Share your small wins!

Options

Replies

• ewelsh92
    ewelsh92 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I realized I haven't had a craving for a soda in over two weeks! I've lost a pound over the last week and half an inch off of my waist :) Not to big of a victory, but it shows i'm heading in the right direction! :smile:
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB, everyone!

I have a few, because I've been at this for 12 weeks today:
    - my husband has punched 4 new holes in my belt, and I'm using the smallest one!
    - I have to hook my bras on the smallest row of hooks, and they're still a little loose (and the cups are baggy, too)
    - I was able to buy a pair of straight 18 (not 18W) jeans, when I had been in Lane Bryant 18s, which are more like 20Ws. I almost sobbed in the dressing room when I was able to zip them up.
    - while frantically shopping this weekend for a dress to wear to a funeral (because the black dress in my closet now needs to be taken in), I found one that was the only one of the style on the rack and it was a 16. I took it to the fitting room for giggles and was actually able to zip it up - without my Spanx on.
  • kmcguirelmt
    kmcguirelmt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all these small victories, I have enjoyed reading so many of them!! I think it's hard to see the small victories because we get so caught up! I have a couple small victories as well; I have been making 1 new clean recipe a week and loved them all so far and I have been trying a new circuit for weight training the past couple weeks! It feels good to feel accomplished!!
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'm at the beginning of this journey (again). I did some emotional eating the past few days but today I feel like I caught it before I threw in the towel on the whole thing and gave up. I'm back on it today and I'm just about to work out.
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I've had too many to count. An unexpected one was at 204-208 lbs, my watch band was getting tight. When I dropped to 180, I had a link removed from the band. Now at 170, it's getting loose again.
  • Louder4
    Louder4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Even though the scale isn't going down as fast as I would like (does it ever?), I'm feeling stronger everyday. Actually can feel muscles in my shoulders, so excited!
  • jimmyalice1984
    jimmyalice1984 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm not so scared when I put Jillian Michaels in the dvd player....

I can wear nice colour skinny jeans instead of dark sensible jeans (no cellulite to spoil the look)

I bought a new belt the other day and chose a medium, had to exchange it today for a small (I'm not a small, the shop is probably a generous sizer) but still!!!! I was a large before :drinker:
  • cljabusc
    Options
    I only started MFP 3 days ago, but I've been drinking 8 glasses of water/day for about a week now. I thought i had noticed a difference in my skin (no blemishes, soft, moisturized), and my boyfriend confirmed that by complimenting me on how clear my skin looked! Yay!
  • LJSchmitt
    LJSchmitt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    So far in the journey the best small win has been when someone saw me the first time in 2 years and didn't recognize me! I had to tell them who I was. It was WONDERFUL!! The response: "You looked familiar but I had no idea it was you!"
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Although I havent lost alot on the scale this month I was getting extremely annoyed at how often I had to pull my gym pants up this morning at the gym while weight lifting. Annoying, yet a good sign even though small.
  • ivonne56
    ivonne56 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing everyone!! Keep up the fantastic job!!

For me:
    1. I had to put my belt notch from the 5th to the 6th
    2. I had to readjust my heart rate monitor strap
    3. My size 16 jeans fit HUGE and BAGGY
    4. I sleep sooooo much better
    5. I feel FANTASTIC about myself and I feel HEALTHY
  • f1ann4rs
    f1ann4rs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Putting on a shirt his morning for work and realise 4 weeks ago it was VERY tight, not now :)
  • LoganAnthony6
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone and their small wins! As for mine, it's likely that I went from my all time high of 250 pounds down to 240.. I was 230 last summer, and right now i'm getting my way back there at a steady pace. Next goal; 220's!
  • MyersCrystal
    MyersCrystal Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!:happy:
  • Jscanland
    Jscanland Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Got a new scale after realizing the old one was not working and I was right and I have lost wieght!!!!
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I lost half a shoe size!

And my new nickname at work is "slim." :smile:
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I'm finally the weight I say I am on my driver's license!

Thanks the Lord above, we don't have to list our weight on our driver's license's in NC. :)

This post made me wonder, "What is the weight listed on my driver's license?" (Note: I haven't driven our car in more than a year...right about the time that I got put back into a wheelchair.)

I was shocked. I actually listed my REAL weight, and I was 280 pounds! Oh my goodness! I forgot how heavy I was in 2011. That's when I got this license.
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I exercised on the Elliptical trainer at the gym for 65 straight! I used to split in 30 minutes because it was hard for me. Also, my gym clothes which were tight now fit me big!
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    Currently going through a stressful situation and not comfort eating, which is huge for me! The first sign of trouble and i was at the cakes, this time round I'm still having small treats but cooking more healthy foods in large batches so I can just grab something if I'm hungry and I'm keeping my exercising going too!

Well done to everyone and their own small wins...it's what keeps us going, great stuff keep posting!
  • Corkline
    Corkline Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm really enjoying everyone's small wins! I can't think of any of my own, though. Congrats, everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!