SAHM 3/15 - 3/21

Options
Hi everyone! We are a great group of stay at home mom's that share our life experiences with each other through our weight loss journey. We don't have any official weigh in's or challenges, but are here to encourage and support each other. We welcome newcomers!

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Morning, SAHM sisters! The time change has been great. Grace slept till 10 yesterday, and almost 9 today (hence the lateness of the new thread). I love it!
    Could hardly sleep this morning after hubby's alarm clock got off. My head was pounding 207 all night. I kept thinking "Wait, I thought we were focused on 208?"
    I get on the scale after the kid & I get up, aaaaaand.... 207.6!! I have officially lost 40 lbs! Here's to being under 200 by April 1!

Tonight we paint the bathroom. Yay! We are trying to decide what to paint the ceiling. It has bars going across it, so we don't know whether to paint the ceiling a solid color & do trim color, or just do a solid color period. I keep telling hubs we should get a green as our accent color to help pull the tub & sink into the tile, but he's not hearing any of it. We could totally leave the ceiling the trim color and do the bars in green. Apparently the master bathroom project has become property of the master of the house, LOL

It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. I hope I can take Grace to a park or something :)
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm feeling good this morning! I did day 4 of Shred level 1 (still not finishing it though) last night, and this morning I'm not NEARLY as sore as I was last week! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Trish - Great job on the weight loss!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: And, yay to new paint!! You're getting closer! I don't know what to tell you on the ceiling paint. There are so many ways you can do it, and none of them are the wrong way.

I'll check back later! Gotta get some work done!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Gm Ladies! I hope everyone had a great weekend! I didn't get to read everyone's thread from the weekend.

Trish!!! that is so great! 40 lbs! awesome! how did you break through that wall? I am still at my wall:ohwell:

Stacey- I did read about your HS question, and I am going to leave that to Kim and Melissa. I have the curriculum set up for me with the online school.

Goals....ignore the scale all week and not step on it! I stepeed on it on Fri and I was 166.6 I stepped on it yesterday and I was 169.0...I didn't cheat...didn't have alcohol.....maybe my sodium was too high and I didn't realize it? dunno...Auntie flo is joining me sometime this week so we shall see...But I am determined to NOT weigh myself until friday now!

Of course my drinking water is a goal as well!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Nicole-- 2 words: System Six. The supplement has really been helping. It's improved my moods, which has affected everything else. A happy person is willing to go out and live life. I think the 150 oz of water last night really helped the bowels get moving too. Between that & my chiropractor pushing my "digest button" on Friday, I was finally able to have a really good BM (so relieved). Everything's still making a lot of noise down there, so I will continue to drink massive amounts of water and help it out. Sorry if that's all TMI.
    I will post a pictures on St. Patrick's day of me in my favorite shorts (size 16 that I haven't worn in years, and they are LOOSE), and St. Patty's shirt. It will be interesting to compare the shot to my Sugar Daddy one. We should start laying tile by Wednesday. Yay!
    The 3 lbs you got is probably from AF. Smart thinking to skip weighing this week :)
    I should be getting mine later next week, and then I will choose to skip it again next month. Skipping it last month was heavenly. Thank heavens for BC! Hahaha

Amy I'm glad you're not as sore. It just means you are getting healthier every day! Little changes make huge differences.

Oh well, need to stop avoiding gym. Am I still a runner if I dread running? LOL
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Amy- yay on the shred! It's tough! I have it and I use it still because all of the levels are a great workout!

Trish- COOL! I looked the system six, and it is the same company where I get the kids their vitamins! The next time I go to the gorcery store, I will have to pick up some! And yes! you still are a runner, even if you are dreading your run. I have come to the conclusion that running is 90% mental 10% physical! I dread my runs alot!!!!! Until I force myself to get out there and run, then I am so glad that I did!!!!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    yay trish! and nicole, no worries. kim and melissa pm'd me + woman at gymnastics gave me good info too.
    if you're worried abt stepping on the scale--move it far away. (like in a kitchen cabinet). you can always re-zero it on friday. outta sight outta mind.

amy--that's wonderful! my one workout each of the last sundays left my legs sooooo sore till thurs. off to the Y for boy's soccer class and then i'm staying to exercise.

goal is 4 days of exercise this week. next week i want to get back to p90x--enuf stalling!

later girls!
  • sassydot
    sassydot Posts: 141
    Options
    Ahhhhhhhh I was 75.2 this morning

Have "family dinner" tonight with all my husband's family, its a once a month thing. My MIL can't cook to save herself, so no worries there LOL although it's our month to do dessert. Am making chocolate cake and cream if I have time after work today as I am HOPEFULLY also picking up our new (not brand new but new to us, I'm not spending 1/4 of my house's value on an actual NEW car, thank you very much!) car this afternoon if everything goes through. It needs a new cam belt soon so we're trying to get that done and if they won't then we will take our cheque elsewhere!

Anyway if I run out of time it'll be a cheesecake for dessert. Either way lots of dessert calories tonight he he he.

