SAHM 3/15 - 3/21

Options

Replies

• dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Good morning, we are on tap for a beautiful 65º weather today, YEAH! Yesterday I mowed the lawn and had to use the push mower, because the rider is ancient and I couldn't get it started, I burned over 500 calories but was so pooped, came inside took a bath, made dinner then relaxed.

Trish, I'll post a pic in my profile of our bathroom on our tile job, we went with a pattern, wanted to be creative to see what we could do, and we love it, we did a pattern in the main part of the pattern, then where the toilet and the closet is, a different more plain looking pattern, tell your hubby not to be scared of cutting those tiles, but do buy a good tile saw, we bought the cheapest one and burned it up. Have fun laying that tile, we had lots of fun.

Welcome Kristin, I wish you luck on your journey, you will love coming here everyday to read about all of us and for advice.

Val I see that you make it just under your calories almost everyday, your my inspiration, I've been really trying to this, I think this is why I hit a plateau, because for so long, I have "Just been over my calories", well you can't lose weight that way, so I enjoy seeing your completed diary entry "val completed her food diary and was under her goal" that's awesome!

Amy I think your doing a great job on working out, we have to take it slow and work our way up, keep up the good work, I'm glad you found a video you enjoy.

Kim, I spend all my time with my kids, being a SAHM so going out and being active with them, I LOVE to do. We are so outdoorsy people, that being cooped up all winter is not fun for us, so we are glad we live near enough to a ski resort to enjoy that, and getting the kids involved, and seeing them enjoy it is worth paying all that money for lift tickets and rentals.

Hope everyone has a wonderful today!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Gm ladies!

Kim- Are your legs talking to you today???:laugh:

Trish- I hope hubs will set the tile diagonally, it does look great when it is done like that!

Hello Kristin!

Amy- excellent on the snack choice and on the shred!

Val- enjoy your anniversary! You deserve it!:flowerforyou:

Dolphin- I did alot of push mowing on sun, I kept staring at the other parts of the property that need mowed...but I wasn't able to do it yesterday. It was 70 degrees here yest. YAY!!!!

I have a run scheduled today...and I didn't step on the scale this morning!:happy:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Yay, Nicole! You can blow raspberries at that scale all week! Have a great run. Tomorrow is my run day. Today is just walk 1.5 miles around mall and look at cute clothes in the windows.

Dophin, we got the peel & stick linoleum type tiles, so I think he's just using a regular blade to cut them. I think that's why he's whiney. He's got to cut them all by hand.

Time for breakfast!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Trish ~ LOL I didn't even think of that...how amazing would it be to do that?!?! So excited to see your completed bathroom. My hubby won't let us do diamond pattern either

Kim ~ Awesome!! I wanna go rollerblading tonight now! :)

Valerie ~ Have a wonderful dinner! I would love to go to a Melting Pot one day...sounds soooo yummy!

Kristin ~ Welcome to the board! My oldest was born on July 14th 06, and Carter was a June 9th baby the same year as yours. Good luck losing the weight and finding a job! What did you get a degree in?

Nicole ~ Have fun on your run! Great job staying off the scale!

Tried to go to a class this morning, but apparently the canceled due to Spring break...boo! Went to the gym and did some circuit training for 30 minutes. Maybe when the hubbs gets home from work we can go to the duck pond, Alex can ride his bike, I can rollerblade and hubby can push Carter in the jogger :) It's supposed to be nice out this afternoon so I think we'll play in the backyard now that we finally got it all cleaned up from the ice storm over a month ago! LOL
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Whoo hoo!! Starting to see some progress! I weighed in at 156.5 this morning! It's less than a pound, but it's the 1st time in many months that I've been able to record a weight loss 2 weeks in a row! :bigsmile: And it might have been a bigger loss if it hadn't been for all the sodium in the pizza I had last night. That was MUCH worse than the calories!

Welcome Kristin! :flowerforyou:

Trish - I like the diamond pattern idea. It must make a room look larger. We did our living room tile in a diamond pattern and were thinking that the room looked bigger after we put the tile in. Now I know why! :laugh:

Val - Happy Anniversary!!!! Enjoy the Melting Pot! I love that place. We've been twice. Once when my brother & SIL gave us a gift card for Christmas (with instructions to go only when we could double the amt on the card) and once for our 9th Anniversary celebration.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    katie--my friend is coming back stateside from England. i'm not sure what part tho. I understand there's more than one base. She really didn't like it at first--but seems to have settled into it--just in time to come "home." They'll be going to Florida, I believe. Anyway, sounds like you'll be happy either way--good attitude!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    ladies--lots to read and congratulate.
    so let me just say--YOU ALL ARE AWESOME!! so many successes--i'm so proud to be associated with y'all. dolphin--nice pic of you and the whole family. and the tile does look very pretty in your bathrm. amy--you're doin' it! your plan of doing one part of the journey at a time is really paying off.
    trish--your project is moving along so quickly. excited to see the final project!
    kim--you make me want to rollerblade too! glad your exercise was more fun than work!

i drank lots of water yesterday and over cals by abt 200--i'll take it!
    gonna go to the park with boy this am b4 carpet cleaners get here (to remove said boy's red gatorade stain on playroom carpet!). while they're here i will do laun and clean 1 or more bathrooms. good use of time stuck at home.
    don't have much else planned out yet. except drink water and stick to 1400max if no exercise.

welcome kristin!
    edit: i knew i was forgetting something--happy anniversary val! enjoy your special dinner!
  • sassydot
    sassydot Posts: 141
    Options
    Hi Kirstin, welcome!

