OK... Let's Just Talk About It....

Options

Replies

• sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    If sex burned enough calories to log, I'd be Kenna Shell.
  • chelseabuns88
    chelseabuns88 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    The point of adding exercise is to allow yourself to eat more food. Nothing else.

So if you're trying to add exercise calories from sex it's for eating more.

It's irrelevant and should be counted as part of your daily allowance.

And here I was thinking exercise was about improving health, fitness and overall wellbeing!

Either way, I'm not getting any at the moment so I'd probably log it just to acknowledge it happened!
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I would just wear a HRM the next time you're lucky enough to get lucky. Then you'll have a baseline for logging it in future. If others log dusting I don't see why you can't log getting it on :) All the best to ya.
  • aj445
    aj445 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't log it and just consider it bonus calories :)
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Did you JUST start having sex in the hope of getting in shape, or were you enjoying this activity before you started logging? If you had sex before MFP, don't bother logging it as exercise cause let's face it, unless you have a 125 lb woman on your shoulders while you're performing squats over a guy, sex shouldn't be counted as anything other than pleasure.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    This is hilarious. If you want to add sex to your fitness routine why not??? Sounds like a fun way to burn a few calories to me!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    i couldnt imagine logging sex in just so i could shovel more food into my mouth.

ugh.. gross.

phrasing_zpsef0261e8.gif
  • Idris42
    Idris42 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The point of adding exercise is to allow yourself to eat more food. Nothing else.

So if you're trying to add exercise calories from sex it's for eating more.

It's irrelevant and should be counted as part of your daily allowance.

And here I was thinking exercise was about improving health, fitness and overall wellbeing!

Either way, I'm not getting any at the moment so I'd probably log it just to acknowledge it happened!
    Right?
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Oh, I see. I always wondered why there were so many people gardening in January...There's a whole lotta raking goin' on. :laugh:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    This is hilarious. If you want to add sex to your fitness routine why not??? Sounds like a fun way to burn a few calories to me!

I totally agree!!! Exercise is NOT about allowing yourself more calories to consume!!!! Come on guys....lighten up.....:flowerforyou:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Watch out for guys who log "Zumba".
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Wish I could say sex fell under my TDEE.....kicks rocks.
  • fatalis_vox
    fatalis_vox Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    If you log everything, log everything. Don't let people get you down by thinking that it's an excuse to "shovel food into your mouth." That's just unnecessarily rude.

Let's face it. We all work out so we can eat more of what we want. That's the way it works. We want to he healthy, we want to be beautiful, we want to eat pizza and chocolate or whatever else we like. Don't let people judge you--They have absolutely no right.

As far as the number of calories burned, I don't know. What I usually do is I compare heartrate. When I'm lifting weights or doing some other strength training, I'll make a note of my heartrate and compare it to what my heartrate is when I'm running. Then I measure the workout as "x-minutes of running xmph" or whatever. So if your partner is willing to put up with a bit of a pause, I'd try to stop in the middle of things and take your heartrate, then do some jogging or speedwalking, or whatever cardio you prefer, and find what matches that heartrate.

If, you know, you can remember to stop. Otherwise, pun completely intended, you're just boned.
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I mean why not?
    HKKDoH8.gif

TdZu3nb.gif

Again...
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Watch out for guys who log "Zumba".

I looooove me some "Zumba".
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    This thread is the epitome of a first world problem. :laugh:
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Did you JUST start having sex in the hope of getting in shape, or were you enjoying this activity before you started logging? If you had sex before MFP, don't bother logging it as exercise cause let's face it, unless you have a 125 lb woman on your shoulders while you're performing squats over a guy, sex shouldn't be counted as anything other than pleasure.

That sounds like a movie I have seen.
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    i couldnt imagine logging sex in just so i could shovel more food into my mouth.

ugh.. gross.

costanza-food-and-sex.gif
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I say its your life and YOUR body and YOUR MFP account, so do whatever YOU want. I personally don't log any exercise because I don't "eat back" calories. I don't need to MFP to tell me I worked out. If I did log exercise, I probably wouldn't log sex...I'd just count it as bonus calories in my head.

I wore the BodyBugg for a couple years that was monitored every other day by my trainer. One day he was looking at it and noticed a drop in cals burned/min (obviously I had gone to sleep) and then a HUGE SPIKE around 3am and then it dropped back down around 4am.

AWKWARD!!
  • witeowl
    witeowl Posts: 89
    Options
    Happened to see a similar conversation over at the Fitbit forums. There's at least one person over there who logs it as badminton. Now I'll always wonder whenever I come across a badminton player's log! :)