Beautiful Blues 3/16/10

Options
debnu1
debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
challenge18.JPG

Here it is. We have been definitely low on numbers this week. Perhaps we are in need of a challenge of sorts. Any ideas?

Replies

• MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Hi Beautiful blues,

Hope everyone is having a great day. I'm on Month 2 of Insanity (Day 2) and will be doing Max Interval Plyo and P90x Ab Ripper for a total of 75 minutes.

My goals for this week are to keep my calories varied each day to avoid a plateau and to exercise every day this week.

We can do a challenge to log in all the foods you eat even when you have a cheat day this week and to do atleast 15-20 minute exercise each day this week- it could be a stretch or a walk.

What are your goals and challenges this week?

Have a great day all!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I don't have time right now to really think about this. I will try to catch up with all of you later tonight. Have a great day!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    My main challange this week is to find the motivation to workout everyday. All I want to do is sleep right now
  • MayLan
    Options
    smadag1- Hi there, so glad to hear from you. I find motivation by posting on here what I plan to do for the day because I feel it gives me accountability. How about letting us know what you plan to do that day?
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I need to find the motivation to workout everyday too. My treadmill has been disassembled for the move and I could use a video...I guess I need to dig deep and do it! We can do it!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Sorry - missed weigh in too much happening with Mom - I am overwhelmed! Working thru it and maintaining - it'll all be ok!!!!
  • smadag1
    Options
    smadag1- Hi there, so glad to hear from you. I find motivation by posting on here what I plan to do for the day because I feel it gives me accountability. How about letting us know what you plan to do that day?

After reading your post I got off my *kitten* and went and racked the yard a little then played with my Wii for 35 minutes and then did 30 minutes of my Core synergestics ( I ran out of time to finish). I am planning on doing sholders and srms tomorrow plus time allowing my wii

Chrissy my heart goes out to you and your family :heart:
  • msh0530
    Options
    Sorry - missed weigh in too much happening with Mom - I am overwhelmed! Working thru it and maintaining - it'll all be ok!!!!

Chrissy, you are in my prayers.

I have had a very busy day, and tomorrow looks like it could be busier. We are going camping with the family Thursday through Sunday. There will be 20 of us there for our annual spring campout. I have the menu planned and pre-logged in my food diary, and I'm packing groceries now. I will try to pop in tomorrow, but then you won't here from me for the rest of the week. Everyone stay well and focused, and try to enjoy the arrival of warmer weather (I hope)! Here's to smart choices!
  • msh0530
    Options
    And before I forget - for the new week . . . team huddle . . . GO BLUE!
  • MayLan
    Options
    smadag1- That's awesome to hear you got your sweat on!!!! I'm sure you felt better after the workout.

chrissy- I'll also keep you in my prayers and hope that you remain strong during these tough times.

msh- Have fun camping, now's the perfect time since the weather's warmer. I'm so picturing the smores and the fire burning. Have fun!
  • smadag1
    Options
    Today I am planning on on doing arms and sholders plus some wii fit and if I have time I will do the cardio from P90x that I missed this week.. I know that is alot but I have the motivation right now so I am trying to build on it. Time for breakfast so I can get this day started.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning blue team,

Mary - That's an awesome job losing that weight, and you'll do great this weekend camping. Doing the groceries ahead of time and planning your foods will keep you eating clean. Have a fun weekend.

Chrissy - Hope everything works out ok:flowerforyou:

Almomay - Keep kicking butt - Your doing an awesome job.

Smadag1 - Is that all it takes for us to bug you? :laugh: I'm sure myself or someone else can ask you every day what your exercise is, and/or you post it, and we'll check up on you.
    IMO - Don't try to cram too muchwork out in one day, if you missed a workout day, just skip it, give your body that day rest (that's what I say to myself if I miss a day ) :tongue:

So, how did arms and shoulders go?:wink:

I still don't see the scale moving much, but I am seeing still some more definition and fat melting in places so, I'm not going to care too much about the scale - I know it will go down in time. Getting in more protein these past 2 weeks, and I think the muscles are enjoying it.
    Back and biceps tonight - Then going out for a walk/jog this evening.

Have a great day everyone.

