I finally broke 200lbs!!!!

Options
In the summer of 2011, I was well on my way to winning my last battle with weight loss. I had managed to get from 230lbs down to 190lbs and was super motivated to continue my journey. Then in December of 2010 I fell ill. Between medication, not being able to exercise and depression, at the end January 2011, I was back to 215lbs. By November of 2011, I weighed 230lbs... again!

Barbados2011_1_zps4ec38c67.jpg

I had gone on vacation and seen a picture of myself and all I could do was cry. I decided then to make a change!

It was a struggle at first, and for much of 2012 I yo-yo'ed between 220lbs and 210lbs.

However after joining my fitness pal about 2 weeks ago, this morning I got on the scale and finally, I BROKE 200!!!!!!!

199.8!!!! :happy:
IMG-20121215-01160_zps2401f0f6.jpg

It's not my goal as I am 5'9" and would really like to get down to 150lbs but I am just so happy I had to share!

Good luck with your journeys MFP community!

Shai
xox

34431767.png

Replies

• RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Congrats... can't wait to join you!
  • Homeschoolingmommy
    Homeschoolingmommy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    AWSOME!!!! I know that feeling as well. I just recently broke 200 too!!! Never again will we have to say that again though ;) We can do this!!!!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic....well done!
  • spirit0f61
    spirit0f61 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well done! Great work indeed!
  • Shainat20
    Shainat20 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! :D

@RawTriGal... I never thought it would happen after the year I had in 2012, but it just goes to show that perseverance = success

@Homeschooling... Congrats!!! We can and we WILL do this!!! :)
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Excellent, well done. I can't wait for that day myself. It WILL happen, keep floating around 215-220 though at the moment :(
  • SaraBud
    SaraBud Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    congratulations- you have inspired me- I completely relate to your post and am looking forward to (very soon hopefully) breaking that milestone myself. Enjoy your day
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Congratulations !! You keep up the good work in you will be at goal in no time!! We all have set back but the difference is you got
    yourself up and started again and that's what makes a difference!! YOU'RE GONNA TO MAKE IT!!
  • tatertotfishstick
    tatertotfishstick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    welcome to the 100's!!! Congrats.
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    That's great! I'm looking forward to that day too!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Congratulations!! Let's keep the "negativity" going girl~! lol Only in weight loss is a negative a positive. Gotta love it~!

Fantastic achievement!! Congrats again
  • pattydo
    pattydo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations proud for you, I can't wait to get ot that part of my journey, it will be a while yet but I know I can make thanks to people like you that keep the positive stories coming. :smile:
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Congrats- keep it up :)
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!

I will be joining you very soon :)

Great job getting into onederland!
  • TheKidd2013
    TheKidd2013 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thats great!!! Congrats!
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!

That is one of my next goals...ONEderland!!!!!
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I did too recently! Keep up the great work!
  • chocolate_barbell
    chocolate_barbell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! Well done!!! :) I cried when I was under 200lbs! :D
  • reneewill
    reneewill Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Keep at it and you will hit your ultimate goal! I'll bet your feeling healthier already, with more energy and clothes fitting better! Good For You!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!