Options

Replies

• Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me :flowerforyou:
  • jgrode1984
    Options
    Try adding a small glass of grapefruit juice in the morning. It starts a fat burn, strangely enough.

I wouldn't worry about the weight that much. Just get out a measuring tape and measure at least your waist and hips. That's the true story. Take care. Jus keeping logging in.
    Where'd you hear about grapefruit juice starting a fat burn?

I've heard this before, but also heard that it is a myth.... Curious too! :)
  • tdemiter
    tdemiter Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for the encouragement and advice. I will be reading articles tomorrow morning. Thanks again!
  • tdemiter
    Options
    Thanks for the link!
  • tdemiter
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

You may very well be undereating based on your BMR/TDEE. Give that a good read. If you're following the number that MFP gave you, eat back the exercise calories.

Thanks for the link! And congrats on your weight loss! Awesome!!!
  • trickycoolj
    trickycoolj Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Try adding a small glass of grapefruit juice in the morning. It starts a fat burn, strangely enough.

I wouldn't worry about the weight that much. Just get out a measuring tape and measure at least your waist and hips. That's the true story. Take care. Jus keeping logging in.

Grapefruit can have adverse reactions with many prescription medications so please remind folks to double check any interactions when suggesting grapefruit juice.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

but also heard that it is a myth.
    then at least you heard the correct side of things.
  • tdemiter
    Options
    My suggestion is go get a tape measure. Sometimes you don't lose weight, you lose inches. If you are going to go by the scale alone then you are only setting yourself up for disappointment.

Last week I didn't lose any weight, I am working on losing 30 pounds. But I did lose a total of 3 inches. That is a huge improvement. You can not rely on the scale alone. You have to measure as well. Your body fluctuates too much to rely solely on the scale.

Yeah, I wish I would have measuredyself 30 days ago. Lol But I did last night.
  • trogalicious
    Options
    Thanks for the link! And congrats on your weight loss! Awesome!!!

any time, best of luck.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

The grapefruit diet was all the rage in the 80s!
  • trogalicious
    Options
    The grapefruit diet was all the rage in the 80s!
    Yeah, but a lot of folks powdered their noses back then too. IfyouknowwhatImean.
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You ONLY lost 6lbs in 30 days?!?! OMG! What a failure!!!!
    Seriously, that is great. There are many people that can't lose that in a couple months! Relax and be patient.
  • tdemiter
    Options
    You ONLY lost 6lbs in 30 days?!?! OMG! What a failure!!!!
    Seriously, that is great. There are many people that can't lose that in a couple months! Relax and be patient.

Well gosh, when you put it that way. Lol. I guess I want to drop the weight as quickly as I put it on. :-/
  • ambervaldez79
    Options
    You are definitely doing something right. I know how you feel about wanting to lose the weight asap. It sounds like you going on the right track with the improved lifestyle. How much would you like to lose in a month?
  • tdemiter
    Options
    @Amber. I would like to lose 20 pounds by the end of May (I'm attemding a wedding). And another 30 pounds by December because I'm getting married! That's about 5 pounds a month?
  • ambervaldez79
    Options
    Oh yeah. That seems doable!
  • ClaireTrev
    Options
    If you're exercising a lot more than before you might be building muscle at the same time as losing fat. Maybe go by measurements/how you look and feel rather than weight. I am at a weight I like, and am a pretty consistant eater - and my weight goes up and down like 4 pounds from one day to the next... weight is not as important as body composition and how your clothes are fitting! It sounds to me like you're making great progress :) Congratulations on your engagement!
  • sensitivegirl
    sensitivegirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You mentioned 30 days, your menstrual cycle can flux your weight quite a bit depending where you're at for the month. During a previous tenure with Weight Watchers I'd go through a week or two w/o losses during my period and then lose double following that! Remember weight loss isn't linear, it's going to fluctuate here and there a little bit up a little down or a lot down. If you put it all in excel and plotted the trendline it would be moving down provided you're doing things right. Hang in there (I know cliche I'm there too I know how you feel!)

I experience this mother nature phenomenon every month as well, glad to hear someone else notices this too. And I love the excel idea! (I'm a numbers nerd and I love seeing the progress line go down over time!)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I removed any time frame for my weight loss. I originally told myself I wanted to do it in a year. Now I don't care if a year goes by and I am still not to my goal. Its a lifetime plan and have now accepted that. But I have done pretty well so far and am satisfied with my progress in these 8 months.
  • tcompton70
    tcompton70 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Keep working towards your goal. It's not easy, but nothing worth having never is! Each day I look closer at my goals, and what I'm truely doing to achieve them and I try to come up with something each day to keep me actively participating in my goals. It helps me overcome time when I'm seeing the progress I think I should. I know others will post on calories and such, so I wanted to give you different angle.