When I was pregnant with my daughter I was working 3 jobs at one point, then bam! home all day looking after this pink squeeking little thing (that I was really far too young to have!) it was a major shock to the system, I was back working part time when she was 10 days old I just couldn't handle it.
    Good luck finding a job :smile:

Val - brand new cars here are heinously expensive, we would have loved a brand new Mazda 6 wagon http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/New-Cars/Mazda/Mazda6/Wagon/MAZD10AV.htm, but $45K is just too, too much money when we bought this for $15K!, especially when in 3 years time it'll only be worth about the same!

Well I slept in this morning woops, so only had time to dance under some water for a few seconds (I don't think it had even heated up properly yet), throw on some clothes and go this morning and it was still 10 past 6 when i got to work cos I backed out of my garage and our drive is on a bit of a slope, and I sat there going, how the frick do I do a hill start in an automatic?! For the last 7 years I've only ever driven a manual shift!
    I left it in park and went and woke my husband up and apparently if I put it in drive and take my foot off the brake it won't roll back on that light slope. Well! LOL I am such a dunce.

Have a great day everyone! :blushing:

ETA: I tracked what I could of dinner last night, including the cake, and still had about 370cals left over to cover some potato chips and a glass of juice, and where I'd possibly undertracked on the meat (she grilled sausages and I didn't know what brand they were so just called it one of my usual ones I buy - close enough!) and bread I ate. So I think I probably came in OK over all.
  • KristinKeogh
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! I'm so excited to really buckle down and get this done! When I got pregnant I was 150 pounds and am currently plateaued at 161. As long as I get to 150 before June I will be happy although my overall goal is 132.

My degree is in Information Technology. I live in the Seattle area so there are always jobs but there are a lot of people looking for work so it could be awhile! Hopefully sometime soon because we want to get out of my in laws place and buy our own home. :)

I just blew a bunch of calories on waffles with peanut butter this morning, oops. Too bad because that's one of my fav meals! Oh well, tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip about the Wii Fit! I love the rhythm boxing. I've only got to advanced so far but hopefully soon I'll make it to expert!
  • adriennetara
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Tara, a SAHM to two little girls, (2 years) and (7 months). I have just joined MFP and i'm SO glad to find other SAHM's! This is wonderful! I'll do my best to keep up with this thread! Yay for change!!
  • katapple
    Options
    Stacey ~ That's how it always is no matter where you are stationed! I've only been to two bases so far, but both times it took me two years to find really good friends and really start to enjoy myself.

Kristin ~ I was wondering if you were in the PacNW! We were stationed in Spokane for 4.5 years and miss it sooo much! We plan on retiring out there when the hubbs is out of the military. I'm going to Spokane for a momcation in May and to run Bloomsday!

Welcome to the group Tara, these ladies are absolutely wonderful!
    Amy ~ So I just had to do it! Went rollerblading around the duck pond for 40 minutes before dinner, burned 425 calories and went 6.3 miles...all because of you! Thanks for the motivation, I forgot how much fun that was (and how good it burned those saddlebags, wohoo!)

As I stated above, got out and went rollerblading on top of my circuit training I did this morning and burned over 700 calories...which I will not be able to eat back all of them...oops! At least I ate 300 of them, right?
  • curliegirl
    curliegirl Posts: 191
    Options
    Amy—great job keeping at the exercise & making that scale move
    Nicole—scale? what scale? I don’t see a scale. Oh I was dying laughing when you asked about my legs—DD thought I had lost it—she so doesn’t get these internet friends I have! Oh and my legs weren’t even sore this morning—YEAH!
    Val—Happy Anniv!
    Stacey—great job on the calories—keep at it this week!
    Sassy—Funny about the automatic! I couldn’t drive a stick if I tried so we are even!
    Kristen & Adrienne—welcome!!! This is a great group to be in.
    Kat—Whhhoooo on the rollar blading—its is great isn’t it!
    Trish--did the floor get done? Our tile was diagonal too :) Seems to be a popular thing.

