Does Anyone Else Stockpile Calories For Dinner??

Options

Replies

• dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I do. I am not even hungry in the morning, so I eat a small breakfast (300 cals). I do a late lunch (300 cals) and I have dinner as early as I can. It works for me.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I do, dont have time for much lunch during the day so usually just have a shake and I'm not a breakfast person so usually just coffee and a shake, Dinner is when I want to eat
  • jrowens3224
    jrowens3224 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do! I cook dinner for my family and they are most certainly NOT on a diet like me so keeping my calories low during the day helps insure that I can enjoy dinner with them instead of having to cook them a great meal and then watch them eat it as I prepare myself something less awesome.

This is for me too. Cooking for a picky three year old is hard enough. His favorites include spaghetti and quesadillas. So I try to keep my calories during the day lower so I can eat what I've cooked. I just try to pay attention to portion sizes, and not adding things like sour cream to my quesadillas or parmesan to my spaghetti.
  • Fffrick
    Fffrick Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    IMHO, bad idea for two reasons. First, you should eat consistently several times (5-6) per day - Small portions every 2-3 hrs.this way you stay neither full or hungry and are burning all that you need and you are not tempted to binge knowing that your next meal is just around the corner. Second, you are consuming a bunch of calories close to the time when you will need them the least (sleeping). If it works for you, great, but I would opt to not go feast or famine yo-yoing like that.
  • karenethurston
    karenethurston Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes! This is basically my MO. The reasoning for me is this: breakfast and lunch, I am eating solo during the day, but I cook dinner for my husband and kids, who do like to have some carbs :-) So if the fam is craving pasta it doesn't ruin my day. I am on a 1350 diet, and eat back exercise calories, so often I even have room for a modest sweet treat at night (Fiber One brownie, fruit and whipped cream, etc).
    Same here and for the very same reasons! :-)
  • annicins
    Options
    I spread my calories out pretty evenly during the day otherwise I get hungry. But I don't really think it matters what time of the day you eat what.
  • Liz12mae
    Liz12mae Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i tend to do this for sure... pretty much every day... lol
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    yup
  • tapdance66
    Options
    Not intentionally, but I pretty much eat the same (or similar) amounts during the day at work, so I find that I have most of my calories at night.
    Hasn't messed with my metabolism at all and helps me to get a good night's sleep with a fuller belly. :)
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I do this a lot...mostly by default. There are times when I plan for it though....like if I know i'm going to be eating out or know of something I want for dinner that I want to fit into my calorie goal...I hope nothing's wrong with it LOL
  • Copaiba
    Copaiba Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I do. I eat little stuff all day to keep the hunger at bay, and then I eat a big dinner and it's awesome.
    The irony of this poster's profile name? Hmmm?
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I very, very rarely eat breakfast *GASP*

I have a large lunch and dinner...and snackies when I want.

Some people will say it is "wrong" but I guess my 60+ pound loss tells them to stick it.
  • amalato
    Options
    I have found that I can't do that, if so, I will gorge myself at dinner time. The best way for me is that I make lunch my biggest meal of the day. It kind of does matter when you eat, unless you plan on working out really well before you eat all those calories. By working out before hand, you jump start your metabolism and it burns your calories better. Try not to work out after dinner, or all you will be burning off is dinner, not to mention the energy boost you get will have you bouncing off the walls all night. I hope this helps.
  • Candicejoy1988
    Candicejoy1988 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I eat a good breakfast, maybe a salad or fruit for lunch and a big dinner mainly because i cook supper for husband and it's a full sit down meal... but so far along with my exercise it has been working for me :)
  • anitarmcmanus
    anitarmcmanus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I absolutely do the same thing.
  • Copaiba
    Copaiba Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I do. I eat little stuff all day to keep the hunger at bay, and then I eat a big dinner and it's awesome.
    The irony of this poster's profile name? Hmmm?
    Her name is "SoDarnHungry"
  • alainacdean
    Options
    I am in a nutrition class right now and we just discussed this very topic. Basically, your metabolism adjusts to your timing. I am the same way....I'm not a big breakfast or lunch eater. So I'll have something small at both of those meals, an afternoon snack and then a bigger dinner.
  • Nike13
    Nike13 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I do that too, my husband cooks a lot and he doesn't really cook 'light'. I tried converting him to whole grain pasta but that so wasn't going to happen. Now I just eat lighter through the day with snacks+light lunch and have a smaller portion for dinner so it's not too bad.

Unless he cooks pasta...his pasta is my Achilles heel...
  • kendaQ
    kendaQ Posts: 14
    Options
    You are not alone! I eat a mini breakfast and lunch everyday and save at least 600 cal for dinner and after dinner snack. I am also consuming 1200 cal a day until I lose the weight.
    I may do a bagel and cream chesse for breakfast, Lunch a bowl of soup, and Dinner is the best meal of the day! Nothing wrong with this at all if it works for you.
  • CLD79
    CLD79 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I tried this yesterday and it didn't go so well. I ended up eating 2x my allowed calories for the day when the night was done. Guess who is heading to the gym today? :) MEEEE!!

I have realized I do best eating a moderate to heavy breakfast, then a small lunch (usually because I am still full from breakfast), then a moderate dinner with a snack thrown in somewhere.

When I save calories I end up looking like one of those zombies out for blood only with food. Seriously, I think I ate a half of a PAPA JOHN'S pizza by myself plus breadsticks. Not pretty. :)