Am I bloated, lack of muscle or have a health problem?

Options
3B64E3DC-AE29-46F3-9134-5479754A2677-666-000000ED11672514.jpg

26E0C917-2BD3-46D0-8539-DFD5A217540B-2282-0000010C28476B3F.jpg

Please can I have links to weight lifting routines if that's what you suggest

Replies

• alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    3B64E3DC-AE29-46F3-9134-5479754A2677-666-000000ED11672514.jpg

26E0C917-2BD3-46D0-8539-DFD5A217540B-2282-0000010C28476B3F.jpg

Please can I have links to weight lifting routines if that's what you suggest

thats like my tummy, but you're curvier than me.
  • amberrro
    Options
    do you have any suggestions on how to get rid of it?
  • alexbusnello
    Options
    do you have any suggestions on how to get rid of it?

Maybe it's lack of muscle and not eating enough to lose any body fat. "skinny fat".... = / that's what I am and my tummy gets bigger than yours...especially after i eat....
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Most of us are not doctors and are not qualified to judge if you have a health problem. Make an appointment to see your doctor if you have concerns. Regular check ups are a great idea either way.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    bump, I have that same pooch, except mine it covered with streach marks, I know mine gets worse when I eat to much salt, I would also like to know how to get rid of it
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    If you are truly concerned call your doctor ASAP. Stomach cancer is not joke. But other than that, I think walking and a good full body workout plan can help you. I hear you cannot spot reduce. Try lifting, I feel my core when I do squats.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Cut back on sodium and increase water intake (or drink a couple of glasses of alcohol) to reduce any bloating. Weights will take time to show results, but a combination of compound movements like squats and deadlifts plus ab exercises like crunches and planks will firm your stomach up some. Keep eating at a caloric deficit to lose the fat, obviously. If you're concerned it's a health problem, talk to your doctor, because I certainly have no idea.......
  • alexbusnello
    Options
    don't eat too low, though...and not for too long. You'll lose muscle mass that way, especially if you're not eating enough protein. I learned this the hard way. It's the reason why I'm a worse "skinny-fat" person....I was before I did damage to myself, but not this bad...
  • amberrro
    Options
    I really don't know what to do anymore :( I worked so hard to lose weight and my fatty stomach as I've ALWAYS hated it and I end up losing weight everywhere apart from my stomach :( I don't know what to do
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I really don't know what to do anymore :( I worked so hard to lose weight and my fatty stomach as I've ALWAYS hated it and I end up losing weight everywhere apart from my stomach :( I don't know what to do

One thing you don't do is stop trying. What is your body fat %?
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Cut back on sodium and increase water intake (or drink a couple of glasses of alcohol) to reduce any bloating. Weights will take time to show results, but a combination of compound movements like squats and deadlifts plus ab exercises like crunches and planks will firm your stomach up some. Keep eating at a caloric deficit to lose the fat, obviously. If you're concerned it's a health problem, talk to your doctor, because I certainly have no idea.......

Say whaaaaaaaaaat? Alcohol makes me bloat like a balloon. Two glasses of wine and my rings are digging into my fingers for days.

Cutting back on sodium and increasing water will help with bloat though. OP: I suggest you purchase the book "New Rules of Lifting for Women" and follow the diet and exercise plan laid out in it, it has changed my body more than 35# lost did.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Most of us are not doctors and are not qualified to judge if you have a health problem. Make an appointment to see your doctor if you have concerns. Regular check ups are a great idea either way.

This!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Erm Just a thought: Babies...
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Nothing to be alarmed about, it's just fat
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    You're pregnant.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Is this sudden, OP? If it's sudden, or come on gradually, I'd say: sodium, babies, menstruation.

Otherwise, it could be swayback, which is a posture thing. Certain yoga poses can help; I'm not nearly as thin as you are yet, but by doing these as part of my stretches, I don't ever have the "lower girl pooch."

http://www.livestrong.com/sway-back/
  • dblaacker
    dblaacker Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Do you drink? I see a lot of skinny girls develop that when they go to college and start drinking...
  • dblaacker
    dblaacker Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Also, running may help.
  • Hollthulhu
    Hollthulhu Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Erm Just a thought: Babies...

Ha, I thought this too... >_>
  • amberrro
    Options
    I am definitely NOT pregnant, I don't drink and i'm already underweight so i don't understand how it's fat and i'm not going to start running again as it makes me lose even more weight in other places which is not what i want as im already underweight.