Stop hating on ice cream.

Options
12346»

Replies

• chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I love ice cream and frozen yogurt. The only way I will eat it now though is if I make it myself so that I can control what is actually in it.
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I figure ice cream in my daily calorie goal

Love the weight watcher bars, you can get a snack chocolate fudge bar for 45 calories
    I also like the Dark Chocolate w/ Raspberry, only 90 calories.

I have lost 19 pounds doing this each day.
  • teaparty75
    teaparty75 Posts: 170
    Options
    I just don't understand why people like it in the first place.

Pretty much because if jesus christ were alive that's what he would eat. <-- you can't prove thats not true.

LOL couldn't agree more !! yall gone MAKE me eat some when i get home tonight ....i've been doing really good at only having a mug (instead of a bowl) of rocky road on the weekends TGIF !!!
  • Kelseyyyy22
    Kelseyyyy22 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    coconut ice cream is the best! better than regular in my opinion, although it's way more expensive. you can get it at whole foods.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I generally avoid dairy. I will have cheese maybe once a month. But, I don't have a problem with a nice pint of chocolate non-dairy ice cream. When I get an ice cream maker I will do all kinds of experiments with fruits, almond milk, almond butter, or peanut butter and chocolate and bananas of course.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Mmm. I'm going to have me some chocolate malted crunch ice cream in a few.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream 5-7 days a week and haven't gained a gram from it
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Just because you can't fit it into your fad diet or calories, don't hate. It's fantastic. It's in integral part of my DAILY diet. I'd love to hear why it shouldn't be.

(Oh, I don't eat just a little. I eat an entire pint a day, sometimes I'll go for 16 oz of Frozen Yogurt instead though.)

-M

I haven't read thru the replies yet, but can't imagine why anyone would bother to tell you (or anyone) you shouldn't eat your ice cream. Why should anyone care what another eats? I have nothing bad to say about ice cream anyway ;)
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I hate ice cream because it does mean and terrible things to my tummy :(
  • CycleGuy9000
    CycleGuy9000 Posts: 290
    Options
    My husband and I have ice cream every night and we make it part of our daily calorie count. To help with protions, we buy the individual 5.8 oz cups....Caramel Cone by Skinny cow is only 160 calories...

Have you had those Skinny Cow Red Velvet pops with the cream cheese frosting? So good!
  • CycleGuy9000
    CycleGuy9000 Posts: 290
    Options
    Just because you can't fit it into your fad diet or calories, don't hate. It's fantastic. It's in integral part of my DAILY diet. I'd love to hear why it shouldn't be.

(Oh, I don't eat just a little. I eat an entire pint a day, sometimes I'll go for 16 oz of Frozen Yogurt instead though.)

-M

A whole pint!? That's a lot man I dunno.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds vanilla cone = 150 calories and 24 gr carbs. Easy to work into anyones diet plan and feels like your cheating big time.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    i had to throw it out entirely cuz i cant eat it in moderation... just me tho.

^ This I understand. I had to get rid of Wheat Thins for the same reason.

WHeat Thins= salted crackery crack. I can't have them anywhere in the house.
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i had to throw it out entirely cuz i cant eat it in moderation... just me tho.

I am the same way..will finish a gallon in a day. I have eaten half, hated myself, and had to toss the rest before,

What I do now I buy ice cream sandwiches since they offer portion control. And when I wand *real* ice cream I go somewhere and get a sundae as a treat!
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I can't eat ice cream :( Too much fat for my sick liver.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    but never hate on icecream. icecream is like the bacon of the sweets world come on

I had bacon AND ice cream today and am still under on my calories so the naysayers can go have some more tofutti. : )
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    As a show of solidarity, I just polished off the remaining Extreme Moosetracks from our freezer.

ICE CREAM RULES!!
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I love ice cream but it has to be frozen and hard as a rock. Soft, melty ice cream grosses me out for some reason. I haven't eaten that much since starting to lose weight. Eating frozen bananas instead and it satisfies my desire for sweets, and less fat content too.

Interesting topic. Thanks.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream almost everyday.
  • Portugueselove
    Portugueselove Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have ice cream. I have the mini weight watcher caramel cones for 90 calories or a skinny cow sandwich for 150. Not daily but sometimes whenever i feel like having one. I also love the island sorbets they sell at Costco. This is what it looks like.

retail_12pack_200.jpg