SBF2 Reboot Boogaloo! March 15th

2»

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,788 Member
    Yesterday I did: 2 yoga classes, 30 minutes on the bike, and a 30 minute walk. The yoga was way easy though. I actually taught like a real teacher and didn't practice with the class, so the first yoga didn't really count. The second yoga was what I'm beginning to think of as melba toast yoga - nothing wrong with it unless you've had artisan crackers.

Today I'm trying Dharma Mittra Yoga. Don't know much about it. He's a famous yogi (still alive and in New York) and I thought I should take one of his classes in case I'm ever at a conference and he's there.

So the timesheet thing resolved itself. I ended up, not only with the hours owed me but a bonus hour on my most recent paycheck. I mentioned this to the director and she said not to worry about it. I think it would be too hard to figure out what went wrong.

New yoga, boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Just got back from a combination yoga/pilates class. Very cool. Also, the teacher showed me some stretches that eliminated neck tension I've been carrying for literally weeks. (it was rooted in the pectoralis minor, apparently...this is a super difficult muscle to stretch, and one that my massage lady always works on.)

I have super jelly legs now. It was one of those classes that felt very gentle during, but the attention to form got all those itty-bitty muscles you don't usually think about.

On tap for the rest of the day: some reading and relaxing. Rain is coming in, so it's a perfect day to curl up with some hot tea and a book.

stretched instead of stressed boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,699 Member
    Hi Ladies,
    Not much to report here. I've had a headache since our walk last night. It's probably either hormones or the weather. It was 70* yesterday and it's windy and *38 today with a chance for snow tonight. :grumble: First day of spring and it's winter all day.
    It was nice to walk last night, even though it was just a stroll. I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things come Monday.
    We are going to look around at houses this afternoon. Probably not in any, just driveby's. I don't want to get my hopes up about moving, but it's hard not to.
    That's really about it. I think I am going to go bundle up and get Alex bundled up and we're going to go.
    Mouse or house hunting boogaloo.
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    Morning pebbs,

Today is my restorative-ish yoga. I hope the teacher shows up today, since it's the last one I can do for a while. My voice is actually returning to normal, so next week it's back to the choir loft.

I've been looking all over the internets this morning to find a store in Toronto that sells vibrams. I saw a calf-muscle before/after picture on the internet and was sold. (Mary, do you have the "sprint"? That seems to be the one that's geared toward running/walking) There's only one store in town and they only carry one model in women's sizes. I cry sexism. I find it a little coo-koo that in this huge town I don't have more choice. Also, I've been wearing shoes that have little or no support as of late, and my knees and back and feet feel better, not worse. Hmmmm....

So, today is yoga and possible shoe-hunting. Also, I need to do some serious food supply shopping. My cupboards are empty, and I've turned to convenience food too much as of late.

Shopping smarter boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,788 Member
    Brrr - way cold for a Texas March.

I have the KSO and the Sprint. I just ordered another KSO and a classic. The only Sprint they had on the website were hot pink - and they are already noticeable enough. I would call the place before going over there to try them on. If you find them and don't mind the color - go ahead and buy right then - dang they are hard to find, even the website is out of a lot of them. The website shows all the stores that are supposed to carry them as well - save you the time.

Well, my abs are sore from yoga yesterday. This confirms what my yoga anatomy teacher said - if you want to work your abs, use them the way they were meant to be used, as stablizers. We did some very long balance poses and no direct ab work.

Today - own yoga practice and a walk. Also plan food for the week. Husband is having gum surgery and needs soft foods.

Sunday, boogaloo.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Just got back from the sports/outdoors co-op that sells the vibrams. Literally 75% of the people in the shoe department were trying them on. They had just gotten their first shipment in months, so it must have been the right time for me to break down and buy a pair. Ended up with a pair of KSOs in sort of a grey/green. Now...to develop the nerve to wear them in public. :laugh: I haven't seen a pair at my gym yet, so I'm guaranteed to make new friends by wearing them...they were the conversation starter of the shoe department.

Also, my restorative yoga wasn't...it was actually pretty strenuous, and all kundalini stuff (standing forward bend to standing backbend and back again at a pretty fast clip. I just get dizzy.:sick: ) I was sort of bummed about that, and also pleased because now I won't miss it so much.

Weird muppet feet boogaloo.:wink:
This discussion has been closed.