Share your small wins!

Options
tsikkz
tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
Hey sometimes its the little things that keep us going in our weight loss journeys, whether its a passing comment someone made or a sudden realization that your are on the right track, lets share our small wins in this thread

A big one for me was when I looked down and realized I had my hair tie on my wrist for the entire day.. The 200lb me couldn't have imagined being able to wear a hair tie on my wrist without it leaving a deep red mark and being painful after 10 mins

Also I'm fairly new here and looking for more friends so feel free to send me a req :)

Replies

• anawhatsme
    anawhatsme Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    hey i love this idea.
    i totally think the small victories should be celebrated!
    so yay for your looser than usual hair tie around your wrist!
    surprises like that are so uplifting!!

my small victory is having a good first week eating clean.
    i feel really great!

thanks for starting this thread.
  • Zekesmom
    Options
    The belt I had been wearing for about a year was finally able to be put 2! notches smaller over the course of a month :)
    I'm currently working on getting a whole new belt.
    I've lost 18lbs as of my last weigh in ( 2 weeks ago ) and tomorrow is my weigh in. I'm excited to see if I have lost. I have been working really hard the past 2 weeks so I am hoping for a loss, even a little bit. I've noticed my belly seems a bit flatter, and I have been a lot less bloated.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    i put my hands on my hips and realised they were on my hips, not on flab over my hips :D
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    wow, congrats to all three of you :)

my small win is that today someone asked if I'd lost weight, they said it looked like it, looked great! Made me really happy especially since I've only lost a teensy bit, I didn't think anything was noticeable yet.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    ooh i had that already too, i'm down 5kg (11 lb i think?) but people are noticing, including me, so yay!

go you x
  • katemarie4
    katemarie4 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i was shaving my legs today and could really feel the new definition in my calf muscle! :)
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My double chin has dissapeared!!! None of my pants fit, constantly pulling them up lol. My love handles have shrunk. And I love going into public not constantly aware of my muffin top hanging over!!!

Oh, and I'm starting to build up some pretty good pipes! What 30 pounds can do! Can't wait to see another 20!
  • stina412
    Options
    I didn't look like a can of busted biscuits in my jeans today! The same jeans, that three weeks ago while driving home I had to unbutton after dinner for the ride home because they were pinching me =)
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Realized my size 12 pants are sagging/baggy and need to be replaced :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I worked out with a trainer yesterday and realized I'm a LOT stronger than I thought I was. I'm currently having those delicious muscle pains in my thighs and abdomen from his workout and that's a win for me the fact that I worked out hard enough to feel those without injuring anything. It's a major win in the battle inside my head that had me thinking I was too weak or fragile to do workouts that would be good enough to aid in my weight loss efforts. Yay for me!

yay-300x200.jpeg
  • 240x30
    240x30 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Got on a plane this week and was able to buckle without an extender!
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I think my biggest success, and not totally related to my weight loss, is I'm sleeping much better. I have insomnia that varies from being fairly mild to severe (I've been prescribed medications for those nights I can't fall asleep.) Now that I work out on a regular basis, and even though the insomnia still affects me, it has improved and what sleep I do get is much better - most nights now I'm sleeping soundly through the night, where before I would constantly wake up and toss and turn. I don't look exhausted all the time anymore!
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60 something pounds. Just started weight training again. 2 kids!
    * making myself eat more is great/ very difficult!
  • AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Lovely "small wins" Congratulations to all of you.

I had 2 today. My sister-in-law came around for a swim and commented "you're looking so good". The other was this morning when I found a pair of brand new underwear that I'd never worn because they were too small. I tried them on, just to see, and they not only fit but fit perfectly.
  • nazashi
    nazashi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I ran for 2 whole minutes on the.treadmill today!!:wink:
  • edessad
    edessad Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've had re-adjust my watch band and I can actually move my wedding ring around my finger again. haven't been able to do either in over 20 years.
  • FauxAngel13
    FauxAngel13 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    small victory for the last week has been having less anxiety after eating as gluten free as possible, looking forward to going totally gluten free next week and hoping for more imporovements XD especially with PMS
  • AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    I couldn't get over a certain point on my running track and I just did a few mintues ago! AND I was able to make it 750m more than the stupid point :D
  • sjc56
    sjc56 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Today my BMI dropped below 25! (it was over 32 when I started.

Just ordered a new suit and some new shirts. Down 4" on the waist/chest and 1.5" on the collar.
  • Ericsawicki
    Ericsawicki Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    it is A LOT easier to buckle my seat belt, and I've passed the 15 pounds lost mark.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!