THE ... dun dun DUNNN .... SCALE!!

Options

Replies

• Eye_Of_The_Tiger
    Eye_Of_The_Tiger Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ashley this is soooooo awesome! Thanks for sharing. I have a love/hate relationship with the scale and I know it defintely isant the definition on my progress. Sometimes we need to be reminded of that You have done so we such an inspiration!!
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Wow you have done an awesome job!! You look fantastic :)
  • 2BhappyBhealthy
    2BhappyBhealthy Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!

I started lifting a few weeks ago and was feeling great and noticing changes and of course I had to step on that damn scale and let it mess with my head.

The scale has since been hidden and I am trying to focus on how my body looks and feels and not letting a number on a scale dictate how I feel.

Very inspiring.

Karen

AWESOME! THIS is what I was getting at! Lifting starting to make me gain (which hellooo - of COURSE that's going to happen! you're freakin' building muscle!) and scared my confused little obsessive brain! Luckily I obsessed my way out of it and just wanted to help remind others to do the same. The scale is simply not an effective way to measure your success. Not in all cases, I know there are exceptions to this rule. Is the little ladies that I worry about! Be strong! FEEL GOOD! let that ROAR OUT! :devil:
  • Shaybug
    Shaybug Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You look stunning. You look strong. My beautiful MFP friend!
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! u look AMAZING!! now......................:noway: i will proceed with stalkin, i mean following YOU!! :flowerforyou:
  • mndtowka
    Options
    Is Les Mills Body Pump a good way to go as far a lifting weights?
    You look great!!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! Thanks for posting. I lift, and I'm STILL a slave to the scale. I need to just throw the dang thing out. I reached my goal, started lifting and put on 4 pounds. I see the progress, but the number is driving me nuts. Thanks for the reminder.

You look great, and I love the message.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    :heart: this!!! You look amazing!
  • 2BhappyBhealthy
    Options
    Is Les Mills Body Pump a good way to go as far a lifting weights?
    You look great!!

I have never tried any resistance training other than plyo, calisthenics, and lifting free weights so I don't have the experience to help with that one.. sorry!!
  • ferfy21
    Options
    Way to go! Just wondering if I was reading correctly that you began in September weighing 127 and now you are 130...I can't believe weighing more and how AWESOME you look. I weigh 127 and I hate it. I wanted to get to 119, but the scale only is going up, although I will now take your recommendation and use a tape measure and take pictures because that is amazing.
  • lovelifehealth
    lovelifehealth Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!

I wish they had a progress ticker for measurements and other forms of progress other then weight. I've been tracking daily for 10 weeks now and I've lost a whopping .4 lbs! But I've lost 6.5 inches on my waist and my clothes are all much looser. I'm definitely becoming the healthy skinny I desire. I like your idea of taking a monthly photo to track your progress and will start that this month. Thanks for your inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • 2BhappyBhealthy
    Options
    Way to go! Just wondering if I was reading correctly that you began in September weighing 127 and now you are 130...I can't believe weighing more and how AWESOME you look. I weigh 127 and I hate it. I wanted to get to 119, but the scale only is going up, although I will now take your recommendation and use a tape measure and take pictures because that is amazing.

YES. You read correctly. It has been a gradual increase and I have had moments where I went all the way up to 134 LBS!!! I *almost* .. *ALMOST* freaked out... buuuut the next day I was back down by one pound, then the next another.. our bodies do crazy things and the less time we spend STRESSING OUT about it, the better off we all are! It's also easy to forget about TOM, water retention, high sodium days.. there are so many reasons we fluxuate, no need in trying to figure them out! We've got enough to worry about!
  • 2BhappyBhealthy
    Options
    AWESOME!

I wish they had a progress ticker for measurements and other forms of progress other then weight. I've been tracking daily for 10 weeks now and I've lost a whopping .4 lbs! But I've lost 6.5 inches on my waist and my clothes are all much looser. I'm definitely becoming the healthy skinny I desire. I like your idea of taking a monthly photo to track your progress and will start that this month. Thanks for your inspiration! :flowerforyou:

I actually sent a request asking if we could remove the ticker or have other ways to measure but there is no way to take it off. You can add or change the "progress" or "weigh ins" here - so now I have added in my different measurements there. I think it's in setting under "my progress"? It's where you weigh in...
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wow...thanks for sharing! I sooo needed to hear a story like this today!
    You look fabulous!
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I love stories like this. Bumping so more people see!
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    LOve this post! Thanks for the reminder :flowerforyou:

To add: You look fantastic!
  • xSassy71x
    xSassy71x Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post. You look great. I am one to obsess over the numbers & when I do I'm going to come and read this post! :)
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Great post! Thanks for the encouraging progress pics!
  • dreamer2452
    dreamer2452 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    - DO NOT LET THE SCALE OWN YOU. It is NOT always a proper measurement of success! Buy a tape measure. TAKE PICTURES. Don't trust that pesky plate of metal as your only form of progress. You might be surprised to find your progress elsewhere!

I use to deal with eating disorders and i totally agree that the scale is not a huge factor. I still use it to track my weight but i mostly use my measuring tape now
  • Magoominuseighty
    Magoominuseighty Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Thanks for the post, it is super motivating :)