My doc suggested JUICING....Who does it?

Options

Replies

• Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I can't...gotta have solid foods lol
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    That's it, your doc said try juicing with no other guidance or direction? I think you need a new doc.

^ This.

I have a family history for migraines and I would get them and they'd last for 2-3 days. But I found that I get them less now that I've started eating better (no, not clean. Just not doing the 1200, eating processed/junk foods in moderation, and meeting my macros eating better..lol) and exercising regularly.
  • zorreena
    zorreena Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I love juicing! I try to have green lemonade (kale, lemon, apple or orange or fruit) everyday first thing instead of coffee. It gives the same energy burst as coffee, does wonders for my skin, gets my mind rolling and more. Sometime I switch it up for other vegetables and fruit. I use a lot of things I don't normally eat or can't eat in big quantities. During summer I use nettles and grow my own wheatgrass. You can check out books by Natalia Rose to read about benefits of raw food and juicing. I use an omega 8005 juicer and I get very little waste. I'm not a raw food oat but I try to make juice everyday.
  • ShoshanahM
    ShoshanahM Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Not to freak you out, but sometimes chronic headaches can be a sign of celiac disease/ gluten intolerance. If whatever you're doing now doesn't help, and all else fails, try going 100% gluten-free for 2 months and see how you feel. Good luck!
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Anyone have some good recipes or good websites for good tasting recipes?
  • curvykim78
    Options
    That's it, your doc said try juicing with no other guidance or direction? I think you need a new doc.

e suggested this to help kick my weight loss back into gear, along with watching the video on Netflix about weightloss and juicing. I forget the name right now...he also said the lady mentioned it made her headaches stop, which is why I'm going to the dr in the first place.
  • curvykim78
    Options
    Watch your grapefruit intake, it can effect your medication.

I don't eat grapefruits. :)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    If your physician is not a nutritionist or have any experience in nutrition then I wouldn't take their advice. :) I don't ask my dentist for gynecological advice.

This ^^^^, but I would change nutritionist to Registered Dietitian. Anyone can take a couple classes and call themselves a nutritionist.
  • curvykim78
    Options
    If your physician is not a nutritionist or have any experience in nutrition then I wouldn't take their advice. :) I don't ask my dentist for gynecological advice.

This ^^^^, but I would change nutritionist to Registered Dietitian. Anyone can take a couple classes and call themselves a nutritionist.

The first comment seriously made me lol...
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options

That is not true at all. Most states you must be registered by the state, and you have to have a bachelor or masters degree to get certified by state...
  • curvykim78
    Options

That is not true at all. Most states you must be registered by the state, and you have to have a bachelor or masters degree to get certified by state...

i wasn't trying to get specifics from him, he saw a movie on netflix and the juicing stopped the ladies headaches, that's why he said maybe I should try it, if i wanted to.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options

Correct, if you want to work for any sort of legitimate employer, but the title of "nutritionist" is not regulated in many states. My hippie-dippie herb loving mother in law claims to be a nutritionist. The Shakeology pushing PT at my old gym called himself a nutritionist too. He had only taken a couple of sports nutrition courses,

All dietitians are nutritionists, but not all nutritionists are dietitians. An RD must be a graduate of a properly accredited program, completed internships, passed exams, and continued education to use the title of Registered Dietitian.

I know who I'd rather consult for advice.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

Correct, if you want to work for any sort of legitimate employer, but the title of "nutritionist" is not regulated in many states. My hippie-dippie herb loving mother in law claims to be a nutritionist. The Shakeology pushing PT at my old gym called himself a nutritionist too. He had only taken a couple of sports nutrition courses,

All dietitians are nutritionists, but not all nutritionists are dietitians. An RD must be a graduate of a properly accredited program, completed internships, passed exams, and continued education to use the title of Registered Dietitian.

I know who I'd rather consult for advice.

Sorry, I meant RD. ;)

You guys knew what i meant!

If that is not your doctor's specialty and they have not received specific training in that field then i wouldn't be taking their advice. This is exactly why we have doctor's in say, family medicine, who tell patients its just fine to eat 800 calories a day to lose weight. Or prescribe phentermine when you have 5-10 pounds to lose. ;)

Or hey, like doctor OZ a cardiologist who claims to know every fat burning method in the book!
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    no SERM no cycle
  • erickita89
    erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in trying out some juicing.... but i dont have the money to spend on a juicer at the moment. For now i am just trying out Bolthouse farms smoothies which are pre-made all natural juices that are only sweetened with natural fruit. I drink one glass per day.

Green goodness is my favorite
    > http://www.bolthouse.com/product/greengoodness
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Check out "Fat, Sick and Almost Dead" on Netflix. Great documentary about a guy who had tremendous success with juicing fruits and veggies.
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I think jucing is a greaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ideaaaaaaaaaaaaa,!!!
    I mean You juice fresh organic veggies, Yummm,,
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I think juicing has it's merits, but for migraine control I don't get it
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Your doctor should be looking a lot farther into what is going on... have you had any testing for underlying illness or anything like that?

It can also be a symptom of a food allergy! Green apples and chocolate are great for headaches and migraines, from what I hear they help relieve the pain.
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    go to youtube and lookup John Pinnet and juicing - funny round happy guy will tell you all about juicing haha.