Hot Dogs...

Options
d_Mode
d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
What are some of your favorite ways to eat a hot dog? Favorite toppings...etc.

Aside from a good old Chili Dog with Onions...I just like them plain...a little mustard, ketchup and relish or cheese and I'm good to go.

What are some of your favorite places to get a good hot dog?

Replies

• d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Crickets...
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Turkey dogs in a tortilla wrapped up with jalapenos, onions, peppers, and salsa, then smushed on a george foreman until crispy like a little hot dog panini :smile:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    After reading several recent articles in medical journals about the dangers of processed meats, I rarely eat hot dogs anymore. But my favorite way to eat them has always been beanie weenie (hot dogs cut up in baked beans).
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Back when I used to eat them, I prefer "Chicago style". If it couldn't be prepared that way, I would go with mustard and relish (never, ever use ketchup).

I haven't had one in over 20 years.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    My husband and I make Mexican hot dogs occasionally. That's a hot dog, wrapped in bacon and then grilled. Then you grill red and yellow peppers and onions in the bacon grease and finally grill the bun in the bacon grease/caramelized veg bits. You put the dog in the bun, top with the veggies, some salsa and grated cheese. This is EXTREMELY high in calories but oh so delicious if you can budget for it.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Turkey dogs in a tortilla wrapped up with jalapenos, onions, peppers, and salsa, then smushed on a george foreman until crispy like a little hot dog panini :smile:

oh my this sounds amazing!!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    double post, sry.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I leave it up to my boyfriend.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    not at all.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Chili cheese dog. Pure heaven on a bun. :)

Also wrapped in BACON!!!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    between my buns
  • NinjaJinja
    NinjaJinja Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Typically only with ketchup, but also with squash relish.
  • glbragg
    glbragg Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    A Nathan's Hotdog with chili, onion, ketchup, mustard and coleslaw on the top. The coleslaw really makes it. And if you have never had it put coleslaw on top of pepperoni pizza. It might not sound good but it is amazing.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I like them in sauerkraut. If I eat them at all.
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    97% fat-free Hebrew National are by far the best tasting reduced-fat hot dogs.

I like to wrap a couple in a low carb tortilla, spread 1/4-1/2 cup of canned chili (with or without beans) on top, add a little 2% cheese, and pop it in the toaster over. Satisfies my chili dog cravings. Alternatively, you can do the same thing with whole-wheat/no-sugar added hot dog buns for about the same calorie count.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Wrap the hot dog in a cheese slice, pat ground beef around that, wind a nice long piece of bacon around that and stick a toothpick in the ends to keep it there. Then grill it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Aside from a good old Chili Dog with Onions...I just like them plain...a little mustard, ketchup and relish or cheese and I'm good to go.

Please don't eat hot dogs if you care about your health

hot-dog-billboard_606.jpg
  • stina1980
    stina1980 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Topped with tomato, onion, relish, mustard & ketchup.
  • suzely0530
    suzely0530 Posts: 150 Member
    Options

My favorite way to eat them is to Not eat them ! I don't know what's in them :(
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I LOVE hot dogs. Just cheese, mustard and ketchup for me.

Although, I haven't had a whole hotdog for over a year. :( I just can't seem to justify it to myself. I always read nutritional labels and the one on hotdogs always puts me off.