Low Cal Alcohol?

Options

Replies

• Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I drink vodka and diet tonic with a squeeze of lime. Yum!!

Diet tonic is awesome too - the artificial sweetener is completely overpowered by the bitterness of the quinine.
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Skinny margaritas!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
  • ggsmamma
    ggsmamma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Have you seen this site yet? http://getdrunknotfat.com/

It helped me get a handle on the calories in most of my favorite drinks...
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    malibu coconut rum and diet coke, 51 calories, since seeing them on here I have also tried the crystal light mojitos and crystal light appletinis, in the pitcher of mojito mix I squirt lime juice and just a scant drop of peppermint extract, I pour it over a tall glass of ice with a shot of spiced rum.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    A 60 calorie rum drink or a 70 calorie Vodka drink is 1 oz of liquor, realistically most cocktails contain at least 2 oz. Just keep that in mind
    Add a couple drops of Angostura bitters to any drink to open up the subtle flavors in the liquor.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    if your into beer i guess id go for miller 64

but guiness is lower cal then most light beers if that turns you on. works for me.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Gin and tonic... hold the gin! Scotch on the rocks... hold the scotch! Tequila with sugarfree cool-aid... Not so low cal, but you'd have to be plastered to drink it! You can always try the wagon... Been on it since April 22, 1988.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I'm not really an drink type....I do drink beer though and if I'm out eating, it's Miller Lite...at home, I buy Bud select 55 calorie. Haven't seen the bud select at any restaurant I've been to yet.
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is pure calories, so the less calories, the less buzz. Wine and beer have some non-alcohol calories though, so basically most buzz for the buck is a clear liquor.

this. you're always going to have cals with alcohol, but with wine/beer/mixers you get the extra carbs and sugar.

but to answer your question...i like vodka with water and lime juice. =) strawberry vocka if i'm feeling frisky! lol
  • gloriaallen36
    gloriaallen36 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Any liquor mixed with a 0-calorie drink is pretty low. I like Capt. & Diet Coke - only like 60 calories.

i also drink capt morgan and coke zero.... yeah very low in calories!!
  • Its_My_Time
    Its_My_Time Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    :drinker: My go to drinks are gin/diet tonic w/lime, or captain/diet coke
  • GoneKona
    Options
    Jack and Diet Coke...
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Wine mixed with seltzer with lime or wahtever you like. You just took your 100 cals and turned it in to 50
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Bottle of Guinness...125 Calories...BOOM! Bob's your Uncle!
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    nah, most is crap,,, just drink what you want to,,, and cut back on the food and junk.
    that's definitely good advice. don't waste your calories on food, just get drunk instead!

maybe a long island iced tea? it's higher in calories, but there's plenty of alcohol in there for you.
  • Gwilson939
    Gwilson939 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    check out skinny girl cocktails too - theyre in stores.

When I do cocktails, it's SkinnyGirl drinks.

http://www.skinnygirlcocktails.com/the-cocktails#content

About 100 calories for a reg sized drink. My fav is the Marguarita.

You can also make your own skinnygirl drink with ice, tequila, about one squeezed lime, splash with an orange liquer (float), like Triple Sec or one of the other orange flavored, if you need more 'filler' to fill up the glass, then some sugar free tonic water. I usually pass on the salt around the rim, but if you are not watching your sodium, then add the salt around the rim

This is how I made the marguaritas before the bottled stuff made it to my geographical area.. The recipes used to be available on the Internet on Bethanny Frankel's site.
  • Gwilson939
    Gwilson939 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Maybe the extra tonic water should be club soda? I don't remember.. I just buy the bottles now.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Captain and diet coke, vodka and sprite zero, or straight shots!

I :heart: Shots! lol
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    www.getdrunknotfat.com

boom!

This answer for the win. Seriously these rankings are all you will need. Thanks for the great link!

#endthread