just keeping them in the fridge (in a container) so I can grab one in the morning. Voila, instant and good source of protein :)
  • ridofthegoodies
    ridofthegoodies Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Also recommendations for protein powders?

I like Designer Whey and order a gigantic container (4.4 lb/65 servings) on Amazon < $50 - cheapest I could find.
    - Designer Whey - Protein Powder Strawberry, 1 scoop: Calories 100|Carbs 3|Sugar 2|Fiber 0|Fat 2|Protein 18|Chol 60|Calcium 20

Active Performance Complex tastes better, but I can only find it at my Co-op, so I am not sure if its available near you.
    - APC - 100% Whey Protein Shake - Vanilla 1 scoop: Calories 110|Carbs 4|Sugar 3|Fiber 0|Fat 2|Protein 20|Chol 55|Calcium 13
    sorry... egg whites added WITH the oatmeal... as in, next to them. Sorry!

LOL. Thanks for the clarification. I am intrigued by Steel Cut Oat "Loaf" - may have to experiment...
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I use Genuine Health proteins+ for my protein powder.. I love it because it only is 110 cals, 1.8 carbs and 25g of protein for 2 scoops, it's from my town (Toronto), no weird ingredients/gluten free and has a money back guarantee - no questions asked. It comes in Berry, Vanilla and Chocolate and is sweetened with Stevia. Can't go wrong.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I make a big batch of scrambled eggs up on Sunday night to eat during the week. 3 white 1 whole egg a day. Just scramble up a week’s worth and reheat. Add some veggies and they taste great.

I do the same thing. Add some onion, and a bell pepper,
    and some bacon. Reheat in the microwave, wrap it up in
    a tortilla shell with a slice of Swiss, (+salsa) and it's good
    to go!
  • KitKB
    KitKB Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Mini quiche cups (any ingredients you would put in an omelette - mix together, bake in a muffin tin @ 350 about 20 minutes) you can make these on a Sunday and have 2-3 per serving a couple of times per week.

Great idea! How do you store them/heat them back up?