Good morning from Canada!

Options
124»

Replies

• geographygeek1
    Options
    I'm from Mississauga, Ontario! I just joined a couple days ago - looking forward to a great journey!
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Mississauga here!!! Add me, always like to have fellow canadians on my firends list!
  • P90XBowler
    P90XBowler Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    From Ottawa, work in Ottawa but now live in another country, in Quebec :sick:
  • jensnewstart
    jensnewstart Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    From Winnipeg, feel free to add!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Manitoba here!
  • VasylP
    VasylP Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi, Bowmanville, Ontario here, home of the Bowmanville Zoo and the Canadian Tire Store with the most square footage in Canada (as of Fall 2012), no kidding! LOL
    So far I am liking the MFP app and the fact that I can use in free on my BlackBerry. Formerly I was using a standalone app called DietPower which is really good but has not evolved to a web or mobile app.
    It's great to see people on here from across Canada. I see lots of Albertans. I lived in Red Deer for 10 years in the past and I loved it.
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
    [/quote

Just to add something about apps. In December of 2010 I was trying to find something to help me motivate myself to exercise and came across Endomondo. I read a few reviews and downloaded the free version which also links up to their Web Interface. I used that for a while... all through the summer of 2011 to log my walking and swimming but hadn't come across MFP yet. Last year with the death of a close family friend and my elderly mother being executor of his estate, I was tied up for about 9 months settling that. Last fall I had to go to Germany on business and that is when I changed my complete lifestyle.. Everything starts from what you eat, if you are trying to loose weight and still eat a lot of processed foods you aren't going to have the same success as you would if you change your eating habits as well. Anyhow, I took that decision and recently joined MFP and discovered I could link Endomondo to it, so when I go for a walk and upload my walk it automagically tracks here.. There are a few other apps in the Apps section that do the same. They make your tracking of things a lot easier.

:wink:
  • VasylP
    VasylP Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Southern Ontario. Tillsonburg, to be exact. Returned from Florida on the weekend, so just starting seriously today. Wish me success!

Someone, said we are on this journey together and until you come to the realization that you really do have to take back your life, all those silly diets and exercise won't help.. It really is re-educating one self and changing one's lifestyle. I swam competitively at a national level until the time came to decide between education or swimming. I always had to work hard for my grades... When I stopped swimming thing bit by bit spiraled downward, but much more so when hit my 30s and had a desk job... Next to no true exercise and eating habits I had actually developed as a young athlete. When you are that age burning close to 6,000 calories a day no one ever really taught you how to eat really healthy.. And the Canada Food Guide helps nothing to educate the population.

If there is anyone out there who competed at a high level in any sport and has gone through what I have I would love to hear from you. I have a good friend who is a former Olympian who over time will establish some type of working relationship as he too has started his journey of re-educating oneself along with another Canadian Olympian who also had that problem.. I think that the tree of us see eye to eye on this topic and over the next couple of months I will be working on a project with a friend of mine who is a certified personal trainer to look at some important questions that everyone should know about and which sporting bodies globally should be addressing with their athletes particularly issues they will have to deal with when stopping a sport.
  • sherrydev
    sherrydev Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Canadians! Thunder Bay Ont. here. Feel free to add me!
  • ScratchMj
    ScratchMj Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello from BC!!! Living in the beautiful Okanagan!
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Your cat is in your sink! You silly northerners....
  • carbar90
    carbar90 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hello from Victoria, BC! Glad to see some fellow Canadians :)
  • quietmama
    Options
    Northern British Columbia here!!!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Beautiful British Columbia:). I'll be heading to Swift Current in June:)
  • ronja2
    ronja2 Posts: 36
    Options
    Vancouver :)
  • Ampedette
    Ampedette Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Canada's only border city!!
  • DMegL
    DMegL Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello
    I normally would say Ottawa area... but seeing that you lived in Renfrew you'll know where I am... Arnprior here
    Good luck on your journey.
    Feel free to add me. :)
  • sarahbelle5150
    sarahbelle5150 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I live in Brantford, ON! :)
  • Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Burlington Ontario :)