Looking for C25K Buddies

Options
13»

Replies

• emzilee
    emzilee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing week 3, day 1 tomorrow morning - even the idea of 3 minutes straight seems daunting to me!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 8. I repeat weeks until i feel ready to move on, so it's taking me longer than the 9 weeks of the program. But I'm getting there!

Add me if you like.
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Funny you posted this...I was at the gym a few hours ago and downloaded the app AGAIN!!! For some reason life got in the way the last time I tried to do it. Anybody feel free to add me:)
  • marcykellar
    marcykellar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm doing C2K. I do week 2 workout 3 tomorrow. Feel free to add me.
  • happyhubbard
    Options
    I am on week 5 day 2. I am staying there for a few more days before I move up to the big jump that day 3 has in store. I might even close that time gap myself before moving on. I signed up for my first 5K which is in March. My New Year's resolution is to become a runner. So far, so good and I HATED running before this! 30 seconds and I was DONE. I am now running 8 minutes straight and very proud of myself! Go us!! :)
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've done the C25k and the C210k and currently working on a half marathon. I started running last April when I was around 315lbs! I ran my first 5k at 300lbs and finished in 41 minutes and I was on about week 5 of C25k.

I've learned a lot about running and how not to get injured or suffer shin splints, knee pain, dead legs etc. I don't mind sharing what I've learned and what not to do.

I will say, don't be so quick to buy "special" running shoes until you've learned a little about running. Most of what you experience running isn't the shoes but your technique, yes your technique. There is a right and wrong way to run and speed should not be your focus in the beginning.

There is also some things you need to know about running and weight loss. When building your leg muscles up for running or when running to fast (reaching maximum heart rate) you can stunt weight loss without proper nutrition. You don't want to run in at a aerobic heart rate but a fat burning heart rate. C25k is an excellent program to get you going and address these issues without giving you the details and the why's.

If you want to add me or pick my brain, go right ahead!
  • lynn_hickey
    lynn_hickey Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey all!! I just finished week 3 today, and last night I signed myself up for my first 5k in April which I am really looking forward to!! Feel free to add me too, it's nice to have people with the same goals for motivation :)
  • emzilee
    emzilee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    W3D1 down :) It wasn't too much of a struggle either and I've sped up my running pace from when I started too.

I ran at 4.9-5mph and walked at 3.7-3.8mph and did an extra 90 second run before my cooldown walk.
  • vkmoorthy
    vkmoorthy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Planning to start C25K tomorrow. I have never run in my life. I can walk but cannot run am hopping I will be able to transition to being a runner using this program. I am going to start on a treadmill.

Good luck to everyone.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Since there are alot of C25K veterans on the thread, which programs or apps do you recommend? I'm using one called The 5K Runner program. I used the C25K Free by Zen Labs, but there were so many ads, etc., I deleted it. Thanks!
    One very nice thing about the Zen labs one: It gives you GC codes (amazon.ca for me) after you do some of the days. I've made $3 from it so far.
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yay, I'm doing a 5k at the end of March (24th?) as well. I've done c25k before so I'll join in with you. I'm up to 1.62 miles already...what week do you think I should skip to that will be at about that level?
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Yay, I'm doing a 5k at the end of March (24th?) as well. I've done c25k before so I'll join in with you. I'm up to 1.62 miles already...what week do you think I should skip to that will be at about that level?
    Somewhere in week 5. Day 2 is 1.5 miles and day 3 is 2 miles.
  • vkmoorthy
    vkmoorthy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Started today W1D1.
  • Hjbaker
    Hjbaker Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Today I will be doing W1D2... how awesome are we :smile:
  • Shweet_heart
    Shweet_heart Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Today I did Week 2, Day 3. Getting nervous about Week 3, though. 3 minutes sounds like A LONG time!

Edit: I'm always looking for friends, so if anyone wants to do this journey together, I'm happy to be part of it!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Join the group....plenty of folks there doing it and in various states of completion (I finish week 4 next week)
  • chelseybennett1
    chelseybennett1 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I started week 2 on Monday. I had to repeat week 1till I could finish the workout. I had a hard time doing it outside for some reason :( so now I'm doing it on the treadmill. You can add me if you like.