P.S. I haven't had anybody really comment about my weightloss at work except one upper boss .
    He's the same guy that said to me previously "everytime I see you your always eating".
    This week, he came into the office and said to me "you working out?" I told him after work on days and before work on afternoons.
    He didn't say much after that, but I think it was a guy thing, and that he must have noticed something.
  • msh0530
    Options
    P.S. I haven't had anybody really comment about my weightloss at work except one upper boss .
    He's the same guy that said to me previously "everytime I see you your always eating".
    This week, he came into the office and said to me "you working out?" I told him after work on days and before work on afternoons.
    He didn't say much after that, but I think it was a guy thing, and that he must have noticed something.
    It always feels good when someone finally notices, and comments on it. I lost over 30 pounds before anyone except my mother really noticed. Good job, Peter!
  • MayLan
    Options
    smadag- Sounds like you have a plan of attack for today. Hope you enjoy your workout today.

tthumper- I'm sure lots of people have noticed, and probably don't know how to say it. I love it how people can point out when we are getting fatter, but are not so quick to point out when we're losing. Yeah, that darn scale can play tricks on people. One week it doesn't move, the next week it moves 3-4 pounds.

My plan for today is to do Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning and I'm going to try P90x Yogax which I've never done before, or I might do the stretching dvd which I haven't looked at yet.

Enjoy the rest of your day all!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Did a 4 mile run - challenging myself with some extra hills last night. Felt good to beat those silly hills!

Today - 3 mile run, tomorrow strength, Fri and Sat rest or walks (VERY low impact) and Sunday is my first Half Marathon!!!!
  • smadag1
    Options
    Smadag1 - Is that all it takes for us to bug you? :laugh: I'm sure myself or someone else can ask you every day what your exercise is, and/or you post it, and we'll check up on you.

I hate to sound needy but that might actually help a little :blushing:

I just finished 35 minutes of my wii with an 11 minute jog plus shoulders and arms of P90X. I need to get a heart rate monitor to get a better idea of the calories I am burning. I am hoping to keep this momentum going for the rest of the week
  • MayLan
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe I just did Insanity plus P90x YogaX for 90 minutes. I've never done yoga for that long, but I stuck it out. I'm surprised I was actually sweating.

Chrissy- Have fun on your marathon this weekend. The weather's getting so nice now.

smadag- Glad you're enjoying your wii and P90x. Don't you feel better now that you've worked out. Awesome Job!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Smadag - no problemo - If it you need some friendly bugging, some tough love. I'll give it. What are you doing tomorrow? :)
    You tell us what your going to do, and then I'll ask about if you got it done. :wink: :drinker:

Almomay - isn't yogax wonderful - It can be tough, I hate the "power yoga" part cobra/plank, leg up etc. Hate it , but love getting into all the warrior and other yoga positions. Never did yoga before Power 90, and it was an eye opener then on how tough yoga can be.

Chrissy - awesome job, you know whatever you put your mind to, you can do it. You go girl.

Thanks Mary, Almomay - One thing I will be looking forward to, is getting rid of my XL shirts. I know when people still wear the same clothes and they're baggy, sometimes people can't really tell.
    New wardrobe for me will probably be in 2 months when I get back.

Today, I felt bad because I skipped my workout yesterday, so I punished myself. 4:30-5:30 I did pylometrics, 5:30-6:30 I did back and arms, skipped abripper x because OH came home and we went for an hour walk.
    3 hours of exercise, burned 1700 calories. Awesome burn today, and headed to bed to get a good sleep.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    We've had amazing weather recently and it's supposed to RAIN sunday for my half...oh well it'll give me a great story to tell my grandkids (in like 50 years:wink: )
  • msh0530
    Options
    I think that I am pretty well ready to leave on our camping trip in the morning. All of the food is already loaded, my suitcase is out there, and I just have to get my last minute things together in the morning. I still have to pack up the dog's food, etc. tonight. My 4 year old grandson is spending the night, as he will go with us in the morning. The rest of his family will join us on Friday. We plan to be home on Sunday evening.
    I pulled all of my clothes out of my room today and tried them all on. I packed away some tops to see if they will still fit me next fall, but put together two bags of jeans, slacks, and tops to give away as they are too big. I like the feeling of knowing that I will never be that size again! I have bought some spring/summer clothes on clearance, so I have a few things to wear. Last fall I gave away all of my summer clothes, as they were too big. This part of the journey is kind of fun, even if it is a lot of work sorting and not too easy on the pocketbook! :wink:
    Hope you enjoyed your St. Patrick's Day. I cooked a corned beef with lots of carrots and cabbage, and a few potatoes. I ate one serving of meat, and I'm enjoying some extra vegetables before I head to bed. We are getting up at 0'dark hundred to leave.
    Everyone have a great weekend. Here's to smart choices!