Fat and happy?...or... skinny and starving?

Options
jr1985
jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
Would you rather...

always be 10lbs over your ideal weight. (still healthy, still look good, just a little more than you would like to be) And still be able to enjoy yourself on holidays, vacations, birthday parties, occasional cheat days, etc, while keeping track the rest of the time.

or...be at your ideal weight but NEVER allow yourself to go over on your calories, and working out for hours a day to make up for any high calorie/fat/ and sugar foods you allow yourself?

To each his own... but for me: FAT AND HAPPY ALL THE WAY! I feel like as long as I'm being healthy 80-90% of the time... I Love food! I want to enjoy it when I eat it, and not feel horrible about myself for eating things I really enjoy.

Thoughts

Replies

• thatfitgal
    Options
    In the words of King Curtis "I wanna be fat and happy"!
  • rockangel8907
    rockangel8907 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    "Fat" and happy. I refuse to ever deny myself of anything for the sake of being 'ideal'. Life is meant to be lived!
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Fat and happy all the way! I've been over 200lbs for most of my teenage/adult life, 10lbs over my goal weight will hardly kill me. c:
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    ^^^ this. I'm not a believer in starvation or deprivation
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    flaw of the excluded middle
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't know why starving would even be an option. I'm losing 1 Lb per week for the last few months and I've never been starving or felt I was depriving myself of anything. I did the holidays no problem and enjoyed myself...I went to town at my buddies b-day BBQ...no biggie and I didn't kill myself with cardio the next day at the gym. I allow myself to have a good time and once I'm at maintenance, it really shouldn't be too big a deal. Even when I'm not going to town, I eat very well...I just make overall better nutritional decisions 80-90% of the time and let myself have fun on occasions that are special...not every day needs to be a feast day and no day should be a famine day. It's called moderation and it's beneficial to an overall healthy lifestyle.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other. Whether intended or not, your post gives off the idea that there is only those 2 options you listed.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Seeing as right now I'm about 50 pounds over my ideal weight and 35 pounds over my "healthy weight range"... I wouldn't mind being 10 pounds overweight and still be able to enjoy myself...
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Happy and Diodelcibo.
  • gitana11
    gitana11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    fat and happy is what i have picked for yrs.... has not made me happy in the long run.... so i choose skinny and healthy!!! lol .. but definitly not starving .... only sometimes :)
  • ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    Such ignorance. ..why not fit and happy? This is lazy azz mentality...this is exactly what fat ppl tell themselves so they have an excuse to stay the same...good luck with that
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Only 3 pounds from my goal weight so I guess that makes me fit and satiated...
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    10 lbs isn't too bad at all. I'd LOVE to be 10 lbs over my ideal weight lol.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    How would ten pounds over your ideal weight be considered fat?
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    SKINNY AND TICKELED PINK!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I choose neither. I USED to be the latter. Now, I choose health.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be 10 lbs over my goal weight and still treat myself when I want. Starving Sucks!!! I hate being hungry!!
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    No contest, fat and happy....only as you describe it though.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    flaw of the excluded middle

I'm usually the type of person who would not have noticed that. But you are correct. I feel like I learned something. (Not being sarcastic. I miss the obvious things.)
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I choose neither. I USED to be the latter. Now, I choose health.
    yup, i want to be healthy and happy!