Replies

• Bigwig236
    Bigwig236 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Mads. My thoughts too
  • staciarose13
    staciarose13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Is it best to quit and start a diet at the same time then? Kind of like a complete cold turkey thing? No more smokes or Big Macs all at the same time? Just wondering....

I did that a month ago. Quit smoking and started my diet on the same day. It has been SO HARD!!! I'm only down 3 pounds. It's better than gaining weight like I was afraid of, though!! Well worth it.
  • Bigwig236
    Bigwig236 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Inspirational!
  • nykdem
    nykdem Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 of MFP and week 3 of going to the gym and day 4 of no smoking and day 2 of cutting down on caffeine. I decided to address all the issues surrounding my unhealthy lifestyle all in one go. Why suffer numerous times when I can suffer once, for a few weeks, until my new lifestyle becomes habit.

I actually feel pretty good and I'm coping quite well with the cravings. I also know that if I'd tried to give up smoking without addressing my weight issues and unhealthy eating, I would have piled on the pounds!!

I have smoked 20 - 30 roll ups a day for over 25 years. I've tried to give up in the past and failed miserably but I think I've just got a different mindset now and failure isn't an option!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    It seems like everyone thinks you are talkin about cigarettes, but you say weed lol. What about Michael Phelps? He smokes but is the most decorated US Olympian...

Unless you are talkin about cigarettes.. I'm confused now. O well lol