Foods that react as ..

Options
2»

Replies

• mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    I don't know what is more disturbing... someone wanting information to damage their bodies, or someone giving that information on a website devoted to healthy living.
  • Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    I don't know what is more disturbing... someone wanting information to damage their bodies, or someone giving that information on a website devoted to healthy living.

I thought the same. I'm shocked and appalled that people would actually give advice on this subject matter. It's an extremely unhealthy way to lose weight so why would someone encourage it?

LostTeen you need to really think about how you want to lose weight. This is not the healthiest way to do it for your body. Please be very careful.

Shame on those who have given advice like this.
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    The reason I want to know which foods react as laxatives is because I want a sudden weight loss =P
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    The reason I want to know which foods react as laxatives is because I want a sudden weight loss =P
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

Hahaha! Well said! I agree completely!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

Hahaha! Well said! I agree completely!

I third that!

All you would really be doing is seeing how much your *kitten* weighed, and making yourself weaker in the process. you wouldn't actually have lost any weight...
  • tabika05
    tabika05 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You're a teen? I hope that you are not a dancer who is feeling pressure to look like the skinny dancers and super models out there. From one young girl to another, I watched my sister slowly die from anorexia. Babe, everyone around you would rather see you healthy with a little tummy than attend your funeral. Much love to you and hang in there!!!!!! And trust me...I've been there done all that you're trying to do and it lands you in the hospital where they force feed you which is HORRIBLE!!!
  • nimiry
    nimiry Posts: 20
    Options
    Oh wow-
    never would think that there would be such a discussion on this... well I don't thing that this food is so bad for eating healthy... as I wrote: I use that stuff only when I notice that my metabolism stops working- like now for example- because my metabolism is changing since I stopped smoking a couple days ago... but in germany it's normal- almost everybody eats or drinks sauerkraut (yeah it's a german thing *lol*) and especially during a diet.. it's healthy and has a lot of vitamins- like plums and kiwis too.... if you're exaggerating it you will see that you don't do yourself any good because then either you'll burn for it or your metabolism stops working on it's own- just like I wrote when I wrote this food down- it's an experience that anybody can make on his/ her own. I said what I know what could happen- it's your decision what you do with this information- but really get away from the idea that it's not healthy to eat that food- there is so much vitamin C in this food!!! and anyways- if you don't say the kinds of food here she would get the foods in the internet- nowadays you'll find every information in the internet- just without the additional information that tells you what it makes to your body- I think that mfp is there to give you every information- no matter wether good or bad- everybody can write his or her own oppinion to this and the reader will see wether he or she should overthink this topic once more.... of course it's nothing for a sudden weight loss- doesn't bring anything for the long run... I just say it's not bad to include those foods in your diary because it's healthy and keeps your metabolism going...
  • gisii
    gisii Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i was thinking the same thing!!!
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    No offense but.....you claim that your "Inspiration" is a "Healthy Life". Can you please explain to us which part of inducing diarrhoea is healthy?
  • LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    No offense but.....you claim that your "Inspiration" is a "Healthy Life". Can you please explain to us which part of inducing diarrhoea is healthy?

Diarrhoea isnt healthy but I was just wondering which foods cause it
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    That's called bulimia. Not a good idea.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options

Diarrhoea isnt healthy but I was just wondering which foods cause it

Silly me. Here I thought you were just looking for "sudden weight loss" tips. I don't know where I could have gotten that idea. Good luck.
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    As an ex bulimic I can assure the original poster that her plan is not healthy for body or mind NOR IS IT EFFECTIVE. I know from experience that if you're not ready to confront a potential eating disorder, all the people in the world telling you it's not good for you won't help. However when I was doing it I was bloated and miserable physically and in an absolutely desperate state emotionally. And ironically I didn't actually lose weight with it. Laxitives can also lead to constipation (via dependence) in the end, which is going to give you the opposite result that you're after.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Oh wow-
    never would think that there would be such a discussion on this... well I don't thing that this food is so bad for eating healthy... as I wrote: I use that stuff only when I notice that my metabolism stops working- like now for example- because my metabolism is changing since I stopped smoking a couple days ago... but in germany it's normal- almost everybody eats or drinks sauerkraut (yeah it's a german thing *lol*) and especially during a diet.. it's healthy and has a lot of vitamins- like plums and kiwis too.... if you're exaggerating it you will see that you don't do yourself any good because then either you'll burn for it or your metabolism stops working on it's own- just like I wrote when I wrote this food down- it's an experience that anybody can make on his/ her own. I said what I know what could happen- it's your decision what you do with this information- but really get away from the idea that it's not healthy to eat that food- there is so much vitamin C in this food!!! and anyways- if you don't say the kinds of food here she would get the foods in the internet- nowadays you'll find every information in the internet- just without the additional information that tells you what it makes to your body- I think that mfp is there to give you every information- no matter wether good or bad- everybody can write his or her own oppinion to this and the reader will see wether he or she should overthink this topic once more.... of course it's nothing for a sudden weight loss- doesn't bring anything for the long run... I just say it's not bad to include those foods in your diary because it's healthy and keeps your metabolism going...

You are correct - there is nothing wrong with eating some foods that can cause a laxative effect - as part of a balanced diet. However, the original poster admitted that she was looking laxative-type foods to achieve sudden weight loss... which is not healthy. It's disturbing to see young people (or older people) trying to find yet one more way to abuse their bodies. And while yes, the OP will find whatever information she wants to find online - she doesn't need to learn how to abuse her body on a fitness site. Ya know? You were good in your post about not "exaggerating it" - but it was clear that exaggerating it is exactly what the OP intended to do.

Eat Well, Exercise and Enjoy life - THAT is the path to success!
  • TGIBriday83
    TGIBriday83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i dont understand people who try the laxative thing for weight loss. it's not helping you at all. 1. as soon as you eat again that weight is back and 2. its not changing how you look. your pants might fit a little better in the waist but thats about it.

i remember a few months back when i was working at target i overheard 2 girls in the supplements aisle talking about which diet pills they should take. thye eventually opted for the ones that provided cleansing so they could lose "poop weight" because "you know you hold like 40 pounds in poop weight." i've never been more disturbed by overhearing a conversation in my life. it also didnt help that losing "40 pounds" like that really wasn't going to be helping them all that much if you catch my drift.
  • nikhil_c8
    nikhil_c8 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Try Fibre One Chewy Bar.Warning..It causes a lot of Gas