LES MILLS

Does anyone follow any of the Les Mills DVDs? Reviews? Yay or nay?

Replies

• footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Yes I'm in love with Bodypump!

I also enjoy Bodycombat, CX Works and Flexibar Shape :)
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Haven't done the DVDs, but have taken the classes at the gym - Body Attack and Body Pump. Great classes! If the DVDs are aligned with the same routines/music as the classes, then I say go for it.
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    I just got Les Mills Combat, and love it! Can't say any results yet, but its really fun. The classes at the gyms are even better (or maybe that atmosphere is just better for me) but these are really good for home use. Very challenging and great music.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    I take a Body Pump class at the YMCA and love it. A friend of mine is currently doing the Combat dvd series.
  • emilypink573
    emilypink573 Posts: 133 Member
    I just ordered Pump and Im excited. Its expected to be delivered Saturday.
  • dsimmons107
    dsimmons107 Posts: 387 Member
    I am currently in my third week of Les Mills Combat. I am loving it. It is fantastic,
  • dirtybadgermtb
    dirtybadgermtb Posts: 140 Member
    There are Les Mills classes in the studio next door to our CrossFit gym. It looks cute when they play with those funny little barbells and their 1/4 depth squats.
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    I have graduated Pump and I'm on day 38 into Combat now..
    For cardio, Combat is the shizz!!! (And, I've done Insanity) Combat is just pure FUN to do..
    I'm currently working on a Pump/Combat hybrid calendar I'm going to use after I finish Combat..
    If I didn't love Les Mills programs, I sure wouldn't be thinking of doing that..
  • MommaRou56
    MommaRou56 Posts: 68 Member
    I've tried one or two classes at the gym, and they are a lot of fun. If the DVDs are anywhere near the same, I say go for it.
  • I am about to start the Combat DVD tonight so I will let you know. I got it because to me, it looks more fun and the music gets me pumped more in these than standard workout dvds. I don't know your starting what but for me, I am sure it will be hard as heck as I am def a plus size gal but I am determined!
  • Tbrown0717
    Tbrown0717 Posts: 2 Member
    I've been doing BodyPump at the YMCA for about a year and a half and am completely addicted. I haven't tried any of the at-home stuff though. I think half the fun is the instructors and class mates.
  • I only wish our YMCA did Les Mills classes!!! I live in Canada and the only club that can do the classes is Goodlife and my local one has no child care and I am new to the area I am in thus have no sitter! So for now, I get to use the at home one and hope for the best!
  • KarCrib
    KarCrib Posts: 39 Member
    Alright I ordererd the COMBAT! Looks like fun!!!
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Alright I ordererd the COMBAT! Looks like fun!!!

Where is the like button? :D
  • ingies2011
    ingies2011 Posts: 127 Member
    I go to a les mills here in new Zealand and really love their classes, I do body pump 3 times a week and body attack about 2-3 times a week depending on my roster. If you haven't got it at your gym request it, surely the more requests they have they may start to realise that it would be good for them.
  • Surely you need lots of equipment for Pump not just the DVD?

I heart Les Mills! Enjoy Combat
  • ingies2011
    Surely you need lots of equipment for Pump not just the DVD?

I heart Les Mills! Enjoy Combat

For pump you need a bar and some weights, not much else. As you get stronger you can buy more weights to put on the bar. To start with you need 2 of each of 2,5,10 pounds I think. If you buy the DVD set in the USA I think you get the weights set with it.
  • Can't get any of the Les Mills DVDs in the UK :-(
  • ingies2011
    Can't get any of the Les Mills DVDs in the UK :-(

I'm sure beach body will send them to the uk, before I started at he gym I enquired if they would send them to nz and they said they would.