Avocado. How do YOU eat it?

Options

Replies

• Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I eat it in place of where I'd normally put mayo.
    Yes_zps995defdf.gif
  • shrinkydink_mg
    Options
    Sliced in half, remove the stone. Poke the edible part all over with a fork. A little dash of salt & pepper, a squeeze of lime, and a dash of tabasco sauce. Sprinkle a little bit.....LITTLE BIT of cheddar or parmesan cheese on top....and broil in the oven!

NOM NOM NOM!!!!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    With strawberries. I love this combination.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I like to make a salad: 1/2 an avocado, 1/4 c. of corn, 1/2 c. black beans, 1/4 c. of onion, and some tomato. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Stuff half an avocado with a tuna salad made with a little mayo and chopped cilantro, or a light shrimp salad. yummy.

I also love them cubed with a squeeze of lemon, a drizzle of soy sauce, some nice salt and sesame seeds. Add a little salt if you need it. So delish!
  • jj1973
    jj1973 Posts: 131 Member
    Options

Me too! and with anything that has a mexican flair.

I like to add a little Tony Chachere's seasoning to it and put it on a salad in place of dressing.

I also like to mix it with cucumber and tomato with a light vinigarette dressing as a side salad. (Throw in some tony's for good measure!)

DO NOT try to mix it with chinese cuisine! Tried it...and ooohhh, yuk!
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Usually sandwich or taco.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options

^~~~ This. I also use it in place of salad dressing. Or throw some bay shrimp salad in there. Or with a little tapatio. Oh how I love avocados.
  • lynaib
    lynaib Posts: 1
    Options
    I like it plain old naked on a spoon
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    with salt and tapatio. :tongue:
  • TheMoonMuse
    TheMoonMuse Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Cucumber, chicken breast, and avocado sandwich on Eizekiel bread :) Just mash some up with a fork and spread it in place of mayo.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    avocado, plum tomato and a stick of string cheese all mixed up together and a little salt. mmmm...
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Mix with tuna instead of mayo!
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I love just scooping it out with the spoon and adding a little salt....my kids usually steal it from me. Boogers :explode:
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    sliced on toast with salt and pepper. In a salad in place of dressing, in mexican dishes, in wraps
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Usually as guacamole.

But tonight... As a dark chocolate mousse/ice cream on top of frozen bananas. Omnomnom.
  • dollhousedolly
    dollhousedolly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I like mine plain, in a sandwich, in a salad, in a wrap.. so many ways to enjoy it.
    But I ate my last one yesterday :(

The tuna and avocado, I want to try that now!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Breakfast taco for breakfast, turkey sandwich at lunch, fajitas for dinner... there are so many ways to enjoy that little boost of avocado!
  • deadbambi
    deadbambi Posts: 368
    Options
    cut it in half, salt and pepper it, top it off with a handful of shrimp, and eat :D
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    cut up on a salad

Sliced on a sandwich (with or without bread; sometimes I make roll ups with romaine, hummus, tomato, olives and avocado - yum)

Sliced or diced over black beans; black bean soup; chili

halved with salsa on top

Diced with tomato and olives for a little "salad"