Who Just Eats Normal VS Who Eats Healthy/Organic/Low Carb...

Options
124»

Replies

• forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I started out trying to just eat "clean". I don't really like eating a lot of meat and I recently figured out I was really eating way too many carbs. Most of it was whole grain, but I think I may be sensitive to wheat and/or lactose because I was having a lot of bloating and stomach issues. So I've now cut out the wheat and lactose for the time being so I can later add one at a time and see which triggers it. I am also trying to eat low-carb.

I also previously used truvia/stevia on a daily basis in my coffee and I've cut that out. I now use only non-dairy creamer (soy or almond based) and no sugar/sweetener in my coffee. I buy organic when I can especially when it comes to meat/eggs, and buy as much organic produce as possible. Unfortunately I can't afford to buy EVERYTHING organic right now. Eventually I would like to go totally organic. I try not to buy any fat-free/low fat diet foods anymore and eat as much real food as I can.

In short: I eat a mix of all of those (normal, Healthy/organic/low carb). I do splurge and eat "bad" unhealthy foods on occasion, but for the most part I eat healthy.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I eat a little of both, I guess.
    I try to hit my macros and often opt for healthier versions or alternatives... But I have 'regular normal' foods sometimes. I don't think one way or the other is 'THE way'
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I just eat. Seems to work.
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I just eat normal. Im conscious of what I eat obviously, otherwise why would I be on MFP, but I dont follow any fads or anything like that. I have other important things on my mind