Well today was good. Got in the water & did bunches of errands. I am under my calories by a little bit. Biggest accomplishments today? I was starving even after a snack while out doing the errands & I managed not to go for the m&ms screaming at me "Eat me, take me home!" I said to DD13 I am not eating those m&ms & she laughed & stood between me and them. She said--nope you're not that is why we are buying the cheese sticks--can I have one too?" LOL

Then tonight while we played games & my guys(hubby & DS18) ate a bowl of cereal I calmly drank my hot tea & said out loud I am not hungry & this tea is great(they just laughed at me & knew I was lying). But hey I didn't eat anything. Time for bed though so I don't give in!

Tomorrow's goals-Water, Walk & WORK on that fool bathroom. Gotta get that thing done. :)

Kim
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Curlie, no, we're still painting. Andy has been masking off the trims all night. Will paint them tomorrow, and lay tile by Friday I think.

Sounds like y'all had fun today.
  • katapple
    Options
    Kim ~ Whoops! I knew I should have gone back to the posts to double check I had the right person, I totally meant you, not Amy!! Sory!
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Gm Ladies! My run went well yesterday. Today is a quiet day. It's supposed to be beautiful and 61 degrees today. YAY!

Welcome Tara!

I still have stepped on the scale!!!:drinker:

I need to drink more water. I drank 90 yesterday, but I need to get to 120 today!
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Good morning SAHM Sisters!

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I walked to pick up the kids, I did the Shred dvd & got through more of the cardio in circuit 1 than I had before (looking forward to the day I can do all of level 1), and I was within my cals! I was 2 cups short on water though.

Nicole - Glad your run we well!

Trish - Sounds like the bathroom is really coming along!

Kim - Great job last night! I have problems with my willpower. Especially if I see hubby eating something I enjoy.

Tara - Welcome!

Sassy - I can somewhat relate to the manual vs. automatic vehicles. Our car is an automatic, but our truck is a stick. I end up driving the truck most since it's not nearly as good on gas mileage. I have to stop sometimes and think before driving the car because I'm so used to just getting in the truck and driving. :laugh: It was really bad before we had kids. When we got married we had 2 cars and the current truck, all stick shifts. When we got rid of the 2 cars and got a newer car, we couldn't find another stick shift. That took some time getting used to the automatic again. I kept wanting to turn it off before putting it in park!
  • adriennetara
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Well, Day 1 of my journey started well! I did 38 minutes of "cardio" (Wii's Biggest Loser and Wii Fit Plus) and actually ended up 611 calories under, I know that isn't great, so I need to focus today on eating all my allotted calories for the day. I just ordered 30 Day Shred, have any of you tried it? Is it good? I hope all of you have a wonderful day with your little ones today!
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Amy- Keep at it with the shred, you are doing great!

Tara- I have the shred and use it still as great cross training for my running. Amy is going through the shred right now. It is a great workout!
  • sassydot
    sassydot Posts: 141
    Options
    Morning all!

All this talk of bathrooms makes we want to redo mine! Eventually I think we're going to move our upstairs bathroom into our huge waste of space wardrobe (its the size of a small single bedroom/office, and neither I nor my husband are very 'clothesy' people) and split the kids' room into two rooms with the old bathroom space as part of one new room. Unfortunately there's stairs between their room and our wardrobe so we can't do it the easy way!
    That won't be for a few years yet, it's gonna be hideously expensive even though my FIL is a builder and we can get pretty much everything at cost.
    The kids are just 5 and just 6 so we've got a wee while yet before they *need* to be split up.

Well its FREEZING here today! I think the nice weather is well and truely on the way out, I'm wearing actual shoes for the first time since about November! I do like it being a bit cooler, just have to drag out the warm clothes again and find my heater for my office. Going to have to be REALLY onto it from now on and bring my lunch so I don't end up buying snacks and nibbling all day on junk food because I'm cold.

Have been having trouble waking up in the morning lately, and I think I've noticed a link. This morning was awful, and last night we went to burger king for dinner (I was only 100cals over tho! woot!). Yesterday morning was hard going too, and the previous night was that chocolate cake.
    Does anyone else notice any sort of after effect of dinner like that?

ETA: haven't weighed yet so not sure if I'm under 75 yet!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Sassy, if it makes any difference, our bathroom remodel was kinda forced. Our toilet sprung a nasty leak and warped the floor. Someone had the bright idea of putting carpet in there before we moved in, and we yoinked it out to find tile underneath, sitting on top of another layer of really ugly 70s tile. So hub stripped it down to the subfloor only to find nasty mold. We treated that, primed the whole bathroom, and are now painting before laying laminate tile. Can't wait to have my bathroom back! Will probably break down and ask the neighbors if DD & I can mooch their shower soon. We are getting pretty grody here.

To answer your question about noticing a difference after eating certain things... Yes. Definitely, yes! If I eat crappy, I get really crappy workout results. When I eat smart, I'm strong and push through. It makes sense if you look at your body like a car and food as fuel. Are you gonna put cheap, petty fuel into your beautiful car or are you gonna take care of your car and give it the best stuff you can afford to? My bet is the latter.

Welcome, Tara! We have a great group of ladies here. We all push eachother and keep eachother going.