How much of a hoarder are you?

Options
Feisty_Red
Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
Cleaning out closet...I shall confess....I still having clothing from high school...but its the cutest outfit and damn skippy it fits again! Granted...I just graduated high school a couple years ago... (snicker) fiine...it was 20+ years ago.....

How bad are you?

Replies

• ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and I still have a jacket I got in the 5th grade. :)
  • obolton756
    obolton756 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm far too OCD to hoard stuff.. I chuck stuff sometimes then wish I kept it lol
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    1. More flashlights than any woman will ever need.
    2. Going on a trip? I have about 200 of those plastic travel sets for soap/toothbrush...
    3. I was a size 8 in 2006. I couldn't let go. Had ALL of my clothes until 11/2012.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Not bad. I love getting rid of stuff. Sometimes I do it prematurely and later regret it. I still regret giving away the dress I wore on my first date with my husband. It was so cute.

I do have one denim skirt from my grad school years. That's about it.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Im a recovering hoarder, thank you.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    1. More flashlights than any woman will ever need.
    2. Going on a trip? I have about 200 of those plastic travel sets for soap/toothbrush...
    3. I was a size 8 in 2006. I couldn't let go. Had ALL of my clothes until 11/2012.

I'm coming to you for all my travel needs... ;)
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I still have my high school graduating class of 1987 T shirt its tight though!!! I don't hoard much if not used in a few tossed or donated.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Not a hoarder inthe least. I get a buzz throwing stuff away. Leave your stuff laying out, in the way or dirty looking too long & you'll probably lose it tothe trash. Have had throwers remorse a few times but not enough to make me reform.
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    Options
    I'm not a hoarder everything has to go in a spot -.- My problem is I'll spend money on something and then I won't use it because it's a lot of money for me to replace so I'll want it forever. (i.e soap and other assorted product). So I'll buy expensive stuff it will sit in the closet or wherever and then I'll use dollar store crap and gobuy more when it's gone. -.- Makes no sense lol but I'm working on it!
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I've become a chocolate hoarder. I have about 4 bags of chocolate bars I can't find the calories to work into my day. But I buy them when I go to the store. It's like I'm being naughty buying it and then reality hits when I get home.
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I have my favorite stuffed animal from childhood that I use to sleep with every night, but when it comes to clothes, especially now a days, once it's too big, I donate it. There's no going back for me!! =) The only exception to this rule is my wedding dress and reception dress that were made for me (1999) ... both are too big. =)=)
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I think I could feed a family out of my purse and could cook a meal for 20 people at any time with the food in my house - so I must hoard food.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I buy office supplies and never use them. They are overflowing from closets. But I feel intense desire to purchase and own various sizes of rules, types of staplers, reams of printing paper, buckets of art supplies (I actually use some of that, not much). The list goes on. I will stand in the office supply stores for hours before someone calls me or I am otherwise reminded I have a life to live.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    My mother was something of a hoarder. When she passed on last year I cleared out her house and found a post office savings book from 1963, when she was 15. It is in pounds, shilling and pence!

I think it's incredible, and intend to frame it.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    My husband just got rid of 2 car loads of crap and I have probably 2 more to go. If he weren't in the military and we didn't have weight limits for the moves...I would be so bad off.

Edited to say: this is 2 years worth of crap I have collected....
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! I am so much worse than I thought!! :sad:

I'm reading and realizing other **** I hoard! 100% hoarder here.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite of a hoarder. I could walk away from almost all personal and material items tomorrow. Of course, that would require me to spend money to repurchase some things, like a winter coat and some shoes. So basically, I would only hold onto necessities if life came to that.

As for my house, I'm really quick to toss things. Sometimes too quick. I'm always throwing things away that my husband or kids later tell me they need.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I have shorts that I've had since I was 16 (so they're almost 20 years old) and was at my lowest weight ever. My husband loved them and I was determined to fit into them again. I can get them buttoned and zipped now but they're still a little too tight to wear comfortably.

Also, I may or may not be a food hoarder. There is a ton of stuff out on the garage shelves. My best friend says I'm just well prepared.

Books and yarn too. I've got hundreds of books and enough yarn to spend several years knitting.
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I hoard junk, my house is like steptoes and sons...
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Not at all. If I don't like it/ use it it goes. I can't think with clutter around me, or knowing I have tons of things bogging me down. That being said - I am having a hard time letting go of my clothes from when I was larger. I try to repurpose some shirts into tunics or shirt dresses because slouchy baggy is a trend now.