Nutella... WHY OH WHY....

Options

Replies

• Chloe0602
    Chloe0602 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Nutella is simply amazing! I make Nutella Cookie Cups, and they get me into trouble!

http://laurassweetspot.com/2012/09/17/nutella-cookie-cups/
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I eat Nutella on wheat toast before I go running. It has enough sugar and protein to fuel a good run. I also have a recipe for Nutella-stuffed french toast that I'm going to try to make this weekend. YUM! Can't wait!
  • Vickiesings
    Options
    I eat a Tablespoon almost every morning. I just add it to my calories. I love it!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    pretty much this...

6409684_700b.jpg
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Dumb question, but has anyone seen the tiny Nutella snack packs they have now? It's Nutella with bread sticks that you can dip into the Nutella. All that wasted space in the package for the bread sticks. They just need to put more Nutella in that spot.

I swear, I revert to being a child when eating the stuff. Sitting on the kitchen floor, jamming my hands into the jar and eating. It's insanely good.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I must be very odd, but I really don't think all that much of Nutella. Especially on toast. *barf*
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    If you are near a Cost Plus World Market - in their little bitty section, they have single serve packets of Nutella. I get those instead of the whole jar. And if not:

http://www.worldmarket.com/product/mini-nutella-hazelnut-spread-cup.do?&from=Search

I love that section of the store, because I can buy the mini-version indulgences once in a while instead of the whole caboodle.

Though, my new favorite indulgence? Philadelphia Dulce de Leche cream cheese. Eeeeek!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I was gonna say cupboard is not complete without hazelnut choc spread and peanut butter...they are two of my staple foods...YUM! (as is dark chocolate)
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Nutella...why oh why...

- are you readily available?

- are you cheap?

- are you able to be eaten without cutlery?

- are you not a health food?

- are you laced with crack?

- ARE YOU SO EFFING DELICIOUS
  • Wickedbookworm1977
    Options
    Nutella = food crack
  • robhigareda
    robhigareda Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Nutella = food crack

Absolutely..

I try not to eat it very often. I went a few months with out it, just had some the other day though. Soooo good..
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Sunday treat at my house: spread canned crescent roll dough with a half tablespoon of Nutella (or clump it up at the large end, whichever you prefer). Roll them up and bake them. Measure the Nutella carefully and use the reduced-fat dough, and they're 140 or 150 calories each, depending on dough brand. I can easily fit two into my day's calories, and they're sooooooo yum.

This is delicious, but Nutella is an awful addiction for me. I have a whole board on pinterest dedicated to recipes for it. The little individual packs are wonderful too but I could care less about the little bread sticks I could eat it with my finger....
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I don't get the obsessions with Nutella. I grew up eating it in tinny cups, but we only found it at the CANDY store, It is chocolate after all.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Oh, on second thoughts - really irks me that it's advertised as a healthy breakfast option for kids. Since when was chocolate spread a particularly healthy way to start the day? Delicious, yes. Healthy...IT'S GOT NUTS IN SO MUST BE HEALTHY YES/YES.
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I don't get the obsessions with Nutella.

I don't either. It's been around forever, but all of a sudden in the last maybe 2 years, it's all I hear about. It's another food fad, people pick up on something and treat it like the second coming for awhile. Same thing happened a couple of years after Starbucks started the Pumpkin Latte. Now EVERYTHING has a pumpkin flavored version. :huh:

But to the Nutella fans, there's no reason that, even with calorie counting, you still can't have some. Just don't do a full serving. do 1/4 (25 cal) or 1/2 (50 cal) of just 1 tablespoon spread thinly over a rice cake or some celery. You still get a little tasty fix and you're not inhaling all the calories. That's how I do peanut butter, which has almost as many calories as nutella.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Dumb question, but has anyone seen the tiny Nutella snack packs they have now? It's Nutella with bread sticks that you can dip into the Nutella. All that wasted space in the package for the bread sticks. They just need to put more Nutella in that spot.

I swear, I revert to being a child when eating the stuff. Sitting on the kitchen floor, jamming my hands into the jar and eating. It's insanely good.

Ugh, yes. They are heaven and hell all in one package.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I don't get the obsessions with Nutella.

I don't either. It's been around forever, but all of a sudden in the last maybe 2 years, it's all I hear about. It's another food fad, people pick up on something and treat it like the second coming for awhile. Same thing happened a couple of years after Starbucks started the Pumpkin Latte. Now EVERYTHING has a pumpkin flavored version. :huh:

But to the Nutella fans, there's no reason that, even with calorie counting, you still can't have some. Just don't do a full serving. do 1/4 (25 cal) or 1/2 (50 cal) of just 1 tablespoon spread thinly over a rice cake or some celery. You still get a little tasty fix and you're not inhaling all the calories. That's how I do peanut butter, which has almost as many calories as nutella.

We know we can have it. This is more a goof/confessional thread than anything else.

However, I don't think I'd really call it a fad food. "A fad is any form of behavior that develops among a large population and is collectively followed with enthusiasm for some period, generally as a result of the behavior's being perceived as novel in some way. A fad is said to "catch on" when the number of people adopting it begins to increase rapidly. The behavior will normally fade quickly once the perception of novelty is gone."

I don't think people love Nutella because it's novel, we love it because it tastes awesome (to us). Nor do I think we'll stop eating once it's no longer the "new big thing".

... now I wish it were a fad food. :tongue:
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried Justin's Hazelnut Chocolate Butter? It has 7 sugar versus Nutella's 21 and tastes awesome!

I like the Justin's brand better. Plus, they have these little single serving packs you can buy individually. I get one every now and then, but I can't binge on it because I only have one little pack :-) They have some other awesome flavors too.
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I don't get the obsessions with Nutella. I grew up eating it in tinny cups, but we only found it at the CANDY store, It is chocolate after all.

There's tons of candy at grocery stores. This is just another kind. There are people obsessed with all kinds of sweets. It's not any different. There are just a lot of people who like Nutella.
  • Superchas
    Superchas Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Because you like the taste
    Enjoy it record it then burn it off