I'd love to say I'll be under 75 tomorrow but it might not happen! Maybe on Thursday morning instead ; )

Have a great day (night? ermmm) everyone!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Sassy, you can totally make 75! Just get a good workout in today, chug tons of water, and watch your portions at dinner & dessert. Have a wonderful time with your family and enjoy the new-to-you car (we just got one ourselves last month)

Did a very light run today. Walked 5, ran 5, walked 3, ran 5, walked 5, then hit the bike.

It's a beautiful day. Looking forward to spending time with Grace, running errands, just... something outside-sy!
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, all! Spring is in the air, you may not hear from me much, the outdoors is beckoning me, even if it is to just mow the lawn. I love the sunshine!

Took the kiddos skiing/snowboarding Friday night, and we all had so much fun, going to go again this Friday with hubby, he'll be off work, love getting outside and doing something active, hopefully I'll remember my camera this time.

Sassy, enjoy the family time, we had ours last night, dinner was pretty healthy, dessert was spice cake with no sugar added ice cream, not sure on the calories I consumed, but it tasted good.

Stacey, I'm with you on the 4 days of exercise, I am pretty much there, I would like to be a solid 6 days of exercise with one day of rest, but we'll see. Good luck.

Trish your doing so good on the weight loss and running, kuddos! Keep up the great job, if I'm not too tired of mowing today, I may try and jog 1 mile, we'll see, usually mowing wipes me out.

Well headed outdoors with 2 little one's that refuse to take naps today, have a wonderful day!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    workout--check
    5 glasses water-check

sassy--glad to hear from you again. enjoy your family time tonight. cheesecake wd be impossible for me--it's my fave! but remember--you're there for the ppl not the food. :)

dolphin--that's awesome that you've been able to get out and DO so much. your kids have a great example!
  • sassydot
    sassydot Posts: 141
    Options
    Yup, I might steal my daughter's jump rope for a while while my cake is baking this afternoon :happy: All she uses it for is tying her brother up (gotta get the kid into Scouts or something so she can at least learn ho to tie PROPER knots we can undo rather than birds' nests we have to cut through to release our dining chairs from each other) so she won't mind I'm sure :wink:
  • curliegirl
    curliegirl Posts: 191
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is off to a great start on their week!

Dolphin--Keeping active with kids isn't hard is it? You are a great example for them!
    Trish--WAY TO GO! You will be at 200 before you know it!
    Sassy--HA LOL--my kids tie things up like that too. I just hide the ropes, strings etc--sometimes it works.
    Stacey--YES! You're back in business. Sometimes you just need a serious break to get life back on track. :)
    Amy--Way to go on the Shred--everyday gets a little bit better

Well AF is here and I just told her to go away. :) Not happening unfortunately. However I didn't let it stop me from walking--put in a bit of an easier workout but we are going roller skating tonight so actually I am working out twice. Did you know skating is a great workout? Weird huh?

Eating good today & doing the water thing. Not enough yet so. . . off I go to grab another glass.

Kim
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    I don't think skating is a weird great workout at all. You're using every muscle in your body between balance & propelling yourself forward. Of course it's a great workout!

After Grace got up from her nap, I took her to the park. She went down the giant slide all by herself... TWICE. I was floored. I didn't have the guts to do that till I was, like, 4 years old. Here's my fearless little 20 month old climbing this 20 foot staircase to go down a slide (on her belly no less) all by herself. I am grateful she doesn't try these daredevil things at home! I am just on the ground staring up at her, trying not to let my jaw get scratched from dragging on the ground.
    I also found a use for the ends of our bread loaves... DUCKS! It's spring and mating season so the pond at the park is swamped with ducks. They were fighting, and noisy, and getting their freak on. I showed Grace how to feed them the bread. IT WAS AWESOME!
    Afterwards we went to the store. I forgot to buy the one thing I actually went for... MORE BREAD! LOL. Y'think I'd remember after feeding the last few slices to ducks.

Raviolis for dinner. Andy will paint bathroom. I will go back to store for bread, and put some gas in Dave.
    I'm actually doing laundry. Maybe I will clean living room, too. Company coming over Wednesday. Need to start making the house look less chaotic.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    congrats Trish!!!! 40#s is amazing :) I need to look into the system six, is it just a multivitamin?

Amy ~ You are rockin it with the 30 DS!! Keep it up!

Nicole, so sorry about the weight fluctuations! I have no idea what to tell you, all Iknow is that it sucks and I hope that it goes away, like NOW!

Skating is an awesome workout! I really want to get out there and rollerblade, it's awesome for those thighs!

So here's the latest on the possible UK move...We have orders to go to Mildenhall AFB with a RNLTD of January31st. But if my hubby gets accepted to the AFIT school in OH, those orders will be voided and we will go there instead! Win-win either way :) We will know for sure in April! I can't wait to find out what our future holds and start planning to get out of this awful place!!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Katie, two words: LONDON MARATHON!
    That is all.

