I'm Scared

Options
124»

Replies

• danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    You guys are quick! :laugh: I still think at his weight, undereating is not that big a deal. Losing the weight is a matter of life or death. Even 1000 calories at his weight would be okay on occasion. I'm not willing to crucify him for it - you go right ahead, though.

No one is crucifying him, matter a fact I have added him as a friend when he was suggested to me from another one of my friends.. Let me lay this out in terms from someone who has been there and done that... 42 months ago I weighed 560 lbs. was home bound for over 2 years, could not walk from the recliner to the bathroom (actually wheeled myself around the house on a computer chair.) I sat in a chair with a loaded hand gun for 3 days before having that Aha moment and decided to choose life... I stopped saying No to everything and started saying yes... My nutritionist said to maintain my 560 lbs. I was consuming over 8000 calories a day, but we both knew I was eating closer to 10,000 calories if not more cause that last year I packed on 120 lbs. So when we started my meal plan it wasn't oh you have to eat 800-1000 calories a day cause your fat and can handle the low calories, no it was slow and steady will win the race. She set my intake at 2500 calories a day and a macro split of 40/30/30 leaning carbs/protein/fats.. We brought in 2 - 32 gallon trash cans and empty the house of all bad foods/trigger foods until such a time that I could handle having them in the house and replaced them with an assortment of fruits/veggies/chicken and fish and reasonable snacks. at that caloric reduction the first month the weight flew off but over the next few weeks it leveled off to a couple pounds a week loss.. Did I have stalled weeks, of course but the one thing I NEVER did was under ate and over the course of the last 3 1/2 years and dropping over 300 lbs. I have increased my caloric intake (to currently eating 3000-3400 calories a day) and am still losing weight some weeks... Point being no one on here is being mean, we may just know from experience that food is Not the enemy, the enemy is and always will be our own selves that stand in the way of what we want to accomplish... OP we have talked about this and you know where I stand on this.... I am here for you whenever you want to bounce anything off me... Stay the course, and start getting those calories up and keep moving!! You got this!!!

I love you, Ed!!! You are amazing and such a hero to us all. You chose life when so many would have pulled the trigger...no words can express how extraordinary you are. :heart:

ETA: OP, this man is your KEY GUIDE on MFP. Take his advice, and we are all cheering you on. :smile:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    You guys are quick! :laugh: I still think at his weight, undereating is not that big a deal. Losing the weight is a matter of life or death. Even 1000 calories at his weight would be okay on occasion. I'm not willing to crucify him for it - you go right ahead, though.

No one is crucifying him, matter a fact I have added him as a friend when he was suggested to me from another one of my friends.. Let me lay this out in terms from someone who has been there and done that... 42 months ago I weighed 560 lbs. was home bound for over 2 years, could not walk from the recliner to the bathroom (actually wheeled myself around the house on a computer chair.) I sat in a chair with a loaded hand gun for 3 days before having that Aha moment and decided to choose life... I stopped saying No to everything and started saying yes... My nutritionist said to maintain my 560 lbs. I was consuming over 8000 calories a day, but we both knew I was eating closer to 10,000 calories if not more cause that last year I packed on 120 lbs. So when we started my meal plan it wasn't oh you have to eat 800-1000 calories a day cause your fat and can handle the low calories, no it was slow and steady will win the race. She set my intake at 2500 calories a day and a macro split of 40/30/30 leaning carbs/protein/fats.. We brought in 2 - 32 gallon trash cans and empty the house of all bad foods/trigger foods until such a time that I could handle having them in the house and replaced them with an assortment of fruits/veggies/chicken and fish and reasonable snacks. at that caloric reduction the first month the weight flew off but over the next few weeks it leveled off to a couple pounds a week loss.. Did I have stalled weeks, of course but the one thing I NEVER did was under ate and over the course of the last 3 1/2 years and dropping over 300 lbs. I have increased my caloric intake (to currently eating 3000-3400 calories a day) and am still losing weight some weeks... Point being no one on here is being mean, we may just know from experience that food is Not the enemy, the enemy is and always will be our own selves that stand in the way of what we want to accomplish... OP we have talked about this and you know where I stand on this.... I am here for you whenever you want to bounce anything off me... Stay the course, and start getting those calories up and keep moving!! You got this!!!

I love you, Ed!!! You are amazing and such a hero to us all. You chose life when so many would have pulled the trigger...no words can express how extraordinary you are. :heart:

ETA: OP, this man is your KEY GUIDE on MFP. Take his advice, and we are all cheering you on. :smile:

TY :flowerforyou:
  • ssmaling
    ssmaling Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're getting enough calories. You're a big guy and even though you want to lose weight you can't starve your body or else it wont do what you want it to. Eating way less than you should works for a bit, but then your body figures out what's going on and wont budge. My advice would be to up your calorie/protein intake and see what happens. And don't give up. This is a lifestyle change and results wont happen over night. ♥