1200 Cal/day... can you really make the goals match up?

Options
2»

Replies

• Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Theology nerd has given a great reply on this thread. I agree with her words of wisdom ....good luck
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    MFP actually suggested 1200 calories? you must be a pencil trying to get skinnier....Supposedly 1200 is the minimum!!

Just for information purposes I started at 175lbs and 5` 4" and to lose a projected 1lb a week I was `given` 1200 cals a day. I am now down to 139lbs and to maintain I am `given 1260 cals a day.

Plus exercise cals of course..thank goodness for exercise cals !!!
  • mrslynch
    mrslynch Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the helpful responses. I think I'll adjust my macros. I wish I were a pencil! 5'5", started at 191 and MFP gave me 1200/day for a 2lb/week loss. The first week I lost 5 lbs, but I'm sure it was water weight as I know I drastically reduced my sodium by eating cleaner in general. Now if only I could be a little less busy so I didn't have to have drive thru for dinner every night (leave home at 8 am, don't get home til 10pm, I pack lunch, but no way to do dinner too with activities). So I won't have a problem if I'm under in fat consistently?
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    For the record, there are ways to eat drive-thru every night and still lose weight. It's all about finding the right foods at the right places and sticking to that. I've always got ideas if you're ever interested in some help finding healthy choices at fast food places.
  • mrslynch
    mrslynch Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    For the record, there are ways to eat drive-thru every night and still lose weight. It's all about finding the right foods at the right places and sticking to that. I've always got ideas if you're ever interested in some help finding healthy choices at fast food places.

Mostly it's just the sodium that's a killer. Since I have to do it so often, I've done a lot of research on what to order and have favorites by now. However, I'd love some new ideas! Chick Fil A, BK, McD's, Wendy's, Sonic, KFC, Hardees, and Taco Bell are my quickest options... though sometimes if I have enough time I love a trip to Chipotle :) Half of a burrito bowl with everything I love is still under 500 calories!