What's your favorite...

Options
2»

Replies

• Ashiieepuff
    Options
    Fresh tilapia baked with some white lemon, garlic, white wine and capers! I like this with a side of wheat pasta
  • marshmallow8978
    marshmallow8978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I use fresh or frozen. My favorite is salmon with lemon or mustard and honey. I also eat white fish with butter.
  • mamaparks87
    mamaparks87 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Preheat the oven to 425. Take salmon filets and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then I use Jerk Seasoning and cover the top of them with that. Then I drizzle a bit of honey on each one. Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy.
  • snrhea
    snrhea Posts: 8
    Options
    I love cooking salmon in the foil packets. My favorite is a soy sauce and brown sugar marinade I found on allrecipes.com awhile ago. I love the marinade but the sodium content is pretty high. My grocery store sells frozen salmon for $1 (4 oz) so I buy those pretty often and cook it according to the directions---1/4" water in a pan and cover--I use lemon juice on these to flavor it.
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Mahi mahi on the grill, with just some olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Salmon is super easy. Either use a little Italian dressing or some of your favorite seasonings and lemon juice. Cook it on the BBQ, or bake it or broil it.

YUM.
  • Will606
    Will606 Posts: 55
    Options
    I've been eating a lot of tilapia lately, but I love, love, love me some nice catfish...rolled in cornmeal, seasoned up good and deep fried...mmm. My tilapia is usually just seasoned with some Ms Dash, a bit of olive oil, wrapped in tin foil and put in oven at 375 for about 20 mins. So easy even I can do it, but its healthy and pretty yummy actually
  • missa0208
    Options
    My fav lately has been talipia w/ some itailan seasoning, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice when its done. Only takes about 20 mins in the over, super fast and easy. I have tried it, rub on yellow mustard and sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning, is good too.
  • MsCarlalalala
    Options
    Salmon steaks or fillet.. lay on a sheet of foil, top with a julienne or carrots and zucchini, sprinkle with dill or lemon pepper, squeeze fresh lemon juice (a little white wine if you have it) fold foil to seal everything in bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. More or less depending on thickness of your fish.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    My favorite is to buy frozen tilapia or roughy, thaw in cool water, put on parchment paper, smear with Trader Joes roasted red pepper artichoke tamponade and smoked paprika, wrap up in the paper and bake at 350 for 20 minutes, nearly impossible to overcook it in parchment paper, always moist and delicious.
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    My favorite is to buy frozen tilapia or roughy, thaw in cool water, put on parchment paper, smear with Trader Joes roasted red pepper artichoke tamponade and smoked paprika, wrap up in the paper and bake at 350 for 20 minutes, nearly impossible to overcook it in parchment paper, always moist and delicious.

Never heard of using parchment paper. How is that better than foil?
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    All of the ideas are great! It seems a lot of you wrap it in tin foil (or parchment paper) and cook it and that seems like a pretty fail safe approach. My one big question then is how do you know when fish is done? I think I always end up over cooking it because it never seems done and I don't want to eat raw fish. Seems like I should never have to cook it for more than twenty minutes...is that the case?

I've been wanting to add fish into my weekly diet. I'm a once every six months kinda gal because I can never get it right. But love the high protein/low calorie/healthy fat combo. So this week I will try to cook it at least once.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    20 minutes is ample, unless you have a whole shark or very thick piece of fish. Normal fish 20 is just fine

It will continue cooking with the residual heat once removed from oven

The advantage of a tin foil "parcel" is the steam does not escape, so fish remains moist & not dried out