Miracle Whip or Mayo?

Options

Replies

• Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    My dad is allergic to eggs so I grew up on the Hwip. I can't say I thoroughly enjoy it, but tuna salad just doesn't taste quite right to me if it's made with mayo. Actually, tuna salad doesn't taste right to me at all unless it's my dad's recipe. I suppose that's a weird thing to be picky about. :frown:
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I almost never eat mayo these days but back in the day it was the dressing to my everything.
    miracle whip isnt for this southern girl...
    so if i had to choose...
    damn skippy it's gonna be mayo - and probably gonna be Duke's or Hellman's.
  • Clarissa11s
    Clarissa11s Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Low fat Helmans is really good (I have found). Try that. I too do not like Miracle whip.
    That was going to be my next approach, thanks!
  • Clarissa11s
    Options
    lol Thanks for everyone's input about this subject. I had no intentions of offending anyone....lol I had no idea it would take such a turn. I just wanted to know how to get rid of a product I didn't like without wasting it.

That being said, I am also enthused to see that many people feel the way I do. ( I was pretty upset when i bit into my Miracle whipped sandwich lol)

Love you ALL! Keep up the good work my fellow weight losers!
  • Clarissa11s
    Options
    I almost never eat mayo these days but back in the day it was the dressing to my everything.
    miracle whip isnt for this southern girl...
    so if i had to choose...
    damn skippy it's gonna be mayo - and probably gonna be Duke's or Hellman's.

Love it!
  • Clarissa11s
    Options
    Enzymes in miracle whip will digest dead skin. I read it in a magazine in the 90s. I'm slightly embarrassed to say I've tried it. It works. The last time I used it was ages ago, so I don't remember how long you leave it on (maybe 10-15), but dead skin will roll off afterward. It's gag-worthy, but there it is.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
  • Clarissa11s
    Options
    This thread has been so much fun I had to go back to see what the question really was.....So, I would take the Miracle Whip back the store and tell them it doesn't taste right...which it doesn't because IT"S MIRACLE WHIP ..retch....thy will take it back because they for sure aren't going to taste it!!!
    No receipt?...Save it for a Yankee Swap??

LMBO!!!!
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    45025.jpg
  • hdatres
    hdatres Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Good old-fashioned mayonnaise for me
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Awww this thread is full of little empty squares where my friends used to be.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Gotta have the Miracle Whip, especially in tuna/chicken salad. Regular mayo has no flavor and has the consistency of congealed lard with all of the fatty flavoring.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Miracle whip is gross....mayo all the way.
  • synchkat
    Options
    Hellman's is the only kind I use.
  • synchkat
    Options
    We don't have all those types. Haha Canada is mayo deficient
  • synchkat
    Options
    ejinvt wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »
    We don't have all those types. Haha Canada is mayo deficient

I forget, sometimes. I always imagine you speaking with an Australian accent...lol.

Nope I talk Canadian.

So did anyone read through this thread...there was a fight on page two about this...I'm hoping it was staged or else people were weird back then
  • synchkat
    Options
    I choose to think it was a real fight. I mean discrimination is real....now I feel bad choosing mayo
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    That's like saying Ketchup or Mustard. Miracle Whip is not a substitute for mayo; it's an entirely different condiment.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I love that tangy zip of Miracle Whip! Was a big mayo girl until I got a jar of MW. I'm happy with either, as long as it isn't "light" - just doesn't do it for me.
  • synchkat
    Options
    ejinvt wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »
    I choose to think it was a real fight. I mean discrimination is real....now I feel bad choosing mayo

I meant my Australian accent comment was a joke. The fight...who knows.
    That's like saying Ketchup or Mustard. Miracle Whip is not a substitute for mayo; it's an entirely different condiment.

You would be correct, sir.

Perhaps I'm part Aussie?
  • jammer1963
    jammer1963 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I like Miracle whip but I stayed away from it because my wife is a Mayo fan. However, since I started dieting again, I decided to look at the calorie count for both and was surprised that Miracle Whip is half the calories as Mayo. Since I tend to have sandwiches for lunch everyday, during the week, those extra calories makes a huge difference. I can save over 200 calories a week( meaning 5-days, not 7) just choosing Miracle Whip. Since I really do prefer Miracle over Mayo, it was a not brainer for me.