Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My 365th day.....87lbs gone

One year ago, I woke up 87lbs heavier than I woke up this morning. 87lbs. That is almost the combined weight of my 2 sons....unbelievable!

People ask me what I’ve done to be successful and I say diet and exercise, but it’s been so much more. This is a life change. When I first started out, I just counted calories. I learned what exactly portion control was all about. What I thought was a single portion was often 2-3 times as much. A couple weeks later, I incorporated exercise. At first, I could barely last 10 minutes on the elliptical and forget about walking on the treadmill….my calves burned like mad! But I just kept plugging and I didn’t give up. Sure there have been “bad days”, but I still keep going. In the first few months, I often wanted to quit. Being fat was sure as hell easier than losing weight….I’m sure I have said this to my friends and family more than I even care to know! But I kept seeing the scale drop into the numbers I haven’t seen for 10+ years. I made little goals for myself and achieved them. I have plateaued quite a few times and even though I would get unbelievably discouraged, I still kept my eye on the prize.

I’ve had to do a lot of trial and error as well. What worked in the beginning doesn’t work now. What works now will not work in 6 months from now. Currently I am sitting at 44lbs away from where I want to be but I may not be done at that point. I've got my end goal at 64lbs more, but we'll see what I feel like when I get there.

I’m not putting these photos out there because I am fishing for comments and compliments…I am putting these up so that people who struggle with their weight can see that it CAN be done. I hope the one person that thinks there’s nothing they can do to lose weight can be inspired. :)

1year-1.jpg

Replies

• Janie_May
    Janie_May Posts: 51 Member
    Dramatic and motivating before and after pics! Thanks for keeping me inspired.
  • CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    Amazing transformation! Keep up the great work!
  • Haley_Adele
    Haley_Adele Posts: 37 Member
    Thank you for posting, it's posts like yours that keep me going. Keep up your good work you look amazing well done :-D
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Great work! You look awesome...
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Holy batman! Good job
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    great story. thanks for the info. I look forward to seeing more of your journey!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Look at you!!! I tell my husband all the time that "getting smaller hurts!" It's not easy and it takes dedication. You've worked hard and earned much praise!!
  • tonums1977
    tonums1977 Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you! This is so motivating!
  • That's awesome and very motivating! Thanks for posting your story!
  • 50isMyGoal
    50isMyGoal Posts: 1 Member
    You are my hero! Congratulations on your success and all that you have learned on your incredible journey to health and fitness!
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    You look absolutely amazing and should be so very proud of yourself! Fantastic job:)
  • pianolover2012
    pianolover2012 Posts: 168 Member
    You have so inspired me! I need to lose about 80 pounds so your story is truly my inspiration. It is amazing that you spent a year making healthy choices and it paid off! Congrats! You look great!
  • Shook765
    Shook765 Posts: 117 Member
    AWESOME JOB! Thank you for the inspiration to keep pushing along!
  • Congrats! Very motivating.
  • PerlaRubi2013
    PerlaRubi2013 Posts: 110 Member
    You're truely an inspiration to me and others!!! Thank you for sharing!!! You look great BTW!! :)
  • Great job and thx for posting...Lately I feel like giving up and your post reminds me you gotta keep plugging along.:smile:
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Awesome job. Keep it up!! What a success!
  • susanb305
    susanb305 Posts: 15 Member
    you are an inspiration!!! Thanks for sharing. It sure motivates me to follow your lead
  • Heatherurban75
    Heatherurban75 Posts: 6 Member
    AMAZING and inspirational!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 272 Member
    Amazing job, congratulations.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!