LES MILLS

2»

Replies

• Can't get any of the Les Mills DVDs in the UK :-(

I'm sure beach body will send them to the uk, before I started at he gym I enquired if they would send them to nz and they said they would.

That's mad that you have to get them shipped to NZ! Les Mills is a former Kiwi Olympian!
  • ingies2011
    ingies2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Can't get any of the Les Mills DVDs in the UK :-(

I'm sure beach body will send them to the uk, before I started at he gym I enquired if they would send them to nz and they said they would.

That's mad that you have to get them shipped to NZ! Les Mills is a former Kiwi Olympian!

I wasn't looking at getting the les mills DVDs, they weren't out 2 years ago, but thought about getting turbo fire and/or Chalean extreme. I'm glad I didn't though and joined the gym instead.

However if you haven't got a gym nearby beach body have some very good workout programs.
  • Can't get any of the Les Mills DVDs in the UK :-(

I asked Beachbody if they would ship to Australia and they said they wouldn't because of the weights. They have a disclaimer that they won't ship weights overseas & it's listed in the terms on their site. Good thing in the end I decided that I prefer other types of exercise more.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    We have Les Mills classes at my gym.

I'm sure they are good. But I don't go because Im a horrible person who hates group fitness
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member

lol

On a real note I do the bodypump classes and I have seen a lot of strength gains and improvement in form since starting but it is what you get out of it. You have to make sure you're squatting, not bending and adding weight (no 2.5lbs ladies our purses weigh more than that)
  • robhigareda
    robhigareda Posts: 47 Member
    There are Les Mills classes in the studio next door to our CrossFit gym. It looks cute when they play with those funny little barbells and their 1/4 depth squats.

Oh you're one of those guys..

go to a BODYPUMP class...and then come back and tell us how easy it was for you to do with the proper amount of weight and correct form.
  • MileHighScott
    MileHighScott Posts: 35 Member
    I just finished week 4 of Les Mills Combat (beachbody version). I am doing it with P90x. I really enjoy the workouts. My core is getting ripped and my arms and shoulders are definitely getting more defined. It is lower impact than Insanity for those that have done/are doing that but I still feel as if I am getting a good burn. My biggest gripe is that I find the trainers - all of them - extremely annoying. They are hard to stomach on most days. Thankfully, I am at the point where I can mute the TV and play my own workout playlist. Other than that, I highly recommend it.
  • dirtybadgermtb
    dirtybadgermtb Posts: 140 Member
    There are Les Mills classes in the studio next door to our CrossFit gym. It looks cute when they play with those funny little barbells and their 1/4 depth squats.

Oh you're one of those guys..

go to a BODYPUMP class...and then come back and tell us how easy it was for you to do with the proper amount of weight and correct form.

One of those guys that wants the people to MPF to get in great shape and to hear about all available options to get there? Yeah, I guess I am.

Honestly, your comment doesn't make any sense. Would I walk into Body Pump with a barbell with rubber plates on it? No, why would I? I will admit that my comment was dig on Body Pump and not very constructive. Good for anyone willing to do something to bring positive change. But here are some facts about Body Pump which can be extrapolated to other similar fitness classes. These are not designed to get you into great shape. They are designed to keep you from getting out of shape and to keep you entertained. If you are a couch potato, you will make gains but they will plateau quickly. If you are weak, you will become less weak but not particularly strong. These classes are designed specifically for gyms because they are an efficient use of the resources of space, equipment and labor. Also, they are designed for limited liability because the weights are really light and the movements are easy. Showing someone how to do a proper depth squat with a barbell takes a well trained and attentive instructor and an athlete willing to listen and learn. That is right, Body Pump is designed for building the wealth of the investors, and any fitness gained from the people taking the classes are secondary to the actual goal. The truth is that Body Pump lacks sufficient weight, range of motion and intensity to stimulate adaptation to a moderate to high level of fitness.

I do think that you could use Body Pump as part of a well rounded fitness program that included a few days/week of heavy lifting and some other higher intensity workouts such as sprints but alone, it just isn't going to get you very far.
  • livitup85
    livitup85 Posts: 231 Member
    At my gym I go to the Les Mills Body Pump class as well as Body Attack.
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    I am currently doing Combat and love it....but I mix it up with my other activities (soccer, running, yoga)
  • robhigareda
    robhigareda Posts: 47 Member
    I will admit that my comment was dig on Body Pump and not very constructive.

That was your whole point. It was a dig on something you've never done. Until you've tried it, applied to a fitness regiment you really have no room to talk about what it can and can't do. The people of MFP can and will see gains in their health and their lean muscle mass if they incorporate PUMP into their workout.

I respect all types of physical activity right down to walking, because every little bit helps to make the change. I don't walk by a gym and giggle at someone doing something I've never done and insult that they look cute doing their little movements. It's just plain ignorant and insulting to those who do that for their health who might otherwise be on the couch doing nothing.
  • they are awesome! The beachbody is a home version and I am not familiar with it. I have the actual instructor dvds, several, that are exactly like the class at the gym. Just bought some weights. I had to get the dvds because when I moved to NYC, no BP. Can you believe it? Very strange. Highly recommend going to the gym and doing the classes or if you cant, having a few dvds on hand to do at home. Hard to get your hands on them, usually go for $120-$200 a piece, yikes! But I do have some, wink wink, lol! Good luck everyone!
  • PurePlaya2000
    PurePlaya2000 Posts: 11 Member

you FAIL...