Your #1 Weight Loss Tip-

Options
13»

Replies

• Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Research+Common Sense=Sanity and Sustainability!
  • ladyinredflush
    ladyinredflush Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    eat food you actually enjoy...If I don't feel like eating something, then I won't..I'll find another healthy alternative. Don't completely neglect your taste buds.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I always find it easiest just to cut out white flour and sugar. That's me though. I am less hungry when they are not part of my diet. I am not recommending this for everyone!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Diligence. Perserverence. Attitude! If I think of it as a "diet", I am doomed to fail. And I didn't look at how far I had to go in the beginning, I looked at how far I'd come. Even when it was only a few pounds, I worked hard for them and I was proud. And I was NOT willing to throw it away! Now that I've lost 67 pounds, I'm never going back!
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    One thing I've really had to work on (still not perfect) is making sure I only eat when I'm physically hungry... most of the time I find myself going for seconds or mindlessly snacking and I'll realize... I'm not even hungry!!! So I have to ask myself all the time... Am I really hungry??... Do I really need that snack?? And the #1 question would be... If the only thing there was to eat was salad or carrots, would I eat that?? That catches me every time... If I find myself going ehhh... I'll realize I'm not really hungry... Hope this helps someone!!!

So true! It's amazing how we have to continuially calibrate our sense of hunger. Good one.
  • letjog
    letjog Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Stop eating so much goddamn food!
  • matchete8
    matchete8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mine will be - do what works for you!
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    Invest in a food scale... it's amazing how inaccurate one's estimates of food weight can be
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Never give up things that bring you joy, just savor the joy in much smaller doses.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    What is the number one weight loss tip that you live by-

Cut out as much sugar as possible.
  • justmerach
    Options
    I had to learn to understand that I cannot have everything I want whenever I want it. Everything in moderation.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    Consistency is everything!! do the right thing 90% of the time and you will lose weight
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    eat. eat. eat. five-six times a day (small portions ofcourse).
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Baby Steps.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Non-fat and fat-free foods are a joke. 9 times out of 10 those fats you're avoiding are healthy fats. Plus those fat free and non-fat versions usually have more sugar/aspartame and complex carbs. If you're so worried about those extra calories in full fat versions...get over it. Suck it up and workout 5-10 minutes longer. :-)