Polar FT4 or FT7

Options
13»

Replies

• Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thanks for so many replies - one more question I just thought of - I personally want a HRM to use when weight lifting and when in the gym - are either the FT4 or FT7 compatible with gym equipment? I've heard of some HRMs interfered by the machines and not working properly?

They oth are compatible with equipment set to read hrm's but using while fitting is not going to give your accurate account for calories counting wise. They are meant to be worn during aerobic activity and not lifting.

Ah no! Is there any way to calculate calories burned through strength training then, if not through using a HRM? Lifting free weights and using the weights machines must burn calories?
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    7!! I wondered the same but the sole purpose of me using mine is to see if I am in fitness zone, (the zone to burn max) The 4 doesn't tell you. It has changed my progress in a great way! gl

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean, but my FT4 shows your target zone and also beeps if you fall below it. You can also vary the target zone manually if you choose.
    This is my experience with my FT4 as well... one of the data screens shows target zone and where your current heart rate falls.