Why do some people choose to not show their ticker...

Options
13»

Replies

• andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    They do in the NC17 group.
    i want to join, gues im just not cool enough

No, you do not. Trust me, you most certainly do not.

(And if you ignore my advice, just remember: what has been seen, cannot be unseen.)
    challenge accepted
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Because they are ultimately irrelevant to others.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

(And if you ignore my advice, just remember: what has been seen, cannot be unseen.)
    challenge accepted

When you ultimately regret this decision, and no doubt you will, just remember that I tried to warn you.
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options

challenge accepted

When you ultimately regret this decision, and no doubt you will, just remember that I tried to warn you.
    you sound like my dad when i told him i wanted to try making love to rhinos....proved him...wait crap bad example
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    The question is...who has been here long enough to remember the signatures. Especially the really long ones? And the collective meltdown when they were removed!

Was a sad sad day... *tear*
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    The question is...who has been here long enough to remember the signatures. Especially the really long ones? And the collective meltdown when they were removed!
    Yeah, I liked my signature. And the collective frenzy that happened when they were taken away was actually amusing. Some of those signatures though, they had ginormous pictures that I do not miss.
  • They could be like me and don't know how to get it there, lol. I only found out about twenty minutes ago...
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    What does it really matter?. Some people don't want to nor care to. I don't care either way if people don't want to show me their tickers
  • Chapter3point6
    Options

challenge accepted

lets_talk_blogtv_mens_hate_much_grey_tshirt-rf22e3a77acff480bb613c723884eb4e0_804gr_216.jpg
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't my goal, so showing mine would be pointless
  • BFarnsworth
    BFarnsworth Posts: 210 Member
    Options

This is a classic case of a Hater ... not to be confused with a troll (who is in essence a cousin of sorts). This being fixates on something he deeply wishes he could be apart of but acts aloof to throw off suspicion. Its ok .. when your old enough and have a dirty mind your welcome to ask to join too. :)

On the topic: I show my ticker ... with a mask on cause im shy :D
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    because i have a history of ED and focusing too much on numbers is dangerous for me :) nothing to hide, but it's not necessary for me personally that that is public and in my face all the time
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    until two days ago I didn't know how to get a ticker. i actually thought since i was new and had lost no weight yet i hadn't "earned" a ticker in some way. yes that's silly but newbie here so....sorry.

anyway i also didnt weigh myself till recently and was justifying and searching for a way to avoid it and rely on soemthing else for progress like pant size or inches or something because i cannot be trusted with a scale in my house i'll weigh daily and cry almost as often. so maybe that's it for some people.
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I think it's just a personal choice for people. I don't assume that most people care what my ticker says, but I add it to my posts just in case it matters to someone when they're reading my post. It doesn't bother me when other people don't show their's though. I just assume either they are on the site for different reasons than me or they might have their own personal reasons for not sharing it on the forums.