THE ... dun dun DUNNN .... SCALE!!

Options
I take and post monthly progress photos and measurements and on this particular day a very important subject has come up: THE NUMBER ON THE SCALE.

Now, most of us have a pretty sensitive relationship with our scale. I can totally relate to this. I OBSESSED over it for YEARS. In fact, IT is why I used to starve myself and still felt that I was FAT. Well, that is no longer the case and I would like to share with you as to WHY:

When I joined here, I was not eating enough. I was weak. I was unhappy. Hence, why I joined... To help me "lose weight" right...

Here is a picture I took in September:
09182012_zpsc72bff26.jpg

I joined a gym and asked to be shown how to lift weights properly because I was tired of feeling and looking the way I did. I started stalking, I mean following, some awesome ladies on here... THEY look great, THEY eat a lot, THEY lift weights, what the heck?! Why can't *I* do that?! SO, I found the IPOARM:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Hmm, interesting information here.. I read it FREQUENTLY. I finally decided to close my eyes and JUMP IN! Here is the next month's progress photo:
10182012_zps789c8e36.jpg

I played around a little more with my diet and exercise routine, closely following and testing mine and other's theories and suggestions.... and here is the next month's progress photo:
Progress1.jpg

Now we're in December and it's the holidays and I'm feeling pretty dang good... I "weigh" more than I really care to and I'm starting to get pretty nervous about it but I keep pushing though. I eat all the holiday food. I drink all the holiday drink. I also KEEP MOVING:
12212012_zps1c725cde.jpg

January comes and I get hit with that crazy flu/cold whatever that monster was - it took me out for a WEEK. I thought I was going to lose my mind! I finally feel better, stronger even - and I see one of my friends post about her "deload week". Well, I don't want to sound stupid so I look it up. HA! You take a week off to recoupe from the "damage" we do to our muscles which is how our muscles repair and rebuild - well, that's basically what *I* just did - maybe this will be good for me right?? RIGHT GUYS!?! >.<

Nervous, I get about a week back in the game before it's "progress pic" time!! Well, here is this weekend's photo:
01192013_zps42b29cbd.jpg

I have, as of today, GAINED an average of about 4 lbs (things fluxuate), lost about an inch all the way around and I WEIGH 130 POUNDS. My "goal" when I started here was to get down to 120 as I started at 127. I am not done, I want the abs of these hottie lady friend I more openly stalk now. But I do want to point out that weighing 130 pounds looks a little better than weighing 120 something pounds.

So, while lifting weights and doing compound movements has helped ME get closer to my NEW goal - DO NOT LET THE SCALE OWN YOU. It is NOT always a proper measurement of success! Buy a tape measure. TAKE PICTURES. Don't trust that pesky plate of metal as your only form of progress. You might be surprised to find your progress elsewhere!

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I can't add more to this other than...

OMG LADY YOU ROCK!!!!!!!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    You're awesome :)
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You have done WONDERFUL!!! Congrats!!! (applause all around)
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    You are shrinking. Every picture you are smaller then the last. LOL. But wow before and WOW now. Awesome Job. Now I am just a little worried about the Ranch games. Just a lil!:tongue:
  • 2BhappyBhealthy
    2BhappyBhealthy Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I cannot re-size that first picture to save my life. It's GINORMOUS! :embarassed:
  • move257
    move257 Posts: 313
    Options
    There is such a HUGE difference in all those pics.. your abs and that "V" are getting more and more defined!! You're doing incredible!!!!! :D "hottie lady friend I more openly stalk now. " I bet everyone is going to be stalking your ab pics!! Really!! Keep it up!!! I love what you're saying about the scale, doesn't mean anything. It's not about what you weight, it's about how you feel, look, perform at the gym!! LOVE THIS!! !!!!! Keep on rocking girl!!! :D
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic.

Well done you for being so inspired to work so hard :smile:
  • alexhelena
    alexhelena Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's awesome! So refreshing and relieving to hear this, as my weight has been fluctuating a bit, but I feel different and better! I'm just gonna trust that! :)
  • bluzmama1229
    Options
    Thank you!! You look awesome!
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Someday.....
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm talking about! Great words of incouragement and strength! You are amazing and you have an amazing body! Great dedication! Fantastic job!
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. You look absolutely fab.
  • 2BhappyBhealthy
    Options
    Wow! That's awesome! So refreshing and relieving to hear this, as my weight has been fluctuating a bit, but I feel different and better! I'm just gonna trust that! :)

YES!! THIS is what I want people to take away from this! *claps* :D
  • carrow04
    carrow04 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I couldn't love this post anymore. I can't believe the hugely visible difference from month to month. Is kinda what i've been experiencing lately tho. I hope your diary is open because i really wanna check it out.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya.....I am 4lbs heavier than I was last March, but I have lost mega inches and lost 4% BF! I still look at the number, but I don't obsess.

Girl you are so aweome. Please know that you can do anything and everything!! You are a badass and I'm so proud to call you friend!! :))
  • 2BhappyBhealthy
    Options
    I couldn't love this post anymore. I can't believe the hugely visible difference from month to month. Is kinda what i've been experiencing lately tho. I hope your diary is open because i really wanna check it out.

better believe it is! Don't mind the booze and food from this past weekend. Had a friend in town and a birthday. SEE - I still party! lol...
  • dnhardy
    dnhardy Posts: 59
    Options
    Now the only thing left is to figure out on a scale of "1 to crazy stalker" where I would be if I printed this out and put it in my workout room to remind me...
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!

I started lifting a few weeks ago and was feeling great and noticing changes and of course I had to step on that damn scale and let it mess with my head.

The scale has since been hidden and I am trying to focus on how my body looks and feels and not letting a number on a scale dictate how I feel.

Very inspiring.

Karen
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    What a great post and pictures are worth more than any number you can see on the scale. You look amazing and doing all the right things in this fitness process of getting sexy fit! I am so happy we are friends! <3
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Now the only thing left is to figure out on a scale of "1 to crazy stalker" where I would be if I printed this out and put it in my workout room to remind me...

I would call it "smart stalker" LOL