How do you feel about V8?

Options
I have a juicer at home, and I'm wanting to drink more juice, maybe do a cleanse. However, I love V8 Fruit Fusion. Can't stand the tomato kind, but love the fruit. What do you think -- is v8 also healthy to drink for the majority of the day?

Replies

• kumanekochan
    kumanekochan Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Heyo! there's a lot of wonderful veggie juices out there that ISN'T tomato based. I tried commenting earlier on the sick fat and nearly dead comment on your wall. I have played around with them, but I personally also love the v-fusion juice/veggie drinks.

Personally, I've done spinach/kale/apple based from them and like it. It tastes like very fresh but it turns on you after a while before you get used to it.

http://myjuicecleanse.com/juicer-recipes/mean-green-juice-recipes/ here's some more.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Most canned juices are really high in sodium not to mention a lot of calories for a little nutrition.
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    Be careful of the sugar content.
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    My husband love V8. I'm not sure why there is lots of sodium (Even in the low sodium) plus it just makes me not feel so great.
  • kumanekochan
    kumanekochan Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I tend to agree with them, buying things tend to have lots of sugar/sodium/chemicals in it. I just like doing fresh from home for the most part if i can and have the energy to
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I would never do the juice cleanse, but I do love original V8, it's delicious. I buy the low sodium mini cans, only 35 calories and counts as a serving of vegetables. Also, throw a little vodka in there and you've got a party.
  • skoblinka
    Options
    You can never go wrong with something that you make yourself, so fresh homemade juice is alway preferable! The v8 can be a quick fix if you are looking for a healthier snack or to supplement a couple of fruit/veggie servings you're missing a day.... However, be careful with sodium and sugar in those!
  • crazyola26
    crazyola26 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling like I have a lot of "junk" in my body and I want to kind of flush it out... I know obviously water is great, and I love drinking water and loads of it (although for the past couple of weeks I've been hardly drinking any). Just trying to figure out what is the healthiest route for getting the sludge out of my body. :)
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I like them, and once in a while it is fine. Especially if you are in a really big hurry. Probably better than soda or something, but not by as much as you would think. Especially ones with a lot of fruit, because that will end up being a lot of sugar.

If you are going to drink a lot of it, avoid it as much as you can. Store bought juices (even those marked "no added sugar" are way higher in sugar and/or salt where applicable. They concentrate them far more than they are naturally. Plus a lot of that cooking kills some of the goodness in it.

Once you try fresh juices, you are shocked at how much less sweet and concentrated it is. Night and day difference. I think if someone really wants the health benefits of some juice, it is far better to use the fresh stuff. You can save some money by buying frozen frutis and veggies too. Those juice up just as well.

And for veggie juices, instead of tomato....try basing with cucumber. Very mild. You can also base it with carrot. Top off with a tad of fresh ginger....yummy! Very nice and refreshing.

I need to pull my juicer out today. I am fighting a bug and that is when I usually juice. Makes for wonderful medicine and it truly helps me to feel better.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Goes great with a corona and lime!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling like I have a lot of "junk" in my body and I want to kind of flush it out... I know obviously water is great, and I love drinking water and loads of it (although for the past couple of weeks I've been hardly drinking any). Just trying to figure out what is the healthiest route for getting the sludge out of my body. :)

There's no sludge in your body that needs flushed out. Your body is a wonderful machine that is very good at keep itself clean without any help from us but eating nutritious food and staying hydrated.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I would never do the juice cleanse, but I do love original V8, it's delicious. I buy the low sodium mini cans, only 35 calories and counts as a serving of vegetables. Also, throw a little vodka in there and you've got a party.

Great minds think alike. LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

There's no sludge in your body that needs flushed out. Your body is a wonderful machine that is very good at keep itself clean without any help from us but eating nutritious food and staying hydrated.

Thank you. Geez! I get so tired of the body cleansing stuff it's such total BS. That's what the bodies entire function is. Lol.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Not healthy since it's processed
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    Do not like it at all. I stay away from pretty much all juices.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Way better than four cylinders and v6 but lacking horsepower when ccompared to say v10 or v12.
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I love V8 Low Sodium
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    V8 fusion has less sugar than most fruit juices, but it is still a *lot* of sugar.

Otherwise, I would totally have that for break at every morning!
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I love regular V8 and drink it a lot. It is also my go to drink after a basketball or football game. It's the best thing I've found to keep you from cramping up later that evening (yes, even better than bananas :P).
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Read the ingredients on the label. I know that V8 has a lot of different, but most of the fusion have added sugar (often in the form of High Fructose Corn Syrup :noway:. You'll be much better off with something that is 100% juice.

(note, it's not the overall grams of sugar I worry about, so much as whether there is added sugar - ie, something that doesn't come naturally from the fruit. Usually those will have more sugar content anyway)