Replies

• ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    It's to help lose weight fast, and it's a military diet .

Seriously, stop pushing unhealthy, fad diets on people. Fast weight loss is unhealthy... fast weight loss will be mostly water... understand what is healthy before you mess up your body too much.
  • JSlater319
    JSlater319 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    0a0630752ccbe045d9fa7e2443f1ae04.jpeg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    Yeah..I don't see many people ,including myself actually doing this lol
  • TexanAngel79
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.

We don't do junk diets here.

But you're welcome to stay, log your food, and learn from a community of people who've found great success without fad diets that don't work.

^^^^^^this!!!!!
  • BluenoserChick
    BluenoserChick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    There should be a new category -- rather than have this in General Diet and Weight Loss Help -- we need a category for Fad Diets and Get Rich Quick Schemes.

Wrong place, wrong audience for this.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it would work like a charm. But that pattern is completely unsustainable in real life. If I had the self control to eat like a bird three days a week and like a "normal person" the other four, I wouldn't be on here in the first place. Day three at 8:00 p.m. you'd find me hiding in the bathtub with a package of Oreo Cookies, a glass of milk, and a huge smile on my face.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    304583_10152390110240697_229750506_n_zpsc2266559.jpg

I prefer a lifestyle change over a quick fix.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Diets don't work. That's why I am here.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    then 3 days later 9.75lbs of the weight comes back

Yup.
    Welcome to MFP.

We don't do junk diets here.

But you're welcome to stay, log your food, and learn from a community of people who've found great success without fad diets that don't work.

And also this^^
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    i can lose 10 lbs in one day after a night of chicken wings....12 busch lights and a giant bowl of beans.....i just sit down on the pot and let the weight drop
  • Razzy43
    Razzy43 Posts: 32
    Options
    10 lbs is equivalent to 35,000 calories burned, which is impossible to burn in 3 days, or even in a week or two, for lasting results. This is starving your body and losing water, which will all come back in two folds from the binge. Tips like this are what hurt people from getting results and focusing on a program that will give lasting healthy results.
  • Corkline
    Corkline Posts: 107
    Options
    It's to help lose weight fast, and it's a military diet .

In the military. Not a military diet.

The military's suggestions are here: http://phc.amedd.army.mil/topics/healthyliving/n/Pages/NutritionHealthTips.aspx

Not surprisingly, they recommend choosemyplate.gov and the USDA's Dietary guidelines for Americans. http://www.cnpp.usda.gov/DGAs2010-PolicyDocument.htm

Also, this diet is ridiculous.
  • everysn0wflake
    Options
    Your metabolism will be slowed down so much. With all your cravings from being in starvation mode, once you eat something, you'll keep on going and going.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Ice cream? Hot dogs? Saltines? Where are the vegetables?
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    why does your ticker say you have lost 0?
  • gbbhey
    gbbhey Posts: 188
    Options
    And on the 4th day, god gave me LULZ!
  • jnlynn
    jnlynn Posts: 101
    Options
    no thanks I don't believe in the "D" word. You should be able to eat what you want (in moderation).

But thanks for sharing.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    sounds good to me.
  • sujenwujen
    sujenwujen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This is a variation of a diet that our family doctor gave to my mom decades ago. My mom's variation calls for a cup of beets for dinner on two of the days, and caulifower for two of the days. Yes, it works, and yes, our family doctor recommended it...as a KICKSTART. Basically, it's a cleanse to help you focus on veggies more, but it's only meant to be used for 3 days at the START of your diet; it is NOT to be used as any type of maintenance program.

I remember trying it in high school once, and in college after I gained the Freshman 15. I couldn't keep it up for the full 3 days! I don't like the fact that it gives you very little to eat for breakfast, which is when I really need/want my calories. Yes, you get to eat a lot of food (CUPS of veggies!) for dinner, but by then I'm so hungry, I want a pizza! Plus, the diet calls for veggies that I tend to really, really, really hate (I refer to broccoli as blech-oli).

But anytime my mom wanted to drop a few pounds, she & my dad would do this diet, and then eat pretty healthily for a few weeks afterward. But it's not a magic pill. Just a kickstart.
This discussion has been closed.