Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Best home workout program?

2»

Replies

• reneeroberts_88
    reneeroberts_88 Posts: 31 Member
    I have turbo fire and love her. been thinking about getting the advance levels to it.
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Thanks, I have a home gym and I've done my own thing until now where I've made monthly workout charts where I do different things every day and work different body parts on alternate days etc. I've had times when I've done conventional cardio on machines combined with weight training or different DVDs with cardio and weights in the gym but never for long as it's hard to do it alone. Normally I start off doing 5-6 days a week but it soon drops to 3-4 days.

The problem for me is if I do something alone I soon lose motivation and start taking days off, especially if the workout is long. With BR I have found that I am a lot more motivated because it's 6 days a week for less than 40 minutes each and I therefore have to do all my workouts for the week in order to progress to the next week. I'm more determined than ever to do the full 90 days and I think it's definitely achievable.

I've also got P90X from a friend but I've had a quick look at the workouts and they all seem quite long. I've suffered from injuries in the past when I've tried to do a lot of training every day so I really want to avoid that this time. I don't want to overdo it and it's easier for me to manage two short workouts (one morning, one evening) in a day rather than one long workout once a day.

Is Insanity short like BR and does it include weights? I want to include weight training definitely. Maybe I'll try P90X after BR but don't want to find that it's too time consuming.

I already have a treadmill in my gym as well as an Elliptical trainer and Rowing machine so I normally add in a few extra cardio workouts each week on top of whatever else I'm doing anyway.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    I use "You Are Your Own Gym" because:

1) It's a bodyweight program with minimal equipment needs. What equipment needs there are can usually be met with readily available household items such as chairs and doors.
    2) The programs are only about 35 minutes long, some are shorter.
    3) The book provides 4 10-week programs, automatically.
    4) Variations of exercises are described, so you can make it easier or more challenging, depending on your needs.

If you have a spartphone or iPad, the app makes things easier:
    1) It comes with the same workouts included in the book.
    2) The app lets you create your own workouts by swapping out exercises.
    3) The app handles all the timing. No worrying about forgetting to start, stop, and reset a stowpwatch.
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Some great suggestions here which I will definitely look up for when I'm done with BR. I think maybe a DVD workout program is going to be best for me because it almost doesn't feel like you're doing it alone.

At the moment I'm using dumbbells from 8-30 lbs although I have a power block system at home so could even go heavier when I get a bit stronger. I also have a lot of other equipment so everything suggested is doable for me (except the trampoline which sounds fun but dangerous!)

I am hoping to be a lot fitter after the 90 days and stonger/leaner. My goal is to lose scale weight but also drop as much body fat as possible as I am currently at around 32%. I want something that is going to get me beach ready by the time it gets hot here again which is normally mid-end May. By the end of BR it will be mid April so after that I will be looking for something to push me to the max! I live near the beach so don't want to have to spend another summer hiding indoors, I want to be out there in my bikini showing off!!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    A friend of mine had good luck with going onto bodyrock.tv for her workouts. That changes constantly and it's quick.
  • MomiTia
    MomiTia Posts: 94 Member
    BUMP for later