Low Cal Alcohol?

Options
Does anybody have any suggestions for low calorie alcoholic drinks? I usually drink wine and at 100+ calories/5oz... well that adds up. Anything but beer please! :drinker:

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Bang for the buck(%ABV)?
    Booze. Vodka, whiskey, rum...

Dry wines.
  • cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Any liquor mixed with a 0-calorie drink is pretty low. I like Capt. & Diet Coke - only like 60 calories.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I like the Captain with Zevia cola since I can't do artificial sweeteners. Zevia is made with stevia but is also zero calories.
  • jules1202
    Options
    Any liquor mixed with a 0-calorie drink is pretty low. I like Capt. & Diet Coke - only like 60 calories.

Yep this is good (esp with some lime!) Or you can get low sugar or sugar free drink mixes (like crystal light) like mojito mix with club soda, and rum. Throw in some real mint leaves and a couple strawberries and its awesome and pretty low cal!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    nah, most is crap,,, just drink what you want to,,, and cut back on the food and junk.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Try presses.

Blueberry Press = Blueberry Vodka + tonic water
    Strawberry Press = Strawberry Vodka + tonic water

etc.

Any flavor, any press.

Whiskey and diet is pretty good.

I also enjoy a rum and diet, which is not as strong as a whiskey diet or a press... and doesn't taste as good... but it's okay.
  • Misseena
    Misseena Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    If you like wine, I've found that mixing 1/2 glass of wine with 1/2 a glass of diet cranberry (or diet cran-grape/diet cran-pomegranate) is amazing! The diet cranberry drinks are only 5 calories, so they really cut the amount of calories you're drinking for your wine. The end result tastes a bit like a delicious sangria.

Interestingly, mind of matter often takes over for me, and I'll feel like I drank a full glass of wine when I'm done. It's been life changing for me! :drinker:
  • Spartan_Guy
    Spartan_Guy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Like another poster mentioned, Captain and diet (or Coke Zero) is a fairly low calorie drink, but keep in mind that there are about 60 calories per shot (1 oz) of Captain. So, obviously, if you have stronger drinks and/or many of them, those calories still add up.

Another low-cal option is vodka and diet tonic or just plain water.
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I use to drink vodka cranberries but now I stick with vodka and club soda with just a splash of cranberry juice. its lower in calories but still tastes like im indulging more than just having straight liquor.
  • fly_butterfly
    fly_butterfly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Vodka and a V8 = Bloody Mary (hey and a serving of veggies)
    Vodka and ice = Cold Vodka
    Vodka and sugar free Red Bull = Yum
    Vodka and Crystal Lite = Any flavor you wish
    Vodka...you get the idea. :happy: :drinker:

I stay away from soda's all together... but "splurge" every now and then on a Red Bull....cause sometimes ya gotta have wings.
  • brittrose33
    Options
    Diet pop and liquor is a classic. Diet Coke and rum/whiskey, Diet 7up and voldka, Diet Lemonade pop and voldka, or find your own mix. Then you only have the calories of the pop and can enjoy your drink. Another drink to make is liquor, a couple ice cubes, water and a splash of juice. Voldka, water, and a splash of cranberry, or whiskey, water, and a splash of lemon, that sort of thing. This way you don't have the chemicals of the pop but still get the flavour of a drink mixed with juice without all the calories.

Or, combine the two! Diet 7up, voldka (or rum) and a splash of cranberry or orange (or both!) with a slice of orange or lemon to toss in. Grab some of those packets for flavoured water and throw them in with your diet pop and liquor! Make a whiskey sour with diet 7up, a bit of lemon and lime juice, and a lime on the rim. Tequila, 7up, with a touch of lime or lemon, and a bit of orange juice. Get the blender out and crush some ice, and pour some mixtures over that on a hot day. Find (or make) a low calorie iced tea, chuck some ice cubs in there, a squirt of lemon juice and some voldka with a lemon on the rim! A fruit on the rim can really help with the flavour once you squeeze her out throw that baby in the drink.

The calorie count will vary depending on how strong you like your drinks, and which liquor you use. A shot is hovering around 60-70 calories (I normally make mine doubles :blushing: ), and depending on how much juice you want to throw in, you can make some really tasty drinks for under 100. I personally don't find you need much juice at ALL to amp up the flavour. To be safe, measure it out starting with a really low measurement (a TBSP, taste, TBSP, taste) so that you can control the calories.

Have you tried Sangria? You can find so many different recipes online, and it is delicious. Just replace the pop in the recipe for a diet version, throw in whatever fruit the recipe calls for or that you want (I pretty much just go nuts with whatever I feel like). It's really great for parties and sharing!

I really love my wine (and my Granville Island Winter Ale beer), so some days I will work my butt off with some running or circuit training just to have a couple glasses. Can't give up everything you love in life! Can you tell I'm a former bartender and liquor....enthusiast. :wink: :drinker:
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    how about a wine spritzer? You still get the wine taste, but less of it.
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    check out skinny girl cocktails too - theyre in stores.
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Vodka & soda is my drink of choice for a couple of reasons:

1) Plain vodka is about the best calorie to alcohol ratio you can get (flavored vodkas tend to have less alcohol)
    2) Club soda is a good 0-calorie mixer that doesn't have artificial crap in it
    3) When a drink isn't super sweet, I tend to drink it a little slower.

But otherwise I don't think there's anything wrong with wine, just use small glasses rather than huge ones so "1 glass" doesn't end up being 12 oz.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    You could do rum or another drink like that mixed with a diet pop... those tend to be somewhat low cal. There are light beers on the market.

If you are a wine drinker, check out Skinny Girl and Skinny Grape wines. Both are really good (I prefer Skinny Grape) and are only 80-85 calories for a 142ml glass (or just over 400 cals for the bottle lol ). Skinny Girl also has a line of other drinks as well (cosmos, margarita.. I believe there are a few more). I haven't tried those as I prefer wine.

I've also drank vodka mixed with the cranberry or orange Crystal Light mixes as well and those weren't too bad.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    www.getdrunknotfat.com

boom!
  • RogerLowen
    RogerLowen Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Gin/Tonic
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Yummmmm! Kettle One and club soda with an orange wedge. YES PLEASE! :) All other mixed drinks are way too sweet for my liking
  • islagirl304
    islagirl304 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One of our new groceries has a mixer brand called Scales, with 0 cal 0 carb sour mix, daquiri mix, and margarita mix. They actually taste great, so I get to indulge my very favorite whiskey sour. All sorts of artificial ingredients, though, so not so good if you're sensitive to that.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Aren't there those skinny lady whatever alcohols now? maybe check out those?

Unfortunately, when I drink..it's jack daniels or crown. I will make allowances in my goals for that when I do drink..hahahaha.