Help Craving Alcohol

Options
13»

Replies

• adaline59
    Options
    Try Campral, your doctor can prescribe it. It works in much the same way as Chantix works for smoking, to get rid of the cravings.
  • Breizier
    Breizier Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    OP, calling the fact that you wanted a drink and didn't have one (by means of severe distraction) doesn't really sound like a healthy relationship with alcohol at all. I know you said you aren't an alcoholic, but someone who can't drink casually OR choose not to have a drink if it isn't going to work with their day (for whatever reason - it doesn't fit your macros, your calories, you're at work, it's 7am... whatever!) needs to talk to a professional about their cravings.

Stopping drinking was an arbitrary decision post Christmas. Likewise the date when i will allow myself to have a drink again.

I usually crave chocolate far more eating it almost daily. I have put some dentist's kid through private school on the damage to my teeth.

I am looking at how having a drink will fit my macro, just not quite now.
  • Breizier
    Breizier Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Try Campral, your doctor can prescribe it. It works in much the same way as Chantix works for smoking, to get rid of the cravings.

Does it work on chocolate? I have been known to get out of bed to get in my car to go and buy chocolate. I can't be bothered to event go downstairs for booze even in the midst of bed craving - That's what hubby is for.