So hubby just snagged me to show me the sparkling cider color on the wall. LOVE IT! It's going to look amazing with the white trim. Somehow our bathroom not only got bigger but more personality!

Okay, I just took one of the tiles in there and put it on the floor next to one of the newly painted walls. The color on the wall matches the middle tone of the tile. SQUEEEEE!! We got satin knickle hardware that matches the softer tones in it, too. It's lookin' great!

So just counting the minutes until the mighty Fu goes to bed, and I can go to store.

System Six is a metabolism booster, and mood stabilizer. It also has some other nutrients in it. You take 6 a day. :)

EDIT: We have decided to paint the ceiling the white trim color and do the bars the cider color. It's kinda fun! Leaving it mostly white really helps keep our bathroom "open"
  • curliegirl
    curliegirl Posts: 191
    Options
    Okay Okay I humbly retract the "weird" comment. I LOVE skating. I guess I just never really thought it was that much of a work out cause I like it so much. Was I ever wrong--I wore my HRM tonight & burned 522 calories in just over an hour of skating. YIPEE--I love it. With the 300 I did early on the TM that is over 800--yes take that plateau. ;)

And now since my legs are no longer speaking to me I am going to bed.

Kim
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Trish - I can't wait to see pics of your bathroom! And yay Grace! I wasn't going up the high slides at her age either!

Kim - Great job on burning calories! I didn't know skating burned that many either. I may need to see about taking the family skating sometime. :smile:

Well, I am over my cals by 326 today, and I broke down and had a snack tonight even though I was already over my cals. But I am seeing great improvement. My snack tonight was a small bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats w/ skim milk instead of cheese or peanut butter & crackers. I also drank 9 cups of water, walked to pick up the kids from school, and am now on day 5 of Shred. I even went a little further today! :bigsmile: Without being as winded afterwards! :bigsmile: And surprised myself because I actually looked at the tv at the right moment to notice that I have actually have been finishing circuit 1 and have been part way into circuit 2! :bigsmile: I've been stopping after the 1st part of cardio in circuit 1 and just walking around the living room until the abs section because I'm just too out of shape, but I even got a little further with that today too! :bigsmile:

Have a great night! I'm off to bed. :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Hey hey there everybody! I made it under my calories...just barely. Not going to tomorrow though! My hubby and I are going to the melting pot for our sixth anniversary! :) I'm not holding back...I figure to celebrate six years of marriage I get to splurge. :P But I'll try to run most of it off tomorrow night. :P

Trish - WOO HOO on making it to 207!!!!! That is awesomely fantastic! Keep up the great work!

Sassy - I totally agree about your car comment. We like to buy them slightly used and that way they have lots of miles left but at a fraction of the price. :P We're hoping to get a new to us mini-van soon here. With 2 kiddos (and hoping to try for a third soon) we figure we probably should have a little extra seating. :)

Have a great week all!

Valerie
  • KristinKeogh
    Options
    Hello! My name is Kristin and I'm trying to lose baby weight!

I have a 20 month old named Logan (July 14! I saw another July 08 baby on here yay!) who I currently stay home with. I graduated school in November and am actively searching for work but until then I finally get time with the little guy. My husband and I live with his parents in their basement (lol) until I find a job and we can buy a house. We live on an island that is only accesible by ferry so I don't get out much anymore. We moved here in December and it has been a shock. I'm only 22 and had been going to school 40 hours a week and then working nights 25 hours a week too. Now I do nothing but take care of the baby lol.

We just got Wii Fit and it's really starting to motivate me to lose these last 30 pounds of baby weight. We are going to Florida in June and I don't want to be embarrassed in a bathing suit! Plus I want to be down to pre-pregnancy weight for awhile before we try for another kiddo. Luckily that's at least a year from now.

I guess that's about it. I loosely follow the South Beach diet and it's really changed the way I eat. No more fast food (it helps that there is nothing on this island, only a general store and a restaurant!) and I'm making 90% of our food from scratch. No Starbucks everyday either!

I'm excited to join this with you, so hi!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Hi, Kristin! Logan sure is a cutie. My 20 month daredevil (July 9) is Grace. I just lost my baby weight, and the first 20 of it was thanks to Wii Fit Plus! If you can get to expert level on the rhythm boxing, it sure is a good workout. The free run and rhythm boxing are awesome together.

So the last few mornings, hub's alarm clock has been waking me up and I struggle to get back to sleep. This morning I got up to see how the color in the bathroom had dried. I also started throwing tiles on the floor just to see what it would look like. I think a diamond pattern would be nice, but Andy is being all whiney about cutting them. *Sigh* BOYS.
    I just found a DIY article that says laying them diagonally helps make the bathroom look bigger. I sent it to him. Maybe he will budge on the subject and suck it up.
    Things that make a small bathroom seem larger:
    Light colored paint (check)
    Vertical lines (painting white trim to make vertical lines against pale gold paint. check!)
    light colored tile (check)
    diagonal tiling (*pokes husband with stick*)

Guess I will try to go back to bed now. It's therapy day. I get my walk around the mall!