Asparagus lovers?

Options

Replies

• MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I like to wrap it in foil, drizzle some EVOO over it, add some salt/pepper and bake it. Then sprinkle some Fat Free Feta cheese over it. :love:
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    LOVE Asparagus! Can't wait til I have a deep freeze and can buy in bulk.

I like to saute some garlic in olive oil then coat the spears, wrap a couple in Proscuitto, sprinkle with a little feta cheese and bake in the oven.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I griddle it, then serve with a splash of soy and a sprinkling of fresh chilli and spring onion!

Whoa. I think I'm stopping by the store on the way home. Chili as in powder, or pepper?
  • MarlaStuck
    MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sauteed in olive oil with salt, pepper, and garlic. Then add some grated parmesan/asiago/romano/whatever cheese.
    Occasionally just grilled, but the above is my favorite.

Yum.
    This is my favorite, I use Jarlsberg cheese and a smidgen of crushed protein croutons on top after a slight time in the oven.
  • kmmcquay
    kmmcquay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    grill it, roast it, steam it - I LOVE asparagus no matter what. I love it with a bit of olive oil, garlic and peppercorn on it.. yeeeum.
  • F1uffy123
    F1uffy123 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Mmm grilled with poached egg! My favourite!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I drizzle a little olive oil, and sprinkle garlic, coarse sea salt, and pepper. I then grill until tender.

MMMM Now, I am hungry.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Broiled or grilled with a light spray of olive oil, a pinch of salt and garlic powder. Sometimes I skip the garlic. Either way, YUM.
  • ammadove
    ammadove Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it raw, cut up in my salad with italian dressing.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Roast it in the oven with a bit of either crushed garlic or olive tapenade.
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I usually do mine on a baking sheet in the over with a quick spray of PAM and whichever seasoning I'm up for that night.. I like veggie and Cajun shake - Or I'll grill them on the Traeger.
  • mommyrocks5
    mommyrocks5 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love asparagus, and would love to hear how everyone likes to eat it! I'm always looking for new ways to make veggies even more delicious.

When I was younger it was often a side dish, though it was usually asparagus and cream. Not particularly healthy but still delicious. Now I eat it straight up, but I'm looking for ways to convert friends to the awesomeness of this lovely green veggie.

How do you eat asparagus?

I loooove to roast it in a pan with a little olive oil, low sodium soy sauce, and toasted sesasme seeds, then when cooked just sligtly over al denti take out put in a dish add remaining soy sauce and sesame seeds and chill for about a hr before eating! Soooo Yummy!
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I love asparagus, and would love to hear how everyone likes to eat it! I'm always looking for new ways to make veggies even more delicious.

When I was younger it was often a side dish, though it was usually asparagus and cream. Not particularly healthy but still delicious. Now I eat it straight up, but I'm looking for ways to convert friends to the awesomeness of this lovely green veggie.

How do you eat asparagus?

I Love asparagus, I just stir fry in a little extra virgin olive oil, maybe some garlic and Mrs. dash which is salt free and contains 14 herbs and spices. I sure hope they have some at the store today. I just made myself hungry ;)
  • JeffTCole
    JeffTCole Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Asparagus is one of my favorites. All of these recipes sound great.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm a little obsessed with eating my asparagus like this:

Oven roasted on a sheet covered with parchment paper, drizzled with olive oil and minced garlic.

When cooked (8-10 min at 350), top with balsamic vinegar and crumbled feta.

So simple and SO good.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I just lay it out in a glass making dish and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and soy sauce and bake. I'm a little more liberal with the soy sauce, use the balsamic sparingly. (Bake 10 mins or so) It gives it almost a meaty flavor. Pairs awesomely with a nice steak.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Asparagus is a natural detoxer

I can smell the toxins leaving my body when I urinate after eating them

Rofl, is that what that smell is? :wink:
  • C_Stretton
    C_Stretton Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Grilled with olive oil, garlic, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Just before serving, add a half-lemon's worth of juice. Works in a pan and oven just as well.
  • holmes33
    Options
    Just this morning I did a quick sautee of two small-chopped asparagus spears, along with five quartered cherry tomatoes, in a little olive oil. Once the tomatoes had lost a lot of their liquid and softened, I scrambled in two eggs, and added some curry powder, salt and pepper, and finished cooking to a nice, soft-scramble. I ate along with one satsuma tangerine for a really tasty, nutritious and hot 264 calorie breakfast on a chilly, rainy morning. Tasty!
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I like to oven roast it with olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice and pepper.